SS CAP Analysis Discussion

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I'd like to ask if we'd be willing to do a few write-ups for past-gens CAP, especially those that have significance in their respective metagames. Equilibra currently sits as a top 2 CAP in SM with just a set that doesn't explain its EVs in the slightest. Similarly, ORAS Kerfluffle and Mega Crucibelle don't have anything written for them. Most of the SS metagame has already been covered but I'd like our resources for past generations to (eventually) meet a similar fate.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to ask if we'd be willing to do a few write-ups for past-gens CAP, especially those that have significance in their respective metagames. Equilibra currently sits as a top 2 CAP in SM with just a set that doesn't explain its EVs in the slightest. Similarly, ORAS Kerfluffle and Mega Crucibelle don't have anything written for them. Most of the SS metagame has already been covered but I'd like our resources for past generations to (eventually) meet a similar fate.
I'd like to absolutely second this. Crucibelle is up and away the best mon in the ORAS metagame, yet it has no analysis. Similarly, I think some of the past gens analyses, such as ORAS Tomohawk and SM Jumbao, could use some updating. For example, Tomohawk has no Intimidate set in ORAS, and Jumbao has no set with Fairium Z.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I’m not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, and I know that this doesn’t relate to lasen’s inquiury abt past gen cap analyses (sorry) but I wanted to ask if I could write one on blacephalon. Reason im asking is because of its increasing prevalence and usage in the cap metagame, and what I would argue is its pretty solid niche over pult. I know im new to this, so im open to whatever guidance the analysis team has to give me.
Not on the QC team, but I bug them enough (and other teams!) that I think I can give my two cents. While nothing new is up for grabs at the moment, you'd be correct that this might be the best thread to inquire about non-CAP Pokemon analysis pertaining to the CAP metagame. Once this wave of Pokemon is done and dusted, or when CAPPL is over, we'll get a slightly more stable metagame and new Pokemon will be up for grabs. Whether Blacephalon will be available to grab is up to the team itself and you not getting ninja'd by someone grabbing it before you; if I were you, I'd start writing a thread in sandbox using the analysis format found here to have ready when the time comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)