SV OU SPECS TALONFLAME RAIN LES GO

I got a fun set to break up the monotony of rain (Peli, Archi, Barra, and Treads)

I've never like Barraskewda on rain, It always was too fast and strong and weird for my taste so I have a replacement + Counter

TalonRain (Talonflame) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

SPECS TALONFLAME With gale 100% accurate hurricanes in the rain it ohkos Barra, Val, Meow, great tusk, waterpon, 50% chance Deo speed kill and other threats across the meta.
It also OHKOS Phys def corv, most Iron treads, and other steel/grass/bug/ice with fire blast only use it for super effective or hurricane resist
It with tera flying it can tear through teams after your rain terrorizer of choice softens the specially bulky ones up
Air slash: I don't want to miss hurricane when rain is down
U-Turn is U-turn

Functions:
-Sweep ender: It's a priority 110 bp move that's to be expected
-End Game Cleaner: See Above
Wall breaker: It isn't the best at this as you need to be at full hp to retain your priority but if they expect a phys move like Brave bird you might keep something in for you to pick off

TLDR- Goofy little bird uses hurricane on small town

Pelliper: need i say more
BRING THE RAIN (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Roost

Archaludon: rain without Archi never heard of it
Tyrant's Rain (Archaludon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electro Shot
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

It harrasses teams with E-shot
Aura sphere gets boosted by eshot while bpress gets boosted by your opponent also no contact

Sam-H: Spikes break sturdy and sashes and can secure some kills
Blade of Rain (Samurott-Hisui) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Razor Shell
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Its a Sam-H is there more to say

Basculegion-M: Harasses teams on the phys side
Fish bRAIN (Basculegion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Water
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Flip Turn
- Wave Crash
- Phantom Force
Adaptability scarf instead of swift swim for that sweet damage and scarf can help feign swift swim
WAVE CRASH GO BRRR

Iron treads: Holds the team together
Iron tRain (Iron Treads) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

It clears hazards for our boots-less birds and eq and knock off provide valuable coverage

Hey man I really love the idea of using Choice Specs Talonflame on rain, it really does break up some of the other rain teams that have been running around on the ladder. I wanted to make some changes it to the team while still keeping true to what you are going for.

This here is my version of the team: https://pokepast.es/bea091b60e7f68b3

Pelipper remains largely unchanged, but I did put the extra 8 EVs into it's special attack. I personally like running Weather Ball on my Pelipper but Surf works great too! I also changed it's Tera type to Grass as a way for it to still resist Electric types and to resist Ground types.

For Archaludon I made a lot of tweaks. Firstly I gave it 176 EVs into it's speed stat; this way it can naturally out speed Raging Bolt and knock it out with Draco Meteor. 252 EVs into special attack and a modest nature helps it to hit as hard as it can. The rest of the EVs I dumped into HP to add to it's bulk. Lastly I changed Aura Sphere to Body Press. Thanks to Stamina Body Press quickly out damages Aura Sphere after a few hits.

The man, the myth, the legend, Choice Specs Talonflame. This is a really unique idea and to further improve on it the only changes I made was to the move set which is largely just my own preferences. The moves I use on Talonflame are Overheat and Flamethrower over Air Slash and Fire Blast to allow it to be a threat to opposing sun teams that would be the biggest counter to your rain team.

For Iron Treads I went with a more support focused set. The EVs are set up in order to take on special attackers better while also giving it more bulk for support. Volt Switch is used for slow pivots, Stealth Rocks are here for obvious reasons, Rapid Spin helps to remove Hazards that stop Talonflame from doing what it wants to do. Earthquake is for STAB.

I figured that since Talonflame is the star of the show we needed a good amount of hazard control and I figured that Hattrene would be a great fit for this team. Magic Bounce can help to prevent Hazards and Status moves. Eject Button is used so that if you switch predicting hazards and instead get hit by an attack, you get out and save her for another time. Nuzzle is a good support move as it can really punish Gholdenbro as it is still very common in the tier. Psychic and Dazzling Gleam is for STAB. Lastly, Healing Wish. This can allow for you to revive an almost dead Pokémon and bring it back into the fight, such as if Talonflame takes and damage, Basc-M taking recoil, or Arch needing more health. I also invested her EVs into Bulk as she is more so here for support than anything.

