Metagame [SPOILERS] Scarlet & Violet OU Discussion [BAN LIST POST 626]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey cutiepies I'm making a POST. Dunno if any of these things have been discussed yet, I ain't read all these dang posts. So I'm coming in hot.
Lot's of talk about the new mons but the new heat gotta be Terastalizing. GOTTA BE. This shit more broken than my leg after I got hit by that truck. The games have never been designed around Pokemon potentially having three STABs and that really has not changed now. But even beyond that, the fact that so many Pokemon can choose a STAB to upgrade itself with is pretty nutty, because there are some STAB combos that are just ridiculous. This has really been the main source of interest I've had in the new gimmick, so I'm gonna post here some of the crazy STAB pairings that have been keeping me up at night.

And yeah, sure, there is the drawback of changing your defensive type, but for most of these I really don't think it matters too much. When you're main goal is offense, the defensive capabilities of your type are marginal compared to the threat of your STABS. I really think Terastalizing gonna have to be suspect test priority numero uno, so I'm interested to see just how much juice we can squeeze out of the box before it follows Dynamax's suit.

1668735773635.png
+
1668735883885.png

Pop Quiz: How many Fighting / Ghost Types we got? That's right: 1. Well, 2 now technically speaking but point is, Game Freak knows how busted up this type combination is. It deals atleast neutral damage to every possible type combination except one, Normal / Ghost. Second Pop Quiz: How many Normal / Ghost types we got? That's right: 0. Well, 1 now technically speaking but that's not until Home drops. Until then, enjoy your perfect neutral coverage. And when Home does release? You just need to pack a Dark-type move and things are getting real, real silly.

Some fun users:
Urshifu-S: Look, we all know this thing is gonna be booted to Ubers, but until then, it's a fantastic option to Terastalize into a Ghost-type. Fighting + Dark is already craaaaazy, but add Ghost onto it to snap Fairies neutrally and this thing becomes an even bigger threat. Becoming a mono-ghost type ain't terrible defensively either, as you're droppin a quad weakness and getting two immunities. You may be able to catch some Fighting-types that come in to revenge kill you off guard, too. Further, the Dark-Stab means that Zoroark-A aint gonna be a counter anymore. Super broke.

Iron Valiant: Fighting, Fairy and Ghost STAB on top of those stats? Yeeooowwwww text your mom this and tell her ain't nothing switching in on this Pokemon.

Hariyama: Digging this thing a lot; Fighting / Ghost with Knock Off is massive. Plus, being pure Ghost with Thick Fat is pretty neat defensively as well, and now that it gets Drain Punch this thing is gonna be a consistent sponge. Always had big love for Yama, glad to see it getting what it deserves from big daddy Game Freak.

Polteageist: The teapot's biggest problem last gen was its inability to hit Dark-types. It was so bad people were really running Metronome on the poor thing. No one deserves that life. Now it can totally stomp those Darks with a Fighting-type STAB coverage, making Shell Smash sets really really tough to handle.

Drifblim: You're gonna wish you were taken away by a Drifloon after seeing this nasty mf. Not only do you get the heatness of Fighting + Ghost, but you also get the heatness of Fighting + Flying! With Unburden and Flare Boost, there is plenty of ways to make this thing tear it up. It is a bit weak since it has to rely on Air Slash's and Terablast's low BP off its meeeeh Sp.A, but still... crazy! Becoming a Fighting-type helps take away a SR weakness, too. The Ghost-type Oricorio falls in a similar camp here.

Mismagius: 105 Sp.A and Speed aint bad, and it has Dark Pulse and Nasty Plot.

Also gotta shout out Dragapult of course, and pretty much every other Fighting-type available; Falinks, Lucario, Toxicroak, Breloom, Medicham, Annihilape, Passimian, The Duck.... so many other great options that are pumped up so hard by becoming Ghosts.

1668738420113.png
+
1668738051737.png

Pop quiz: How many Fairy / Ground types we got? That's right: NONE! That's because Game Freak knows this combo is more broken than my nose, jaw and orbital bones after I got hit by that truck. Every type that resists Fairy is weak to Ground, which means straight away you have pretty much complete neutral coverage. Only exception are for the Flying-types and Levitaters, but from my count it really is just Corviknight, Talonflame, Oricorio and Bronzong.. i.e: not a huge list.

Flutter Mane: Not much that I can say about this thing that hasn't already been said. Fantastic offensive stats and coverage, toss in an 80bp Ground-type move and this thing is really running havok. Defensively Ground isn't better than Fairy/Ghost imo but it's not a seriously terrible tradeoff since you pick up a Stealth Rock resistance. With the Ghost-type STAB you can hit all the aforementioned checks at least neutrally. Plus you get T-Bolt so ya RIP to the Corviknights.

Sandy Shocks: Beyond hyped for this monster. Corviknight? Never heard of her. Absolutely eviscerating every Flying-type with it's STAB T-bolt. Fairy Tera barely scratches the surface for this thing since Ground + Electric is already pretty dope, but for what it's worth I think it will a great choice. Ice will probably be more common to hit Grass- and Ground-types, but Fairy provides a great neutral choice that doesn't give you a SR weakness.

Garchomp: Garchomp was the #1 mon that's been on my mind since this mechanic was announced because the combinations are truly endless. SD + Tera Fairy + EQ is absolutely nasty, and while it's walled harder by Corviknight than Flutter Mane is, it's still packing pretty big heat. Pure Fairy ain't a bad defensive typing especially since you're ditching a quad weakness. I think Chomp will be a threat for the sheer versatility of it, at least in regards to what Tera type it might have.

Great Tusk: Not only is Fairy + Ground a great combo, but Fairy + Fighting is as well. Especially considering this behemoth gets Play Rough, so no need to worry about Terablast's relatively weak BP. Stone Edge helps with Flying-types and though you have to contend with Corviknight still, you are packing Knock Off & Rapid Spin so the utility is still there. I have no qualms about making this thing pure Fairy tbqh, Ground/Fighting is dope for sure but it's also packing 6 weaknesses so I'm not terribly torn up about losing it.

Iron Valiant: Just had to mention this stupid thing again. Ya its broke.

1668739949486.png
+
1668739975060.png

Boltbeam is iconic and the fact that any Electric or Ice type can now access it is wild. I think I prefer going from Ice to Electric rather than the other way around because it's better to shave off a SR weakness than to pick one up, but there are still some good candidates for it.

Iron Bundle: Iron Bundle's already got great STAB coverage with Water + Freeze Dry- but tack Electric onto there and you'll really be sending fools to the naughty list. Ice / Water is a pretty ass defensively typing so you're really not losing anything by swapping to Electric when you're also picking up STAB on a move that is slightly less powerful than Thunderbolt and gives you effectively perfect STAB coverage.

