Announcement [SPOILERS] Scarlet & Violet RBY OU Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
With a lot more information released about Gen 9, use this thread to discuss the upcoming metagame for RBY Generation 9!

All data mined information collected thus far is presented in the thread here.

For a more visually pleasing and all in one source, refer to this doc. Just note that this information on here is not fully verified and is subject to change.

With all that being said, use this information for the basis of your discussion, stay civil, and have fun!

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
Wow. This thread was practically created for me to shill for my favourite mod, Kanto Expansion Pak (KEP)!

If you've ever wondered how things like the Galar birds or Rhyperior would impact the RBY meta, then this is the perfect mod for you! KEP adds every evolution and regional variant to the game, as well as a ton of scrapped mons.
It also adds the Dark, Steel, and Fairy types to the game, but the latter two types have the strengths/weaknesses from the 1997 Spaceworld GSC demo, which impacts their super effectiveness and resistances. Fairy is the same.

I believe that almost all the new S/V mons will have a niche in the mod (except the Tauroses. Sorry Tauros enjoyers.)

• Scream Tail has an incredible typing, and will be the fastest sleeper in the game assuming it gets Sing. I can see it being a great lead/clear.

• Annihilape is the only Ghost type in the game that will resist Ground, which is huge. This means it switches into Tauros exceptionally well, and almost always forces it out.

• Toadscruel has base 100 speed and acess to Spore. Enough said.

• Wugtrio will be the fastest Wrap user at a blistering 120 speed. Unfortunately, it sacrifices a lot in exchange for this niche. I can see it being good, but inconsistent.
If anyone's interested in the mod, check out the KEP thread posted above. Or, you can join the Discord server here! I'll always be down to play some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)