Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
approved by snake_rattler
based on sparktrain's Cyclohm Cup
art by Rocket Grunt

SS CAP Cyclohm Cup

1604373697099.png

Hey cats, we're here to open up signups for the SS CAP Cyclohm Cup, formerly known as the SS CAP Post-DLC2 Release Tournament. The premise of the tour is very simple: users sign up in groups of three or as a free agent. Free agents may later be assigned to teams or grouped together to form new teams. Each team will play others in a round-robin format, then depending on the number of participants the top 2 or 4 teams will play each other in a single-elimination format. Each game will be a best of one in the SS CAP format. The team that wins 2 out of 3 wins the week. A sample matchup would look like this:

Team 1 vs Team 2
Player A vs Player X
Player B vs Player Y
Player C vs Player Z
All standard Smogon tournament rules apply. Since this is a team tour I do feel it necessary to emphasize the fact that ghosting is illegal, and will result in your team's immediate disqualification.

When signing up, please have one member of the team post the list of all three members, as well as a name for your team. Those on the team that don't make the post should like the post to confirm that they do in fact want to be on the team.

There's one final aspect I want to address with the signups. The original Cyclohm Cup had an added restriction that applied the species clause to every team made by one group in a week. In essence what this means is if Player A uses a team with Tomohawk, Equilibra, and Toxapex, Players B and C cannot use any of those Pokémon in their matches. Since this may be contentious or discourage some users from signing up, I'd like to put this to a vote. When you make your team's signup post, please put either Yes or No in bold at the bottom of the post to indicate whether or not you agree to the clause. Whichever policy gets the most votes will be enacted.

Signups will be open until Sunday, November 8th at 11:59pm GMT-6.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Judging by the amount of signups, I think it's prudent to shift this from a round-robin format to single elimination. I'd rather not have this go on for too long, but if anyone has any objections please let me know.

Additionally, for those that have signed up as free agents, I encourage you to get in contact with one another and form teams. Otherwise you'll be grouped randomly.

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
I'm not signing up because I cannot play CAP it's just too big brain for me, but maybe I'll suggest smaller round robin groups (like 2) so that you can still have the round robin feel without being too much

Reactions: BP

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
DPH and Henny

1. Me
2. Revenge of Depressed Gay
3. againa

Yeah we the cure to all your problems*
*Cough-and-cold products have not been shown to be safe or effective in children younger than 6 years. Therefore, do not use this product to treat cold symptoms in children younger than 6 years unless specifically directed by the doctor. Some products (such as long-acting tablets/capsules) are not recommended for use in children younger than 12 years. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details about using your product safely.

These products do not cure or shorten the length of the common cold and may cause serious side effects. To decrease the risk for serious side effects, carefully follow all dosage directions. Do not use this product to make a child sleepy. Do not give other cough-and-cold medication that might contain the same or similar ingredients (see also Drug Interactions section). Ask the doctor or pharmacist about other ways to relieve cough and cold symptoms (such as drinking enough fluids, using a humidifier or saline nose drops/spray).

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Cool, signups are closed now. I went ahead and randomly assigned free agents to a team. Unfortunately with five free agents signed up two were left out. The team and proof are listed below

(Name TBD)
A: 20Yelram02
B: LucarioOfLegends
C: heartofgold

1604902144561.png

Apologies to KilluaKillingIt and LowenCraft. You two will be kept as subs in case anyone on the free agents team is unable to play. Expect the round 1 matchups shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)