Frosmoth: Frosmoth's biggest issue has been it's horrid typing and offensive coverage. Now it can fix both with one change and become the Volcarona it was always meant to be. Ice Scale's doesn't require you to actually be Ice-type, so it can a pretty effective defensive choice as well. Giga Drain is further good coverage.

Abomasnow: Losing the SR weakness might be massive for it; being the only Snow Warning Pokemon right now, it might end up the backbone of Snow teams that want to take advantage of the new buffs, and not having to worry about losing 25% HP switching in is quite handy.

Killowattrel:
I mention this thing specifically since it already has a Stealth Rock weakness, so becoming an Ice-type isn't really a net negative for it.

1668740723355.png
+
1668738051737.png

It's probably cheating to start pairing shit with Ground-type because Ground STAB is just too dang good, but here we are. Like before, I think I'd prefer going from Flying to Ground in order to dump the SR weakness, but with how common Spikes is looking, picking up a Flying-typing might not be so bad.

Gyarados: Bait in the T-bolt and start rolling. Mega Gyarados already spammed the shit out of EQ so this ain't a huge change for it.

Salamence / Dragonite: Like Gyarados, both fantastic options to take up a Ground-type since they are already packing Earthquake.

Talonflame: Fire is just a really convenient STAB to have in combination with Flying + Ground for roasting Corviknight.

Oricorio: Pretty much all the Oricorio forms would love a Ground STAB, especially now that they got Quiver Dance. Flying + Ground + Electric is super dope, same with the Fire one.

-----

There are probably a lot more that I totally miss or didn't mention. I mostly focused on Pokemon that seemed to obviously benefit the most from Terastalizing, obviously shit like Roaring Moon and Chien-Po and Gholdengo are gonna be successful with *some* Tera type because the mechanic is so obviously very powerful, but it's fun to theorize nonetheless.

Before I go: a word on defensive terasatlizing that I see brought up so often: I do not think relying on terastalizaiton for defensive purposes solely is going to be a good idea. Defense is inherently a reactionary thing, which is really hard to prepare for adequately in the teambuilder. I also think the offensive potential of Terastalizing far out-performs the defensive, so wasting your Tera on a defensive measure seems like a big resource waste. Sure, I can make my Avalugg a Steel-type and have a fairly competent Steel wall. Or I can just use Corviknight. The opportunity cost is going to be way too great.

Further, I know this is probably saved for a later discussion but when discussing Terastalization and whether or not it should be banned or not, let's not lose sight of really would put it over the edge: the unpredictability. I mentioned here many threats, most of which are perfectly banworthy alone in my opinion. Now tack on the fact that you don't know what Pokemon your opponent will terastalize. And even if you can predict it with certain accuracy, it's going to be even harder to predict which type the pokemon will become. A Pokemon like Garchomp now represents 18+ unique threats. And while not every Tera type will be equally threatening... just trying to imagine a world where we have to build for a potential Fariy Chomp, Fire Chomp, Steel Chomp, Flying Chomp.... that's nauseating. And that's just one Pokemon. Look at all the crazy threats we have in this meta already; now multiply each one by 5 AT LEAST. I really don't think it's going to be sustainable. In a vacuum, maybe it's not so broken, but arguments like:

Terastal (Tera) is fine. Very fun, and certainly not "broken". Upon transforming, a Pokemon gains these effects:
  • The Pokemon's Type becomes its Tera Type. Pokemon with 2 Types become a Pokemon with 1 Type, that Type being its Tera Type. (Example: Charizard with Tera: Fire becomes a pure Fire-Type Pokemon, like Charmander. Charizard with Tera: Dragon becomes a pure Dragon-Type.)
  • The Pokemon keeps all STAB boosts from its original Type(s). This can allow a Pokemon with 2 Types to get STAB boost on 3 Types. (Example: A Charizard with Tera: Grass that has transformed into a pure Grass-Type now gets STAB on its Fire, Flying AND Grass moves.)
ONLY IF a Pokemon Terastals into 1 of its original Types, it gains this additional effect:
  • 33% (1.33x) damage boost to its moves of that Type only. This damage boost stacks with STAB's 50% (1.5x) damage boost, effectively making STAB boost the damage of your moves by 100% (2x). (Example: A Charizard with Tera: Fire gets a 33% damage boost to its Fire moves, in addition to STAB's 50% damage boost. Its Flying moves DO NOT get an additional 33% boost, as the Charizard in this example is not Tera: Flying.)
In my opinion, Terastal is fine. You either get a free Life Orb boost (33%) OR you can change your Pokemon into a completely new Type, which has all sorts of uses (and is the type of fun stuff previously exclusive to Other Metagames). Terastal's 33% boost DOES stack with damage-boosting hold items (effectively letting a Pokemon hold 2 Life Orbs lol), but I'm willing to play a Generation with this mechanic. Sounds fun. Also, Adaptability has been doing the exact same thing for years, and no one has been clamoring for the banning of Crawdaunt/Porygon-Z. Also, there is counterplay. The extreme 2x STAB boost is only for moves of 1 Type, so if you are staring down a Fire-Type that Tera'd into a Fire-Type, maybe go into something that resists (or is immune to) Fire attacks lol.

Anyway, there is a new move called "Tera Blast". To me, this is the only thing that actually needs to be banned. It's Hidden Power...with effectively 120 BP after STAB (lol), and every Pokemon can learn it. Regieleki and Spectrier are the go-to examples of Pokemon who should never have access to Hidden Power-like moves (lol), but in general, every Pokemon should not have access to a 120 BP attack of any Type they desire. You're basically playing Hackmons at that point. The original Hidden Power was only 70/60 BP for a reason.

Name: Tera Blast
Type: Normal
Category: Special
80 Power, 100% Accuracy
Description: If the user has Terastallized, it unleashes energy of its Tera Type. This move inflicts damage using the Attack or Sp. Atk stat—whichever is higher for the user. ("Don't worry, Butterfree would be able to OHKO Heatran with Tera Blast [Ground] even without the unnecessary Photon Geyser effect" ~zakurenai)

Leave Terastal alone lol
Don't do much for me. Because of the sheer amount of Dual / Triple STAB combos we now have access to, saying "just switch to a resist" is way easier said than done. What is the resist for Ice Tera Regieleki? Or Fairy Tera Dragapult? There might be some random niche mons here and there but again, with the mechanic available to every dang Pokemon on every dang team... it's a little bit of a nightmare imo! The only way I can see it staying is if we ban Terablast instead, but even then... I dunno.

Anyway, shieeet, thanks bye.

