Strategy & Metagame Spotlight: Kyogre-Primal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
adorable user Antemortem told me to post here :] i'd like to write a spotlight about Kyogre-Primal, obviously in the Ubers metagame. i was told to give an example of how i'd write, so i wrote up one section of it, which can be seen ˘. :]

~~~~~~~~~~
A History of Kyogre
Kyogre's always been a titan in Ubers. Its ridiculous 150 SpA and hard-hitting STABs, only compounded by the permanent weather it provided, has been the axis around which Ubers has revolved since its fateful release in Ruby/Sapphire. Its ability to run a variety of equally threatening sets. in tandem with its flawless coverage, has allowed it to be a central, dominating force in the meta, and it remains that to this day. With the release of the Choice Specs and Scarf in Gen 4 only accentuated its power, giving it the ability to hit even harder and faster. Since Gen 4, Kyogre's remained comfortably in the top 3 of the usage stats, peaking at an almost unheard of ~60% usage. However, in XY, a powerful threat rose to usurp it - Xerneas claimed its spot as the 'king of Ubers', and with it, the prevalence of heavily offensively inclined teams rose massively. Due to Kyogre's niche requiring the ability for it to get in safely and force switches, and the rise of HO (hyper offense) teams preventing it from doing such, Kyogre fell to a meek 7th usage slot. The OR/AS meta shift only furthered this drop, lowering Kyogre to a previously unheard of 12th place in the usage rankings. The behemoth of OR/AS, Primal Groudon, is that one schoolyard bully who took your lunch money, beat you up, and then got all of its circlejerk friends to laugh at you, and Soul Dew Lati@s only rubbed salt in the wound. However, make no mistake - teams unprepared for newfound power of Primal Kyogre stand to face a swift, painful obliteration.

~~~~~~~~~~

ty for reading, hope i'm considered :^]

Yeah, this seems fine. I can't recall if you have AW access yet, Krauersaut, but if you don't, you'll want to bother Bummer about it. Approved.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Access granted. Although, any particular reason why Primal Kyogre is featured before Primal Groudon? Seeing as Groudon is apparently the bigger threat of the two.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Access granted. Although, any particular reason why Primal Kyogre is featured before Primal Groudon? Seeing as Groudon is apparently the bigger threat of the two.
I'm more comfortable writing about Kyogre (I wrote the analysis for it as well) :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)