Tournament Spotlight Trios I (Won by The Other Guys!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UT

The sand hurts my feelings
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Okay, there has apparently been some confusion on the replay policy. Replays are required, and must be posted within 24 hours of being played. Since a few teams did not realize this second part, I’m giving a 24 hour amnesty; any replays posted in the next 24 hours, even if they are more than 24 hours old, will be accepted. After that, the 24 rule will be in effect and games will need to be replayed.

Also, it would be nice if you included who you played in your win posts, some of y’all use not-very-obvious alts.

Tagging the sign up person from each team so everyone is aware, please make sure your teammates know too.

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay, there has apparently been some confusion on the replay policy. Replays are required, and must be posted within 24 hours of being played. Since a few teams did not realize this second part, I’m giving a 24 hour amnesty; any replays posted in the next 24 hours, even if they are more than 24 hours old, will be accepted. After that, the 24 rule will be in effect and games will need to be replayed.
Why is that a rule? It just penalizes players who don't john and play early, while forcing people to post multiple times when they could just post all their replays simultaneously after they played their 5 games.
Anyway, won versus Dragonillis: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8inheritance-1608644360-02x9pea91v8hf402q598q6p1zq8z9khpw

Edit: Won versus Magikarp: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8inheritance-1618404490

Last edited:

UT

The sand hurts my feelings
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Why is that a rule? It just penalizes players who don't john and play early
Several reasons:
1) This was a rule as well in World Cup, which also used Pools.
2) It allows us to have accurate standings.
3) I will be subbing out players with no games played Monday, so I need who has played.
4) The “penalty” is very minor unless you plan on re-using teams.
5) Also, this is a for-fun tour to spotlight underplayed metagames, and hiding all the replays for the last weekend is lame and kinda defeats the purpose.
while forcing people to post multiple times
If the number of posts is an issue, you’re free to edit in the replays like Euphonos is doing here, as long as you edit them in in a timely manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)