Attachments

not an excuse when you’re in the meta discussion thread lol

on another note, it got buried earlier so I’ll ask again. What are y’alls thoughts on offensive Skeledirge in UU/RU? Torch Song/Shadow Ball/Earth Power is some amazing coverage, especially when you get a free +1 every time you click your Fire STAB.
Torch song/wow/hex/slack off gonna be annoying to fight. Probably gonna be ru with this stats (chandelure and alolawak were in ru last gen)

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My brother in Christ, I already said Tera Blast needs to be banned.
Or are you implying that Regieleki has some other Ice move? (it doesn't)
Reading is fundamental
Wow, thanks for the reply! Plenty of Pokemon as mentioned in my post don’t need terablast, which is why I think the mechanic is pretty busted even if we banned the move. Have a nice night!

My brother in Christ, I already said Tera Blast needs to be banned.
Or are you implying that Regieleki has some other Ice move? (it doesn't)
Reading is fundamental
Did you miss the opening paragraph where they said they didn't read the thread? Here you go:
Dunno if any of these things have been discussed yet, I ain't read all these dang posts. So I'm coming in hot.
"Reading is fundamental"

The new mechanic is broken, giving mons free Adaptability or triple STAB is strong as offensive mons. Terrablast being 80 bp instead of weak 60 of hidden power is way to good when the move change to physical if the stat is higher.

I think is gonna get ban like dinamax was because has no counterplay and is good only in the offensive side. The option of defensive dynamx is not a option.

Probably Terra Blast go first but both things need to go.

chimp

Go Bananas
Did you miss the opening paragraph where they said they didn't read the thread? Here you go:

"Reading is fundamental"
Naw I did call him out specifically. For real no memes aside I do think banning just Terablast is a compelling enough idea and I shouldn’t have used Regieleki and Fairy Chomp as examples in my response there. I do think Terastalizing is still too much even without Terablast, though I would like to dig into the idea more just to see what Pokemon would be good without Terablast, but I’m sure the list is quite large given Pokemon like Dnite and Mence and Chomp etc. etc. that have a very wide pool of coverage moves. All of that plus the Adapability-lite still offers way too many threats to reliably deal with in the builder, and I just think it’ll make matches way too prediction and match-up reliant.

why are you guys fighting over a game that doesn't even have a ladder yet.

Main question: when is the ladder expected to hit? I assumed in 2 ish weeks, but I don't remember how long the swsh one took

I have finally decided on my starter and decided on Meowscarada! Which teammates do you guys think would fit well with him competitively? Plan on having a full 6 team so the other 5 member would be a great help!

Having so much fun with chilly reception slowking plus iron bundle spamming blizzard/freeze dry/u turn with its speed able to 1-up the other Ubers

looks like Tera or half of the Ubers in OU must be banned, maybe both need banning …

been playing the meta since the ladder came out and a couple thoughts.

Chien Pao: prob the most broken thing in the meta imo. it's weavile on roids, crazy ability plus fighting coverage and insane speed means it doesn't care about not having Knock or Triple Axel. Currently running Pawmot to revenge kill with Mach Punch but absolutely nothing switches in. Quaquaval is probably the best answer in the tier rn but it gets worn down quite easily.

Flutter Mane: this probably the next most broken thing. I've been using Scarf Tera Fairy on this and it's busted. Means it can resist Sucker from Kingambit and Chien Pao and just destroy them with moonblast. Has Thunder for Corv and Shadow Ball for other steels. Broken.

Iron Bundle: I've been having a lot of fun with this, just not broken rn in a tier of much more broken stuff. Freeze-Dry + Hydro Pump is perfectly neutral coverage rn and it's close to as strong as Kyurem. Unfortunately the rocks weakness really, really hurts, but otherwise it's pretty good, esp with Tera Water.

Iron Valiant: Also insane. Can use Booster Energy for a speed boost, set up with SD, and you know destroy everything. Shadow Sneak can kill scarf Flutter Mane, and pretty much nothing can revenge kill you.

Terastalizing is extremely fun. It's chaotic and probably uncompetitive / unreasonable to prepare for due to the strain it puts on the builder, but it's so so fun. Games are decided by when you terastalize; I wasn't around for the beginning of SwSh but it feels like how Dynamax does in randoms.

Ditto looks almost mandatory given how offensive everything is. Saved my butt a bunch of times.

Palafin looks totally fine. A good pokemon, especially with Jet Punch, but the Zero form is so ridiculously weak that you're basically giving the opponent a free turn even if you Flip Turn out.

Pawmot is really good without revival blessing. Electric / Fighting stab w Mach Punch and Iron Fist is very strong. Its speed tier is bad for the current meta but that's just because everything else is so broken lol, once that stuff gets banned it's going to be fantastic even if its signature move ends up being banned.

I think Chien Pao and Flutter Mane should probably be quickbanned. I haven't played any games with or against Roaring Moon yet but that looks broken too. Iron Valiant is also probably too much. Aside from those guys, nothing stands out as being extremely broken (yet) although Revival Blessing is currently bugged so that might end up being busted too.

You can fiddle with the IVs to make Photosynthesis boost the stat you want. I have 23 attack on Roaring Moon so it boosts speed.

Is it viable? Probably not because that's a lot of attack it's missing out but people did that with Beast Boost iirc so it could be viable some like 2 Pokemon.

Also I think the Ghost Primeape evo might be decent

Last edited:
Ok, here is the final part of the Tera type list with all the brand new Pokemon. Also excuse the format change since we don't have bb codes of the new Pokemon and it's easier to see each stat.

Meowscarada-0 - 76/110/70/81/70/123 (Total: 530) - Grass/Dark - Overgrow/Overgrow/Protean
Tera: Grass, Fairy, Dark, Steel
Honestly with the Protean nerf can't see how good Meowscarada could be and it can't use Terastallizing that well despite the potential to fix its weaknesses. Well with the Protean nerf it can still use Tera technically. It can use it's limited attacking options.

Skeledirge-0 - 104/75/100/110/75/66 (Total: 530) - Fire/Ghost - Blaze/Blaze/Unaware
Tera: Grass, Dark, Steel, Fairy, Water, Ground
Skeledirge has an extremely unique case for a starter. I don't know where it will land but it'll be great in any tier because of Unaware and especially with Tera. It's basically Fire Quagsire with better stats and can be threatening offensively. More I look at it, the better it gets honestly. It has Will-o-wisp to cripple physical attackers, Slack off, Encore, Hex with Will-o-wisp, Earthpower to punish Fire types, and of course Torch Song. In conjunction with Unaware, it makes Skeledirge an excellent answer to Calm Mind or Bulk Up sets. It's typing allows it to beat threats like Volcarona and its Paradox cousins, Iron Valiant, Maushold, Scovillian, Sneasler, Lilligant-H, Gapdos, ect. Anyways, it can further that defensive utility by Terastallizing into all sorts of typings depending on what becomes top tier. Like for instance it can become Fairy to counter Roaring Moon. Honestly see a lot of potential, but that might be a little bias because Skeledirge is definitely the coolest one.

