Tournaments SPL XIV DPP Predictions

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Week 1 Predictions

DPP OU: Sakito vs zf
DPP OU: mael vs twash
DPP OU: Jirachee vs SFG
DPP OU: bruno vs oiponabys
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs Kristyl

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
[SCO] Sakito vs zf [RUI]
[TIG] mael vs twash [BIG]
[TYR] Jirachee vs SFG [WOL]
[SHA] bruno vs oiponabys [CLA]
[RAI] DeepBlueC vs Kristyl [CRY]

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
[SCO] Sakito vs zf [RUI]
[TIG] mael vs twash [BIG]
[TYR] Jirachee vs SFG [WOL]
[SHA] bruno vs oiponabys [CLA]
[RAI] DeepBlueC vs Kristyl [CRY]

Gl to the newcomers sfg and oipon both very deserved

re: kristyl dbc - lots of convo pre-season abt kristyl not building but to my knowledge she seemed most ahead of the meta at start of last season and seems likely to get there again (perhaps leaning on aug if support needed)

fading the boomers wk1

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
[WOL] SFG vs bruno [SHA]
[BIG] twash
vs DeepBlueC [RAI]
[RUI] zf vs Jirachee [TYR]
[CRY] Kristyl
vs Sakito [SCO]
[CLA] oiponabys vs mael [TIG]

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
5/5 wk1
5/5 overall

[WOL] SFG vs bruno [SHA] - sfg had a weird play in sacking the mamo tho perhaps it wasnt that important? and he did seem to pilot pretty fine tho idk how much of that was his opp's error. i played him in dpp cup and like him in general, but i know he also brought some mag thing last spl in his small sample and it makes me worry whether hes gonna get run over by some heat here. i wasnt impressed by bruno honestly but feel like itll be a good chance to bounce back
[BIG] twash vs DeepBlueC [RAI] - sort of an upset. i didnt really like dbcs team going of of a solely Vibes Based Analysis i feel like it looked kinda ugly and i dont need to justify myself at like 1am. it kinda doubles up on roles some w 2 steels+tar & pert+meta for rachi so maybe it sorts overcompensates for the big mons? but i think i might just be projecting too much onto my, again, mostly vibes based criticism. forre is cool from twash, i randomly thought abt it recently lol, and he deserved to win week 1 im p sure (lost a 75% endgame in end tho the game had big hax from both sides earlier). feel like dbc will load something v similar to last spl and be punished for it
[RUI] zf vs Jirachee [TYR] - i dont think zfs team was good (fastest mon jirachi) and i dont think jirachees play was good (wtf was the jirachi -> flygon turn), the former is easier to fix
[CRY] Kristyl vs Sakito [SCO] - kristyls team was cool af, the ape hit as fuck & double water did too. sakito is also pretty heat, scouting custap tar is probably not actually advanced but looked like such 4d chess to me lol. not that much to infer from gar ho tbf. kind of a proxy builder war between august and excal as well and ill go ahead and trust kristyl/aug who seem less recycle prone and, like she was last spl, more innovative and on top of the meta
[CLA] oiponabys vs mael [TIG] - oipon is a beast. thought the newcomers all did well but he easily looked like the best. mael is solid and prob good for 5-4/4-5 but i think oipon comes in w a lot of momentum and hits this out of the park

[WOL] SFG vs Bruno [SHA]
Really hard to tell because I think both of the players had nice teams and both of them didn't play too badly. I think I'll still give it to SFG as I've seen them more compared to Bruno in DPP. I do see this could go either way though. Very interesting matchup overall.
[BIG] Twash vs DeepBlueC [RAI]
I have a feeling that Twash will build something and make an upset over DBC. Guts trust in this one tbh.
[RUI] Zf vs Jirachee [TYR]
I'm not that impressed by both of them from w1, but if I had to pick from one of them I'll favor more towards to Jirachee more. Zf looked a little rough as I didn't like what they brought in w1, nor the plays they did as well. I don't know too much about Zf or the support he has, so if he manages to take wins then consider me impressed bc of my ignorance. While Jirachee has those issues some ppl mentioned above, I think he'll easily adjust those mistakes and then take this win solidly.
[CRY] Kristyl vs Sakito [SCO]
I think Kristyl will take this one with prepping something that could really throw Sakito out, and I simply prefer what Kristyl has shown compared to them. Could be very close though since I expect both of them to bring some HEAT. This MU looks stacked as hell when you're looking at it from the player's and the support's perspective. Very excited to watch this one.
[CLA] Oiponabys vs Mael [TIG]
Feel like Oipon may be favored here and the SoS support is always solid and meta-defining, but my guts tell me that Mael may bring something that could catch them off guard, especially the team Mael brought in w1 was different than usual. Tho it's week 1 so things don't get too serious compared to the later week. But I do still believe Mael will take this one by simply outplaying Oipon.

Last edited:

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
[WOL] SFG vs bruno [SHA]
[BIG] twash vs DeepBlueC [RAI]
[RUI] zf
vs Jirachee [TYR]
[CRY] Kristyl vs Sakito [SCO]
[CLA] oiponabys vs mael [TIG]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)