Sports Sports Discussion Thread

The Purpose of this topic is simply simple. It's sports in general. Whatever it be Basketball, Wrestling, Badminton, or anything at all, you can post it here! Just remember to follow the rules!

*gulp* :wo:

I know I'm late but how was FIFA Women's Cup for everyone?

Last edited:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
The Purpose of this topic is simply simple. It's sports in general. Whatever it be Basketball, Wrestling, Badminton, or anything at all, you can post it here! Just remember to follow the rules!

*gulp* :wo:

I know I'm late but how was FIFA Women's Cup for everyone?
I've been getting into following athletics for about a year or two now, and I can safely say my favorite part of any sport is seeing the members of a team motivate each other and work hard towards helping compensate for each other's weaknesses in an effort to be the best they can be. We see athletes on TV all the time, but unless you're specifically looking for it, most people aren't going to see behind the scenes where teammates can become almost like a second family for many of them.

I get that this thread (and by extension the Women's Cup) are in the past and that this thread hasn't gotten any attention really, but in an effort to make conversation I'll say that I enjoyed following the actual sport of football again. I played growing up for nine years, and while I was never really any good, I do have fond memories of specific moments.

I've been getting into following athletics for about a year or two now, and I can safely say my favorite part of any sport is seeing the members of a team motivate each other and work hard towards helping compensate for each other's weaknesses in an effort to be the best they can be. We see athletes on TV all the time, but unless you're specifically looking for it, most people aren't going to see behind the scenes where teammates can become almost like a second family for many of them.

I get that this thread (and by extension the Women's Cup) are in the past and that this thread hasn't gotten any attention really, but in an effort to make conversation I'll say that I enjoyed following the actual sport of football again. I played growing up for nine years, and while I was never really any good, I do have fond memories of specific moments.
Nice someone commented
I'm glad you enjoy football again

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/30/sport/lionel-messi-aitana-bonmati-ballon-dor-spt-intl/index.html

Lionel Messi got awarded a record-breaking 8th Ballon Dor as expected despite a less than stellar season with PSG thanks to his World Cup performance in Katar that culminated in winning the World Cup. I'm ngl, i would have kinda prefered to see Haaland or one of the other Man City top stars such as DeBruyne getting awarded, but Messi was always going to win. However, this is certainly his last Ballon Dor and the true end of the absurd dominating era of Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo and it's really hard to imagine to see another player dominating a football/soccer era the same way as these two guys or Pele in 1960s did. At least i don't see anybody from the current generation achieving this kind of domination.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/30/sport/lionel-messi-aitana-bonmati-ballon-dor-spt-intl/index.html

Lionel Messi got awarded a record-breaking 8th Ballon Dor as expected despite a less than stellar season with PSG thanks to his World Cup performance in Katar that culminated in winning the World Cup. I'm ngl, i would have kinda prefered to see Haaland or one of the other Man City top stars such as DeBruyne getting awarded, but Messi was always going to win. However, this is certainly his last Ballon Dor and the true end of the absurd dominating era of Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo and it's really hard to imagine to see another player dominating a football/soccer era the same way as these two guys or Pele in 1960s did. At least i don't see anybody from the current generation achieving this kind of domination.
Nice

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Less then stellar season at PSG is a bit harsh in 41 games he had 21 goals and 20 assists, that's pretty damn good to me.

Less then stellar season at PSG is a bit harsh in 41 games he had 21 goals and 20 assists, that's pretty damn good to me.
i never post here but this topic got me interested. i agree that numbers are indeed pretty good altho ligue 1 is a terrible league that has only one relevant club (psg market value is 1.07bn while second monaco has a squad worth 344m just for reference). haaland scored 52 in 53 games in all competitions, breaking a bunch of goalscoring records in the most competitive league and becoming topscorer in the champions league as well. the question is how much more can haaland do to win it? not to mention messi and psg missed their only relevant goal the champions league title yet again after some awful performances where messi was invisible and argentina got so many penalties on their way to the WC win that i would be ashamed if i were argentinian. in general the WC is valued way too highly, martinez as the best goalkeeper is such a ridiculous decision as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)