Quaquaval-0 - 85/120/80/85/75/85 (Total: 530) - Water/Fighting - Torrent/Torrent/Moxie
Tera: Flying, Water, Fighting
Quaquaval is basically Urshifu-R but a lot more underwhelming. Worse stats, worse moves, worse abilities, and worse Tera options. It doesn't gets an electric move besides Tera Blast to abuse that. It has Brave Bird/Acrobatics, Fling, Mega Kick (lol), Ice Spin, and U-turn for physical coverage. Yeah sure Wave Crash/Close Combat/Brave Bird STAB will hit hard and all, and has Aqua Step which is great, but it sucks everywhere else.

Oinkologne-0 - 110/100/75/59/80/65 (Total: 489) - Normal/Normal - Lingering Aroma/Gluttony/Thick Fat
Oinkologne-1 - 115/90/70/59/90/65 (Total: 489) - Normal/Normal - Aroma Veil/Gluttony/Thick Fat
Tera: Generic
Normal type.

Dudunsparce-0 - 125/100/80/85/75/55 (Total: 520) - Normal/Normal - Serene Grace/Run Away/Rattled
Dudunsparce-1 - 125/100/80/85/75/55 (Total: 520) - Normal/Normal - Serene Grace/Run Away/Rattled
Tera: Generic
Normal type.

Spidops-0 - 60/79/92/52/86/35 (Total: 404) - Bug/Bug - Insomnia/Insomnia/Stakeout
Tera: Bug, Steel, Water
Ok, so this thing is like better Krickitune, which is more of an insult than a compliment. One thing that it does have is that it has access to Sticky Web, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes. It also does have Stakeout. Yeah, it's still an absolute shitmon but it has something at least.

Lokix-0 - 71/102/78/52/55/92 (Total: 450) - Bug/Dark - Swarm/Swarm/Tinted Lens
Tera: Fighting
Lokix is pretty interesting. Being the first Bug/Dark Pokemon does give it some points for uniqueness and it does have a nice STAB combo with Tera Fighting thanks to Tinted Lens, which additionally makes it resist Stealth Rock, but other than that it's not that exciting. It has terrible stats and die by something looking at it.

Rabsca-0 - 75/50/85/115/100/45 (Total: 470) - Bug/Psychic - Synchronize/Synchronize/Telepathy
Tera: Steel
Ok, so this little bugger along with Pawmot is going to absolutely dominate OU thanks to one move. Revival Blessing. Between the 2, it's hard to say which one will be better. Rabsca does have cool moves like Memento which works perfectly with Revival Blessing. It'll be Steel because it really wants to survive as long as possible and does so with Steel resistances

Houndstone-0 - 72/101/100/50/97/68 (Total: 488) - Ghost/Ghost - Sand Rush/Sand Rush/Fluffy
Tera: Fighting, Dark, Fairy, Ghost
You know, I was gonna say gonna say that you can Tera to give this thing moves it just shouldn't be able to learn, then I saw that it learns Body Press and has 1 less def than it does Atk. What the absolute fuck where they thinking? It can technically use Tera Blast but now it doesn't need to. So while this thing is somehow still OU, give it Fighting, Dark, or Fairy, all of which have STABs of their own and resist Sucker Punch, or double down on Last Respects power with Ghost. Us Ghostchads keep on winning.

Espathra-0 - 95/60/60/101/60/105 (Total: 481) - Psychic/Psychic - Opportunist/Frisk/Speed Boost
Tera: Fairy, Fighting
At first glance this, this Pokemon looks like another trade mark generic Psychic type. I mean for the most part it is, but it has 2 cool tool. Speed Boost and Lumina Crash (and Opportunist is somewhat cool but gimmicky). Lumina Crash is like Psychic and weaker version Seed Flare but guaranteed, which is pretty busted as hell. it has respectable 101 SpA and can Terastallize into a Fairy or Fighting type to avoid some priority and to give itself STAB capable of hitting Dark types.

Farigiraf-0 - 120/90/70/110/70/60 (Total: 520) - Normal/Psychic - Cud Chew/Armor Tail/Sap Sipper
Tera: Ground, Water
Having Sap Sipper, Farigiraf does get to nice defensive utility and that is about it. There isn't much else it can do that would be interesting.

Wugtrio-0 - 35/100/50/50/70/120 (Total: 425) - Water/Water - Gooey/Rattled/Sand Veil
Tera: Just don't
Honestly just don't use this thing. I can't see a single use for this thing.

Dondozo-0 - 150/100/115/65/65/35 (Total: 530) - Water/Water - Unaware/Oblivious/Water Veil
Tera: Grass, Steel, Fairy, Poison
Dondozo looked like it would be the great wall of OU this gen, and while it does have excellent bulk, it's only recovery move is Rest. Unaware with bulk like this definitely will see use, but it is a bit of a toss up. Being that it has such large bulk, it does have a bunch of Tera options depending on what your team needs.

Veluza-0 - 90/102/73/78/65/70 (Total: 478) - Water/Psychic - Mold Breaker/Mold Breaker/Sharpness
Tera: Dark, Psychic, Water
Veluza if it had more Speed could have been a great for Screens HO with Fillet Away. Fillet Away is basically a worse version of Shell Smash, but instead or reducing Def/SpD by 1, you halve your own HP. Well at least it has new Sharpness ability, giving its moves a lot or strength of 102 Atk, even if they have to be low BP. Anyways, the better cutter moves are Aqua Cutter, Psycho Cut, and Night Slash. Dark is preferred to avoid Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak as usual.

Palafin-0 - 100/70/72/53/62/100 (Total: 457) - Water/Water - Zero to Hero/Zero to Hero/Zero to Hero
Palafin-1 - 100/160/97/106/87/100 (Total: 650) - Water/Water - Zero to Hero/Zero to Hero/Zero to Hero
Tera: Fighting, Flying, Ice, Water
This absolute chad is just Ubers instantly. I don't think that anyone questions this thing's OU status. They literally made Superman into a Pokemon and it shows with a statline like that. Makes Urshifu look like an RU Pokemon. You can make it either hit harder on Water STAB or give it other STABs with Close Combat, Acrobatics, or Ice Punch (which in Ubers is actually pretty useful).

Arboliva-0 - 78/69/90/125/109/39 (Total: 510) - Grass/Normal - Seed Sower/Seed Sower/Harvest
Tera: Steel, Poison, Electric, Grass
So this is like the Sandaconda of Grassy Terrain, but instead of being strictly outclassed by a Hippo, it's really the only defensive Grassy Terrain setter in the game (or until Bulu comes back and can technically use Defensive set). This thing actually gets Synthesis, which is nice. Since it sets up Grassy Terrain and is mostly defensive, it can use Steel/Poison/Electric as Tera types. You could also use Grass to have Terrain+Super STAB, but that sounds pretty bad.

