Tournament SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 Prize Pool! - Quarterfinals

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 prize pool!
hosted by dex
art by the masterful martinvtran

SS CAP is coming to an end, and there is no better way to celebrate the community that got me on Smogon in the first place than a massive, crazy money tournament! CAP was what first drew me to participate on Smogon, and while I am now active across the site, CAP will always hold a special place for me as the catalyst for my introduction to the community. The prize structure will be as follows:
1st Place: 40% ($400)
2nd Place: 20% ($200)
3rd-4th Place: 10% each ($100)
5th-8th Place: 5% each ($50)
Huge shoutout to the following users who helped me contribute to this absolutely massive prize pool:
The following rules apply:
Rules:
  • This is a standard [Gen 8] CAP tournament.
  • Quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals will be best of five, single elimination.
  • Changing teams in between matches is allowed.
  • It is required that you post your replays to avoid disputes.
  • All Smogon tournament rules apply.
  • Any change in tiering will not take effect until the following round. This includes the potential buffs/nerfs to Saharaja, Miasmaw, and Chromera. Should a buff/nerf go live in the middle of a week, that CAP will be banned for the duration of that week and any extensions for that week.
  • Matches must be played on Smogtours.
  • Please use this guide when scheduling with your opponent.
SS CAP Metagame Resources:
Intro to SS CAP | Viability Rankings | Sample Teams | Good Cores | Role Compendium | Sets

Pairings:

Gray  vs  Sylveon used calm mind
shiloh  vs  Joeshh
Failbor  vs  Ewin
talah  vs  Azamat140499

Reminder that this round is Best of 5. Replays are required. The deadline for this round is November 20, 11:59 PM GMT -4. Matches must be played on Smogtours for visibility.

Last edited:

dex

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Reminder to all who are still in, this round is Bo5 and matches must be played on smogtours. Good luck.

dex

Welcome to the money, lads. Each of the 8 remaining players have earned a piece of the pot, and congratulations are in order for making it this far! Hopefully this tour has sparked a bit of interest in y'all in the tier, and I'm glad we've made it! As for predicts...

Gray  vs  Sylveon used calm mind: Gray is the last sample user left, but they've defeated some very noteworthy opponents. The same can be said of Sylveon. Should be close and fun!
shiloh  vs  Joeshh: Joeshh is easily the Cinderella story of this tour, but shiloh has real support and is poised to make a deeper run.
Failbor  vs  Ewin: Surely Failbor stops winning with ancient samples sometime, right? Either way, Ewin gets a chance to flex his piloting skills here.
talah  vs  Azamat140499: My upset pick. While I will thank talah endlessly for defeating the fisher, Azamat similarly defeated the no-ground stall user. May the best jank win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)