Tournaments SPL XIV SM Predictions ($25 Prize Available - Won by Mishimono and Goodbye & Thanks)

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
[WOL] Relous vs Empo [BIG]
[SHA] Gondra vs Hayburner [CRY]
[RAI] Skypenguin vs Cicada [SCO] - my bad for doubting you in previous rounds bro. you the real deal
[CLA] emforbes vs LittleBigPlanet2 [TYR]
[TIG] Ojama vs valuez [RUI]

[RAI] Skypenguin vs Cicada [SCO]
[TIG] Ojama vs valuez [RUI]

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
2/5 last wk
19/34 overall

[RAI] Skypenguin vs Cicada [SCO]
[TIG] Ojama
vs valuez [RUI]

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
Rubyblood Amaranth Ox the Fox Mishimono Nuni Spl4sh Siuan EVIL z0mOG umbry AndViet Clementine Leru gorgie 11pikabro Relous Ewin FriendOfMrGolem120 Finchinator Expulso

Hi everyone,

I wanted to notify all of you that CTC has been subbed in mid-week for the Ruiners over valuez. This means that CTC will now be playing against Ojama of the Tigers. If you're able to, can you please edit your prediction for the Tigers-Ruiners matchup prior to the game being played to reflect the substitution of CTC, even if you still wish to pick Ojama to win? This just would help make it a little clearer for me that people were aware of the substitution and that I can count all of the predictions fairly. If someone originally bolded Ojama and Ojama wins, I am going to assume that they still wished to pick Ojama and just didn't edit their post, so I would award a point for that. However, if someone selected valuez and CTC wins, I don't think that I can fairly award any points for that. Obviously, if a post is edited to predict CTC and he wins, that will earn a point.

Sorry if any of this is annoying; I'm just trying to run the predictions as well as I can and be transparent when necessary, especially since I will end up giving $25 to whoever ends up with the highest point total at the end of the season. I get that $25 isn't really consequential and none of this is very significant, but I still feel like having even a modest amount of money on the line means that I should do my best to run things properly.

EDIT: As Nuni pointed out to me, London Beats has also been substituted in for the Scooters, over Cicada. Please try to edit your posts as well to reflect that London Beats will now be facing Skypenguin of the Raiders. I'll do that same thing as I will for the Ojama-CTC matchup in that I will award a point for predictions of Skypenguin over Cicada if Skypenguin wins, but I won't award a point if someone bolded Cicada and London Beats wins.

Last edited:

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
Week 8 Results:

[SHA] Gondra
vs Hayburner [CRY]
[RAI] Skypenguin vs London Beats [SCO]
[TIG] Ojama vs CTC [RUI]

No one went 5/5 this week. A bunch of people went 4/5 and some would have gone 5/5 if they switched their pick from valuez to CTC, but I don't think that I can award a pick for bolding valuez when they didn't play, as I mentioned in my post from last Thursday.

Current Leaders:
28/39 - Mishimono and myself
27/39 - Amaranth, Ewin, Siuan, and Spl4sh
26/39 - Nuni

Please check the spreadsheet and let me know if I made any mistakes.

Week 9 Matchups:

[CRY] Lusa vs Ojama [TIG]
[TYR] LittleBigPlanet2 vs London Beats [SCO]
[CLA] emforbes vs Relous [WOL]
[RUI] CTC vs Skypenguin [RAI]
[BIG] Empo vs Gondra [SHA]

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
[BIG] Empo
vs Gondra [SHA]

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
Week 9 Results:

[CRY] Lusa
vs Ojama [TIG]
[TYR] LittleBigPlanet2 vs London Beats [SCO] - I don't think that this game was ever played
[BIG] Empo
vs Gondra [SHA]

This week is only out of four games, since I don't believe that LittleBigPlanet2 and London Beats ever played. Leru was the only person to go 4/4 this week.

Current Leaders:
31/43 - Mishimono and myself
30/43 - Amaranth
29/43 - Nuni and Siuan

Please check the spreadsheet and let me know if I made any mistakes.

Semifinals Matchups:

[RAI] Skypenguin vs CTC [RUI]
[CLA] emforbes vs Gondra [SHA

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)