Scovillain-0 - 65/108/65/108/65/75 (Total: 486) - Grass/Fire - Chlorophyll/Insomnia/Moody
Tera: Grass, Fire, Dragon, Fairy
Every Hero needs a good villain, and as far as Villains go, Scovillain is a really good one. While some might dismiss this Pokemon as a Slow, Frail, Mixed Attacker, Scovillain is probably the best Chlorophyll abuser in the game and it's no contest (until Venusaur shows up and might give it competition). Being the first Grass/Fire type with Chlorophyll, it is an Elite sun abuser. Capable of doing the one thing every other Chlorophyll user was unable to do. Actually have Fire STAB without a gimmick. Like how Swift Swims for almost 2 decades could abuse the Rain, getting STAB+Rain boost, this thing actually makes up for 2 decades of neglect. One problem however, is the Dragon types. As good as it is, this Scovillian can't tough Dragons with is STABs normally. So unless you are good checking Dragons, I'd suggest throwing Dragon or Fairy with Tera Blast on this thing.

Bellibolt-0 - 109/64/91/103/83/45 (Total: 495) - Electric/Electric - Electromorphosis/Static/Damp
Tera: Electric, Grass, Steel, Fairy, Water
So based on this thing’s ability and bulk, it looks surprisingly good. Not OU standards good, but enough to where it can be pretty threatening with its Electric moves. I still can’t find how much Electromorphosis boosts your Electric STAB, but I do know that Bellibolt is actually pretty bulky. Give it something that’ll allow Bellibolt to tank more hits, also avoid indirect damage too, and Bellibolt can consistently fire off (what I assume will be) powerful Electric STAB. It can also deal with Ground types with Grass or Water too.

Revavroom-0 - 80/119/90/54/67/90 (Total: 500) - Steel/Poison - Overcoat/Overcoat/Filter
Tera: Flying, Water, Poison
Revavroom is the first Poison/Steel type, and despite that x4 weakness to Ground, it is pretty good type defensively. It can also use Poison for super strong Gunk Shots I guess.

Orthworm-0 - 70/85/145/60/55/65 (Total: 480) - Steel/Steel - Earth Eater/Earth Eater/Sand Veil
Tera: Poison
Orthworm looks like a generic ass Steel type until you see its ability and the last level up move it learns. To say, yeah Orthworm is gonna be pretty good despite the Onix tier stats. In fact it benefits from those stats as an alternative to Cyclizar as being slower means you keep full HP subs. Also Earth Eater compliments its typing very well and it better than Levitate. Not only healing you, but also makes you immune to Thousand Arrows and Gravity/Smack Down+Earthquake. Poison is a great option for it since it means you now resist Fighting and only have a Psychic weakness.

Maushold-0 - 74/75/70/65/75/111 (Total: 470) - Normal/Normal - Friend Guard/Cheek Pouch/Technician
Maushold-1 - 74/75/70/65/75/111 (Total: 470) - Normal/Normal - Friend Guard/Cheek Pouch/Technician
Tera: Dark, Normal
Honestly can't say how viable Maushold will be. It's very volatile with its viability. It looks like something PU wouldn't even tough until you see its signature moves in Tidy Up and Population Bomb. With Technician, this thing has a basically a 300 BP multihit move and a move that removes Hazards while making you threatening to Offense. It could be absolute dogshit that no one will actually use, or it could be the bane of offense. +1 111 speed while killing almost everything on offense and then remove its hazards too it pretty scary for offensive teams to face.

Cetitan-0 - 170/113/65/45/55/73 (Total: 521) - Ice/Ice - Thick Fat/Slush Rush/Sheer Force
Tera: See Beartic
Being very similar to Beartic it trades in offensive power for a bit more speed, which is a good thing, but honestly prefer Beartic due to that power difference and also lacking Sword Dance. I doubt you'll be able to set up Belly Drum in Snow against more competent opponents, unless someone finds a really good set up.

Baxcalibur-0 - 115/145/92/75/86/87 (Total: 600) - Dragon/Ice - Thermal Exchange/Thermal Exchange/Ice Body
Tera: Dragon, Ground, Water, Fighting
Baxcalibur really benefits this gen for having Terastallizing as it means it can shed off it's Ice weaknesses. Additionally it has a pretty interesting ability in Thermal Exchange where it gets stronger when being hit by Fire moves. It can use Tera to take advantage of this by becoming a Fire resistant type like Dragon (boosting its Glaive Rush further) and Water (it does have some good Water moves). And unlike Kyurem-B, this thing has Earthquake and some Fighting moves. Don't let Kyurem-B comparison hype you up. This thing is basically Tyranitar but Ice and no Snow Warning.

Tatsugiri-0 - 68/50/60/120/95/82 (Total: 475) - Dragon/Water - Commander/Commander/Storm Drain
Tatsugiri-1 - 68/50/60/120/95/82 (Total: 475) - Dragon/Water - Commander/Commander/Storm Drain
Tatsugiri-2 - 68/50/60/120/95/82 (Total: 475) - Dragon/Water - Commander/Commander/Storm Drain
Tera: See Palkia
See Palkia

Cyclizar-0 - 70/95/65/85/65/121 (Total: 501) - Dragon/Normal - Shed Skin/Shed Skin/Regenerator
Tera: Steel, Poison
Cyclizar is going to be an absolute Elite Pokemon in this Gen, so long as Shed Tail or itself isn't banned. Shed Tail is such an amazing ability that all this thing could run is Shed Tail and it would still be top tier. Obviously you want to optimize by giving it more than just 1 move, and likewise you want to most optimal Tera type, which is honestly very simple. Steel, which resists Dragon, Fairy, Ice, and Stealth Rock, among a bunch of stuff, but is weak to Fighting. Or Poison which is neutral to Ice and Dragon, while resisting Fighting and Fairy.
And honestly, what were they thing giving this thing Regenerator with Shed Tail?

Pawmot-0 - 70/115/70/70/60/105 (Total: 490) - Electric/Fighting - Volt Absorb/Natural Cure/Iron Fist
Tera: Steel, Fairy, Water
Another really Elite Pokemon due to 1 extremely broken move. Revival blessing being only on one other Pokemon does mean Pawmot has to do something unique to stand out, and it being faster than Rascab while learning Thunder Wave is actually a pretty big deal. Additionally learning Wish as well. You do typical defensive teras for Pawmot, but you can also make it Water so that it works well with Volt Absorb.

