Tournament SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 Prize Pool! - Round 4 - CHROMERA BANNED

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 prize pool!
hosted by dex
art by the masterful martinvtran

SS CAP is coming to an end, and there is no better way to celebrate the community that got me on Smogon in the first place than a massive, crazy money tournament! CAP was what first drew me to participate on Smogon, and while I am now active across the site, CAP will always hold a special place for me as the catalyst for my introduction to the community. The prize structure will be as follows:
1st Place: 40% ($400)
2nd Place: 20% ($200)
3rd-4th Place: 10% each ($100)
5th-8th Place: 5% each ($50)
Huge shoutout to the following users who helped me contribute to this absolutely massive prize pool:
The following rules apply:
Rules:
  • This is a standard [Gen 8] CAP tournament.
  • The format is best of three, single elimination. Quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals will be best of five, single elimination.
  • Changing teams in between matches is allowed.
  • It is required that you post your replays to avoid disputes.
  • All Smogon tournament rules apply.
  • Any change in tiering will not take effect until the following round. This includes the potential buffs/nerfs to Saharaja, Miasmaw, and Chromera. Should a buff/nerf go live in the middle of a week, that CAP will be banned for the duration of that week and any extensions for that week.
  • Matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
  • Please use this guide when scheduling with your opponent.
SS CAP Metagame Resources:
Intro to SS CAP | Viability Rankings | Sample Teams | Good Cores | Role Compendium | Sets

Pairings:

Azamat140499  vs  Jordy004
JayHeaven  vs  One Last Kiss
Kabilapok  vs  Lily
sensei axew  vs  Failbor
ASKid679  vs  zioziotrip
Eivor  vs  shiloh
R1C3M4N  vs  outbackrabbit
IronFlashGaming  vs  clean
Ewin  vs  zS
QWILY  vs  jawabarat
DugZa  vs  Revenge Killer
Nobodynobody  vs  jonfilch
Brigtel  vs  anique
MTB'er Ben  vs  Reje
Leru  vs  blunder
Caprisong  vs  Ikaishi
D2TheW  vs  talah
Dr Professor MD  vs  Sylveon used calm mind
faithviolet  vs  Spl4sh
Maya  vs  Gray
Potatoboybob  vs  Potatochan
pannuracotta  vs  Juicyjaguar
jscurf2  vs  xavgb
RaJ.Shoot  vs  Joeshh
Asher647  vs  Andrew M
blastablasta  vs  quziel
noobiste  vs  hariyana grande
astralydia  vs  Maxouille
crying  vs  Fc
DEG  vs  MTB
SunMYSER  vs  TJ
RaiZen1704  vs  Jordy

Reminder that this round is Best of 3. Replays are required. The deadline for this round is October 30, 11:59 PM GMT -4. Extensions have until October 26, 11:59 PM GMT -4 to complete their games.

Chromera has recently been buffed and thus will be banned for this round.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
this week looks hella sick, lot of cool matches i am looking forward to (i even underlined them)

Azamat140499  vs  Jordy004 : both players have done well and gotten 2 act wins, pretty even match but Jordy004 is like sim staff or smthn
JayHeaven  vs  One Last Kiss : Jay legitimately has had the most difficult bracket out of anybody IMO and shows zero sign of stopping
Kabilapok  vs  Lily : better connections with others in the playerbase + experience
sensei axew  vs  Failbor : maybe a bit bold given sensei axew's trophy lineup but Failbor looks more promising in both their performance and having used more than one team. looking forward to this one fs
ASKid679  vs  zioziotrip : Okay but ASKid679 if you do it again I'm going all in on you for the rest of the tour
Eivor  vs  shiloh : sure ig 2-1
R1C3M4N  vs  outbackrabbit : feels a bit stronger as a player and has loaded more interested teams
IronFlashGaming  vs  clean : the safer pick but IronFlashGaming has impressed me so far, would be a hype upset
Ewin  vs  zS : two good players who have both taken down some respectable opponents, giving advantage to zS here simply because they keep loading the same mon and winning with it
QWILY  vs  jawabarat : more experience
DugZa  vs  Revenge Killer : yeah this one kinda rocks, RK has faced more challenging opponents if you ask me but both are strong all-around players with good cappers to fall back on for support.
Nobodynobody  vs  jonfilch : player who defeated the "2-0 tour goers" menace that was AquaticCarlie vs thee jonathan filch. gut is telling me jon takes it but i'm not 100% confident all things considered
Brigtel  vs  anique : anique's won a bit more convincingly overall, should still be rather close
MTB'er Ben  vs  Reje : reje is doing quite well, 2-1 favor
Leru  vs  blunder : the "shnowshner going negative in predictions" of pokemon
Caprisong  vs  Ikaishi : like their teamloads more
D2TheW  vs  talah : D2 will continue to win games due to this not being a team tour
Dr Professor MD  vs  Sylveon used calm mind : probably
faithviolet  vs  Spl4sh : idk i like this matchup tho Spl4sh is likely going to take it
Maya  vs  Gray : epic match. don't have a solid opinion on it
Potatoboybob  vs  Potatochan
potatobattle.png
dex who payed you for this one LOL
pannuracotta  vs  Juicyjaguar : pannu continues to look strong
jscurf2  vs  xavgb : stresh also continues to look strong
RaJ.Shoot  vs  Joeshh : a different way of saying the above two comments
Asher647  vs  Andrew M : Andrew M has made it to R4 without playing a single match pretty powerful
blastablasta  vs  quziel : unfort that quziel's signature mon is banned this round, either way i am very interested in the outcome of this match given both player's progress thus far
noobiste  vs  hariyana grande : i might be more invested in what these two are capable of after one takes the W here (unless the games don't happen in which case i am ALWAYS betting against u)
astralydia  vs  Maxouille : unlike the previous match i just don't know who's gonna take this one
crying  vs  Fc : crying looks to be making up for a disappointing CAPPL record and i'm all for it
DEG  vs  MTB : has playe dmore or whatever MTB could still win
SunMYSER  vs  TJ : the amount of variables in what these games could bring is off the charts. tj is probably going to lose off of some weird set going ham against half the team
RaiZen1704  vs  Jordy : god idk>??? both are gamers
Baloor vs spoo : chad baloor vs small smelly spoo haha EDIT oh would u look at that he already lost 0-4 in this best of 3 series...... what a loser!!!

