Project SS CAP Battle of the Fortnight - Round 19: GARRETT VS LBN

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Good Evening and Salutations, Fortnightgoers;

Gather round, for I come bearing splendid news! It is with great pleasure that I announce the following:

I have bested my mortal enemy XBOSSARUX in a hard-fought three game series; proof of such claims can be found in the recordings below. I hope you may find the games to your liking, just as I know I did. Indeed, it was a truly spectacular showing.

Game One: A Tale of Two Players - Shocking surprises left, right, and center!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1586903094

Game Two: Down but Not Out - The odds may be stacked, but we press onward!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1586907075

Game Three: A Hero Emerges - Victory is in sight!!! Don't stop now!!!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1586911074

It is my great hope that the story of these games is passed down for generations to come. Watch them; learn from them; relive each and every moment in glorious vivid detail. For it is unlikely Smogon will ever witness such brilliance again.

And finally, a word to my opponent: XBOSSARUX, we may be principally juxtaposed against one another by the Cosmos itself, fated to violently pit ourselves into ceaseless bloodshed time after time, but I would like to extent my sincerest thanks for your continued sportsmanship. It was no small task to prepare for the monumental strength I knew I would run up against, but my blood, sweat, shit, and tears have paid off in spades.

I leave you all now with this final quote:

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with a Level 4 Dwebble."
- Sun Tzu​
Kisses,
Spoo

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
throw-challenge.gif

i forsake the traditional rules of this thread to challenge one snake_rattler to a "first to 9" in CAP VGC 2022

rules:
1. First player to reach 9 wins is declared victor of the duel
2. We must play 3 games in a row with each team we load
3. After the third game, we each must switch teams
4. When switching teams, the next team cannot have more than 3 of the same mons as the previous one
5. Each team must have at least 2 CAPs
6. you MUST let me set up BellyZard

accept the challenge and state your time snake, GMT -4

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
View attachment 428249

i forsake the traditional rules of this thread to challenge one snake_rattler to a "first to 9" in CAP VGC 2022

rules:
1. First player to reach 9 wins is declared victor of the duel
2. We must play 3 games in a row with each team we load
3. After the third game, we each must switch teams
4. When switching teams, the next team cannot have more than 3 of the same mons as the previous one
5. Each team must have at least 2 CAPs
6. you MUST let me set up BellyZard

accept the challenge and state your time snake, GMT -4
I forsake the traditional rules of courtesy and reply a month and a half later to your challenge! Here are rules that I enjoy a little better (that we might have already DM'ed about to each other):

1. We do three Best of 3's in Series 9 (VGC 2021) and three Best of 3's in Series 12 (VGC 2022). Eighteen battles total.
2. For each Best of 3, we cannot change the 6 Pokemon brought to team preview midway through (we can pick whichever 4 after preview though).
3. For each Best of 3, we need to use a different team, so 6 teams total (3 in Series 9, 3 in Series 12)
4. Each team must have at least 2 CAPs.
5. If we tie...idk Metronome battle tie breaker or something.

If you want to enforce your rule 4 about not having 3 of the same mons as the previous team, we can, but I think the 2 CAP restriction already shakes up building pretty well. Series 9 and Series 12 will be run to showcase more CAPs (because restricted legendaries push some out of the metagame).

I am GMT-5 and have a pretty free schedule for the next 7 days. I shall see you in the arena, Brambulous Bane

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I forsake the traditional rules of courtesy and reply a month and a half later to your challenge! Here are rules that I enjoy a little better (that we might have already DM'ed about to each other):

1. We do three Best of 3's in Series 9 (VGC 2021) and three Best of 3's in Series 12 (VGC 2022). Eighteen battles total.
2. For each Best of 3, we cannot change the 6 Pokemon brought to team preview midway through (we can pick whichever 4 after preview though).
3. For each Best of 3, we need to use a different team, so 6 teams total (3 in Series 9, 3 in Series 12)
4. Each team must have at least 2 CAPs.
5. If we tie...idk Metronome battle tie breaker or something.

If you want to enforce your rule 4 about not having 3 of the same mons as the previous team, we can, but I think the 2 CAP restriction already shakes up building pretty well. Series 9 and Series 12 will be run to showcase more CAPs (because restricted legendaries push some out of the metagame).

I am GMT-5 and have a pretty free schedule for the next 7 days. I shall see you in the arena, Brambulous Bane
Challenge accepted. RFN (or maybe tomorrow or Thursday)

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
no but ill bo3/5 u in oras if youd be down for that
1667182617825.png

---

i condone this, but under the following stipulations:

-NO POKEMON CAN BE REPEATED ON ANY OF THE TEAMS
-GAMES MUST BE PLAYED WITHIN SEVEN DAYS (BY MONDAY THE 7TH)
-YOU HAVE TO LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU'RE SCHEDULED FOR AND SAY "HI SPOO :)" EVERY TIME I ENTER THE BATTLE

tagging all participants BasedWhat? pannuracotta amongusmerch27

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)