Kilowattrel-0 - 70/70/60/105/60/125 (Total: 490) - Electric/Flying - Wind Power/Volt Absorb/Competitive
Tera: Water, Flying
Kilowattrel is nothing remarkable, but can utilize Volt Absorb in the lower tiers.

Bombirdier-0 - 70/103/85/60/85/82 (Total: 485) - Flying/Dark - Big Pecks/Keen Eye/Rocky Payload
Tera: Steel, Rock, Dark
Bombirdier is definitely not the Advance Wars bomber I can tell you that much. While is has a good typing, it has very underwhelming stats.

Squawkabilly-0 - 82/96/51/45/51/92 (Total: 417) - Normal/Flying - Intimidate/Hustle/Guts
Squawkabilly-1 - 82/96/51/45/51/92 (Total: 417) - Normal/Flying - Intimidate/Hustle/Guts
Squawkabilly-2 - 82/96/51/45/51/92 (Total: 417) - Normal/Flying - Intimidate/Hustle/Sheer Force
Squawkabilly-3 - 82/96/51/45/51/92 (Total: 417) - Normal/Flying - Intimidate/Hustle/Sheer Force
Literally just Reversal is all it can do.

Flamigo-0 - 82/115/74/75/64/90 (Total: 500) - Flying/Fighting - Scrappy/Tangled Feet/Costar
Tera: See Hawlucha
Hawlucha but worse

Klawf-0 - 70/100/115/35/55/75 (Total: 450) - Rock/Rock - Anger Shell/Shell Armor/Regenerator
Tera: Grass, Ghost, Steel, Fairy
You know I was gonna look at Klawf as a something using Anger Shell, but seeing that it has Regenerator, it can definitely use that in the lower tiers.

Garganacl-0 - 100/100/130/45/90/35 (Total: 500) - Rock/Rock - Purifying Salt/Sturdy/Clear Body
Tera: Ghost, Fire, Steel, Poison
Boys, here is your Flutter Mane counter. Ok, aside from countering a Pokemon that will be Ubers early on, Garganacl benefits from Purifying Salt as it effectively makes Mono Ghost have 1 weakness. 100/130/90 bulk is actually pretty good too. On top of being completely immune to Status as well. Its kind of like Clefable, but with the hazard thing.

Glimmora-0 - 83/55/90/130/81/86 (Total: 525) - Rock/Poison - Toxic Debris/Toxic Debris/Corrosion
Tera: Steel, Grass, Water, Dark, Fairy
Glimmora has a great ability in Toxic Debris, which gives you free Toxic Spikes. It is great at doing this since it also resists U-turn and punished it hard. Take a tanky tera type that may also compliment Poison/Rock

Grafaiai-0 - 63/95/65/80/72/110 (Total: 485) - Poison/Normal - Unburden/Poison Touch/Prankster
Tera: Dark
Honestly can't say much about Grafaiai besides the fact that it's pretty bad and is generally bad.

Dachsbun-0 - 57/80/115/50/80/95 (Total: 477) - Fairy/Fairy - Well-Baked Body/Well-Baked Body/Aroma Veil
Tera: Grass, Steel
Dachsbun doesn't have much for OU, but it is neat that it has a Fire immunity, so can abuse Tera in lower tiers.

Mabosstiff-0 - 80/120/90/60/70/85 (Total: 505) - Dark/Dark - Intimidate/Guard Dog/Stakeout
Tera: Dark, Fairy
So they gave this thing Stakeout with 85 Speed and 120 Atk. That is terrifying. All three of its abilities are good, but damn is Stakeout that good.

Brambleghast-0 - 55/115/70/80/70/90 (Total: 480) - Grass/Ghost - Wind Rider/Wind Rider/Infiltrator
Tera: Grass
Brambleghast looks decent. Wind Rider is a pretty unique immunity ability, being immune to the new Wind Category, which is filled with Flying type moves with things like Blizzard and Heat Wave (I think. I honestly don't remember). Kind of forgettable.

Gholdengo-0 - 87/60/95/133/91/84 (Total: 550) - Steel/Ghost - Good as Gold/Good as Gold/Good as Gold
It doesn't have Melmetal's stats, but it does have an insane ability in Good as Gold, and has Make it Rain as well. Steel Make it Rain can absolutely devastate non resists. It's good defensive typing, but you can compliment its typings as well if you want.

Great Tusk-0 - 115/131/131/53/53/87 (Total: 570) - Ground/Fighting - Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis
Tera: Fire, Rock, Fighting, Ground
Finally here, reporting for you!
Great Tusk gets its name because of how great it looks. Ground/Fighting is a long awaited typing and Great Tusk has some great use for it and Tera. With its massive Attack stat that is boosted by the Sun, it could use some Fire coverage, and can get some with Fire Tera. Alternatively you can give it Rock to have excellent coverage. Fighting and Ground are great as well to abuse its great STAB combination.

Brute Bonnet-0 - 111/127/99/79/99/55 (Total: 570) - Grass/Dark - Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis
Tera: See Zarude
This thing will likely use a lot of Teras Zaruda uses, but it will still play very differently. And thankfully for everyone else, this thing's speed can't be the fastest stat, or else we'll be seeing Protosythesis Spores.

Sandy Shocks-0 - 85/81/97/121/85/101 (Total: 570) - Electric/Ground - Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis
Tera: Grass, Electric, Ground, Fire
Sandy Shocks is a pretty unique in that it is a Sun abuser with Electric and Ground STABs. It's a pretty unique offensive typing and will definitely be great on Sun teams. Specially since it can boost Speed with 208 SpA and Max Speed. Grass compliments Ground/Electric the most both defensively and offensively. Ground and Electric make it hit even hard on its STABs. And being a Sun abuser, it can use Fire with Electric and Ground for amazing coverage.

Scream Tail-0 - 115/65/99/65/115/111 (Total: 570) - Fairy/Psychic - Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis
So looking at Screem Tail, it does look like the worst of the bunch since its more of a Sun supporter. It's fast and bulky with plenty of support moves, but has pretty bad offenses, so Steel it is (which helps against Poison and Steel anyways)

Flutter Mane-0 - 55/55/55/135/135/135 (Total: 570) - Ghost/Fairy - Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis
Tera: Fire, Ghost, Fairy, Fighting
Flutter Mane is one of the best Paradox Pokemon and it's not hard to see why. It's kind of like Naganadel, but it Naganadel could abuse Sun, had better STABs, and had better Special Bulk, but did have to use Calm Mind.

Slither Wing-0 - 85/135/79/85/105/81 (Total: 570) - Bug/Fighting - Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis
Tera: Fire, Rock, Flying
Slither Wing is like is Larvesta got a regular evolution. Sadly you can't have Proto boosts its speed without heavily losing a bunch of Atk, but it still looks great. It has a lot of good options as well. It can even use Booster Energy and Acrobatics too if it wanted.