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Now that most of the matchups are good, it is time to do predicts!

Azamat140499  vs  Jordy004 - I beat Jordy with scarf alolatales in a tour once, but he will win here.
JayHeaven  vs  One Last Kiss - Jay seems to be the only stall player who uses Ground-types, amazing.
Kabilapok  vs  Lily - The Irish remain strong.
sensei axew  vs  Failbor - Picking the stronger player, though Failbor has beaten some notable opponents.
ASKid679  vs  zioziotrip - zack.
Eivor  vs  shiloh - Picking the stronger player.
R1C3M4N  vs  outbackrabbit - Should be close, though outbackrabbit might just be destined to take my money as karma after I haxed him to an incredibly degree in BDSP seasonal.
IronFlashGaming  vs  clean - anti zazo.
Ewin  vs  zS - hilarious, funny, and thrilling.
QWILY  vs  jawabarat - QWILY has actual support.
DugZa  vs  Revenge Killer - charles.
Nobodynobody  vs  jonfilch - he plays overwatch now, watch out.
Brigtel  vs  anique - sadly, there are still French in the tour.
MTB'er Ben  vs  Reje - Picking the stronger player.
Leru  vs  blunder - The best to ever do it keeps on doing it.
Caprisong  vs  Ikaishi - My guy.
D2TheW  vs  talah - The Irish remain strong.
Dr Professor MD  vs  Sylveon used calm mind - Sylveon uses actual teams!
faithviolet  vs  Spl4sh - I think non-banned Splash has a real shot to make it far despite his lack of experience in the tier (though CAP experience is more of a ... moment if anything).
Maya  vs  Gray - A more impressive track record leads me to believe in Gray.
Potatoboybob  vs  Potatochan - Boil em mash em stick em in a stew.
pannuracotta  vs  Juicyjaguar - Sadly, this remains free.
jscurf2  vs  xavgb - A well deserved respite for the favorite.
RaJ.Shoot  vs  Joeshh - My guy.
Asher647  vs  Andrew M - Idk either player but I like Andrew's pfp a lot.
blastablasta  vs  quziel - Beautiful.
noobiste  vs  hariyana grande - Picking the stronger player.
astralydia  vs  Maxouille - This is more of a hope if anything.
crying  vs  Fc - Crackshit abound.
DEG  vs  MTB - Not familiar with either one.
SunMYSER  vs  TJ - My guy.
RaiZen1704  vs  Jordy - Sickest matchup of the round.

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Azamat140499  vs  Jordy004 - fewer numbers
JayHeaven  vs  One Last Kiss
Kabilapok  vs  Lily
sensei axew
 vs  Failbor
ASKid679  vs  zioziotrip
Eivor  vs  shiloh
R1C3M4N
 vs  outbackrabbit
IronFlashGaming  vs  clean - teamkill asf this is such a tragic pairing
Ewin  vs  zS - ewin has solid support + i think zs can def be taken advantage of if he keeps reusing teams but i feel compelled to root for the guy that beat me to make it far
QWILY
 vs  jawabarat
DugZa  vs  Revenge Killer - vamos bagons
Nobodynobody  vs  jonfilch - vamos bagons
Brigtel  vs  anique
MTB'er Ben  vs  Reje - it's not actually possible to prep for cap stall and ou sun at once
Leru  vs  blunder - the garry kasparov of cap
Caprisong  vs  Ikaishi
D2TheW  vs  talah - 1-4 slot in mickey mouse tour vs spl winner LMFAOOOOOO actually no fucking shot D2TheW hope the leprechauns are on ur side for this series cuz ur gonna need it like
Dr Professor MD  vs  Sylveon used calm mind
faithviolet  vs  Spl4sh
Maya  vs  Gray - don't really know maya but gray is good
Potatoboybob  vs  Potatochan - gotta throw in some upsets u know
pannuracotta  vs  Juicyjaguar - above
jscurf2  vs  xavgb
RaJ.Shoot
 vs  Joeshh
Asher647  vs  Andrew M
blastablasta  vs  quziel - as long as blasta doesn't prep for ingrain xurkitree we are safe
noobiste  vs  hariyana grande
astralydia
 vs  Maxouille - very close
crying  vs  Fc - rooting for crying as their games are incredibly entertaining but i think it's quite likely that they make it to top 8 anyways
DEG  vs  MTB
SunMYSER  vs  TJ - could be a good upset if sun loads 6 cap
RaiZen1704  vs  Jordy - :swolegoon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)