Roaring Moon-0 - 105/139/71/55/101/119 (Total: 590) - Dragon/Dark - Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis/Protosynthesis
Tera: Steel, Dark
Roaring Moon is an absolute monster. It speaks for itself as I have no words. Steel and Dark are the ideal Teras. Steel lets Roaring Moon deal with Fairies and Dark lets it have astronomically strong Dark moves.

Iron Treads-0 - 90/112/120/72/70/106 (Total: 570) - Ground/Steel - Quark Drive/Quark Drive/Quark Drive
Tera: Water, Flying, Electric, Ground
So Iron Threads is basically Great Tusk but Walmart Brand. It looks ugly and only thing interesting about it is that it can choose between Speed and Atk for highest stat. Besides that, it doesn't do much outside of being slightly better Donphan. It can use Ground for Electric Terrain abuse.

Iron Moth-0 - 80/70/60/140/110/110 (Total: 570) - Fire/Poison - Quark Drive/Quark Drive/Quark Drive
Tera: Grass, Electric
Honestly you can go see Salazzel for an explanation for grass, but it does have Electric Terrain abuse, even if it is weak to Ground.

Iron Hands-0 - 154/140/108/50/68/50 (Total: 570) - Fighting/Electric - Quark Drive/Quark Drive/Quark Drive
Tera: Electric, Fighting, Ground
Iron Hands has really only 1 goal. Do a lot of damage and take a lot of damage. Wild Charge with Quark Drive boosted by Terrain and Electric Terrain has some insane damage output. Fighting is also good Super STAB option since Close Combat is much stronger than Wild Charge. Ground provides pretty good defensive typing and Earthquake STAB. I wouldn't recommend Ice since this thing is slow.

Iron Jugulis-0 - 94/80/86/122/80/108 (Total: 570) - Dark/Flying - Quark Drive/Quark Drive/Quark Drive
Tera: Honchrow/Bomber Bird
Iron Jugulis is for the most part a worse Hydreigon. No Nasty Plot, No Draco Meteor spam, and doesn't Terastallize as well as Hydreigon due to losing Leviate. It will still be good, but I prefer Hydreigon.

Iron Thorns-0 - 100/134/110/70/84/72 (Total: 570) - Rock/Electric - Quark Drive/Quark Drive/Quark Drive
Tera: Flying, Grass
What did they do to our boy Tyranitar? Sad to see Iron Thorns be just Tyranitar, but mostly worse. It has like Ice Punch and Grass Tera Blast for touching Ground types. It really seems pretty bad.

Iron Bundle-0 - 56/80/114/124/60/136 (Total: 570) - Ice/Water - Quark Drive/Quark Drive/Quark Drive
Tera: Ground, Water, Grass, Electric
You know, this is essentially Special Barraskewda, but stronger, bulkier, and also has the honor having STAB Water+Freeze Dry (which is actually perfect coverage). So as far as offense Tera goes, it's already all set since it already has great STABs and can actually focus on more defense. It can also use Electric for Electric Terrain, but you do need Tera Blast for that.

Iron Valiant-0 - 74/130/90/120/60/116 (Total: 590) - Fairy/Fighting - Quark Drive/Quark Drive/Quark Drive
Tera: Dark, Ghost, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Poison
So Iron Valiant is the counter part to Roaring Moon, and is more of a frail mixed attacker. Having basically the movepools of Gardevoir and Gallade, it has some deep pockets. However, I do think that Dark and Ghost are its best options outside of its own typing and Electric for Terrain. Beside beating is real nemesis, a singing Crocodile (really, Skeledirge is probably best counter to Iron Valiant outside of Fairy types), Dark and Ghost have worked very well with Fighting. Also it can use Poison Jab too for Fairies.

Ting-Lu-0 - 165/110/130/50/80/45 (Total: 580) - Dark/Ground - Vessel of Ruin/Vessel of Ruin/Vessel of Ruin
Tera: Steel, Fairy, Ghost, Poison, Grass, Water
Look at those stats. This thing isn't just new Landorus-T, but maybe even Lugia. If it had Recover that is. This thing's bulk is massive and helped by its ability that reduces SpA of the opponent by 25% (basically a x1.33 boost to Special Defense). It isn't a sitting duck either. It has Ruination, Mean Look, and a beefy 110 Atk.

Chien-Pao-0 - 80/130/80/90/65/135 (Total: 580) - Dark/Ice - Sword of Ruin/Sword of Ruin/Sword of Ruin
Tera: See Weavile
Ok, this thing is just Weavile but better. Weavile was already great before, but not you have Weavile with effectively Tough Claws, higher Atk, Bulkier, Faster, and Dual Priority. This thing will definitely be Ubers no doubt

Wo-Chien-0 - 85/90/100/100/135/70 (Total: 580) - Dark/Grass - Tablets of Ruin/Tablets of Ruin/Tablets of Ruin
Tera: See Zarude
Wo-Chien is the flip version of Ting-Lu, with an ability the effectively increases its Defense by 33%. It has far less HP, but despite being a slug is actually faster. This thing also has better recovery with Leech Seed (pretty sure it should have Synthesis but don't see it on Showdown). It is the worst of the 4, but it still is incredibly strong.

Chi-Yu-0 - 55/80/80/145/120/100 (Total: 580) - Dark/Fire - Beads of Ruin/Beads of Ruin/Beads of Ruin
Tera: Fire, Grass
Chi-Yu is the Fire Special Attacker with really absurd power behind its Fire attacks. Just imagine Chandelure, but with Adaptability for all its Special moves and is faster. Fire with Drought support is absolutely nuclear, but you can always give it reliable coverage as it does have a bad movepool.

Koraidon-0 - 100/135/115/85/100/135 (Total: 670) - Fighting/Dragon - Orichalcum Pulse/Orichalcum Pulse/Orichalcum Pulse
Tera: Not bothing
It's Ubers, but if you must know, you should use Fire

Miraidon-0 - 100/85/100/135/115/135 (Total: 670) - Electric/Dragon - Hadron Engine/Hadron Engine/Hadron Engine
Tera: also Ubers
Can use Electric or Grass.

Tinkaton-0 - 85/75/77/70/105/94 (Total: 506) - Fairy/Steel - Mold Breaker/Own Tempo/Pickpocket
Tera: Steel, also just see Magearna too.
I think that Tinkaton is pretty underrated with some good qualities, but isn't OU material (yet). Gigaton Hammer being boosted with Tera Steel does provide massive power. It does have things like Stealth Rock, Encore, and the rare Knock Off.

Armarouge-0 - 85/60/100/125/80/75 (Total: 525) - Fire/Psychic - Flash Fire/Flash Fire/Weak Armor
Tera: Grass, Fighting
Glade to see Armarouge like this. I really appreciate that the Fire Special Close Combat. I really hate Fire Blast and Overheat having low accuracy so I am excite for Armor Cannon. Sadly won't be OU, but I appreciate the accurate strong Fire move. For Teras, Grass is good because it compliments Fire well. Fighting compliments Psychic and Fire well

Ceruledge-0 - 75/125/80/60/100/85 (Total: 525) - Fire/Ghost - Flash Fire/Flash Fire/Weak Armor
Basically this thing is Physical Ghost Armarouge, but pretty disappointing. I was expecting it to be way faster. Thankfully the only thing it got screwed over with in its movepool was Ghost coverage. Being another Fire/Ghost type, best teras likewise compliment it, but can only really use Fighting

Toedscruel-0 - 80/70/65/80/120/100 (Total: 515) - Ground/Grass - Mycelium Might/Mycelium Might/Mycelium Might
Tera: Steel, Poison
Thank whoever at GameFreak made Mycelium Might. This shit would be annoying af if it didn't go last while using Spore. Well at least it bypasses Good as Gold, Magic Bounce, and other anti-Spore abilities. Would suggest using Steel for Ice resist, but Poison can be used to threaten Grass types too.

Kingambit-0 - 100/135/120/60/85/50 (Total: 550) - Dark/Steel - Defiant/Supreme Overlord/Pressure
Tera: See Bisharp
Literally evolution to Bisharp but now with 2 great abilities. Sad that Knock Off isn't on it any more.

Clodsire-0 - 130/75/60/45/100/20 (Total: 430) - Poison/Ground - Poison Point/Water Absorb/Unaware
Tera: Ground, Water, Steel, Poison, Dark
Unaware Pokemon with massive bulk and can use Water Absorb too if it wants.

Annihilape-0 - 110/115/80/50/90/90 (Total: 535) - Fighting/Ghost - Vital Spirit/Inner Focus/Defiant
Tera: Steel, Dark
Ok, so Annihilape is funnily in a similar scenario to Iron Bundle, where its STABs are fantastic already, so it can actually focus more on defense. Which is good since its signature move in Rage Fist gets stronger when Annihilape is hit and it stacks the entire game. Giving yourself a good defensive typing will make Rage Fist incredibly strong. So it with something like Steel it can more easily pivot around. Dark gives it a Psychic immunity while also resisting Ghost too.

Tauros-1 - 75/110/105/30/70/100 (Total: 490) - Fighting/Fighting - Intimidate/Anger Point/Cud Chew
Tauros-2 - 75/110/105/30/70/100 (Total: 490) - Fighting/Fire - Intimidate/Anger Point/Cud Chew
Tauros-3 - 75/110/105/30/70/100 (Total: 490) - Fighting/Water - Intimidate/Anger Point/Cud Chew
Tera: Ghost
Bro look at this disaster. This thing might straight up be worse than regular Tauros. It doesn't get Sheer Force, which is a real sin. I don't want to even analyze it since its so bad (and because it's getting very late and I have work in the morning).

Anyways, here is the list of the new Pokemon and what Teras would work best for them. I hope that this will be helpful for team building.

Also, that Power Point presentation joke, very fitting considering that SV is basically a power point. I was joking when I said Pokemon in 2063 will be a slide show of just Charizard and Pikachu with a title screen. What the fuck, GameFreak?

Iron Bundle: I've been having a lot of fun with this, just not broken rn in a tier of much more broken stuff. Freeze-Dry + Hydro Pump is perfectly neutral coverage rn and it's close to as strong as Kyurem. Unfortunately the rocks weakness really, really hurts, but otherwise it's pretty good, esp with Tera Water.
it’s really good with heavy duty boots due to its speed tier, and the defense boost in snow means that it is more durable than it appears.

would seriously recommend considering setting the Tera to ice, with chilly reception support, adaptability blizzard and freeze dry are ridiculous. Fire types hate the water coverage, and most steels right now don’t seem to be able to check it long term.

u turn keeps momentum anyway.

this thing is next in line after the other broken ones.

currently using booster flutter mane as a last resort check to revenge most things lol.

Been having fun with the recent protean abuser, meowscaranda has a small move pool compared to greninja and the football rabbit, but it makes up for it with knock off / sucker punch and flower trick spam can break through screens teams.

You can fiddle with the IVs to make Photosynthesis boost the stat you want. I have 23 attack on Roaring Moon so it boosts speed.

Is it viable? Probably not because that's a lot of attack it's missing out but people did that with Beast Boost iirc so it could be viable some like 2 Pokemon.

Also I think the Ghost Primeape evo might be decent
Actually you don’t have to mess with IVs on Roaring Moon.
220 Atk and Max Speed will have Protosynthesis increase Speed, letting you use 36 extra EVs in bulk somewhere (probably best used in Def for priority and it gives you the largest gain).

Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt

I've been spamming this set on every single team I use. Normal Tera Type lets you stay in on other ghosts, including opposing Flutter Mane that may have gotten a speed boost, and take them out with Shadow Ball. Pain Split is such a great way to chip down the few switch ins it has and gain enough HP to fire off more attacks. This thing is ridiculous.

Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

This is what Excadrill wishes it could be. The speed tier is so convenient and it beats most ghosts that want to spin block. I have it set to Tera Water in case it has to survive some of the powerful Water, Fire, and Ice moves that you're gonna run into a lot right now. I don't think building a team around a single mon meant to Tera is a great idea. Having your options open is a great way to just steal all momentum from your opponent. Going Tera on a defensive Pokemon just so it can have a different type is definitely a waste, but going Tera on an offensive mon so it can beat shit that it usually loses too is phenomenal.

I am waiting for more hot takes like this one.

Next thing you guys will be posting will be something like "ghost is a good offensive type" or "stealth rock is good"
Honestly man it would be appreciated if you could be a little less ass to people in this thread. I agree with the core messages of your posts but I don't agree with this tone

Can you guys with banning stuff until I get home from work? I would like to play some Palafin. Thank you

Somehow it did not occur to me to look for gen 9 discussion when the leaks dropped instead of waiting for the games to be officially released (at least in some time zones) so I apologize if these have been asked already:
- Why aren't the Hisuian forms available in gen 9 formats?
- Is Ursaluna as insanely busted as it looks to me?
- Is there any chance a sunny day Iron Moth/Slither Wing team will be decent? Volcarona's my favorite so the idea of using two forms with no overlapping types is extremely appealing.
- Am I crazy or did sun and electric teams just get some horrifyingly powerful options?
- As someone who's always been struggling to break into competitive properly, how on earth do I figure out what Tera types to use?

Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)