Lastly but not least we have Basculegion. While Barraskewda is still better IMO I wanted to keep in line with your team and not use it. I made a few changes, firstly I changed Adaptability to Swift Swim. I also swapped the Choice Scarf with a Choice Band. The main reason for this is that Basc-M with a choice scarf and a plus speed nature is actually slower than Dragapult by 1 point and Drapapult will K/O Basc-M with a Ghost type move. The speed is necessary to out speed threats like that. Choice Band Basc-M under rain with an Adamant nature can still do a lot of damage and from the Calcs I ran it even out damages Adaptability. Next Phantom Force is not a good move as it is too predictable and lets the other guy switch and get a huge advantage, if you really wanted a physical Ghost move you would have to run Tera Blast Ghost, which doesn't seem like a good idea considering that you'll be mainly spamming Wave Crash. So the moves I went with was Wave Crash / Aqua Jet / Crunch / Flip Turn.

I wish you luck with your team and hope these changes help you out!

Hey man I really love the idea of using Choice Specs Talonflame on rain, it really does break up some of the other rain teams that have been running around on the ladder. I wanted to make some changes it to the team while still keeping true to what you are going for.

This here is my version of the team: https://pokepast.es/bea091b60e7f68b3

Pelipper remains largely unchanged, but I did put the extra 8 EVs into it's special attack. I personally like running Weather Ball on my Pelipper but Surf works great too! I also changed it's Tera type to Grass as a way for it to still resist Electric types and to resist Ground types.

For Archaludon I made a lot of tweaks. Firstly I gave it 176 EVs into it's speed stat; this way it can naturally out speed Raging Bolt and knock it out with Draco Meteor. 252 EVs into special attack and a modest nature helps it to hit as hard as it can. The rest of the EVs I dumped into HP to add to it's bulk. Lastly I changed Aura Sphere to Body Press. Thanks to Stamina Body Press quickly out damages Aura Sphere after a few hits.

The man, the myth, the legend, Choice Specs Talonflame. This is a really unique idea and to further improve on it the only changes I made was to the move set which is largely just my own preferences. The moves I use on Talonflame are Overheat and Flamethrower over Air Slash and Fire Blast to allow it to be a threat to opposing sun teams that would be the biggest counter to your rain team.

For Iron Treads I went with a more support focused set. The EVs are set up in order to take on special attackers better while also giving it more bulk for support. Volt Switch is used for slow pivots, Stealth Rocks are here for obvious reasons, Rapid Spin helps to remove Hazards that stop Talonflame from doing what it wants to do. Earthquake is for STAB.

I figured that since Talonflame is the star of the show we needed a good amount of hazard control and I figured that Hattrene would be a great fit for this team. Magic Bounce can help to prevent Hazards and Status moves. Eject Button is used so that if you switch predicting hazards and instead get hit by an attack, you get out and save her for another time. Nuzzle is a good support move as it can really punish Gholdenbro as it is still very common in the tier. Psychic and Dazzling Gleam is for STAB. Lastly, Healing Wish. This can allow for you to revive an almost dead Pokémon and bring it back into the fight, such as if Talonflame takes and damage, Basc-M taking recoil, or Arch needing more health. I also invested her EVs into Bulk as she is more so here for support than anything.

Lastly but not least we have Basculegion. While Barraskewda is still better IMO I wanted to keep in line with your team and not use it. I made a few changes, firstly I changed Adaptability to Swift Swim. I also swapped the Choice Scarf with a Choice Band. The main reason for this is that Basc-M with a choice scarf and a plus speed nature is actually slower than Dragapult by 1 point and Drapapult will K/O Basc-M with a Ghost type move. The speed is necessary to out speed threats like that. Choice Band Basc-M under rain with an Adamant nature can still do a lot of damage and from the Calcs I ran it even out damages Adaptability. Next Phantom Force is not a good move as it is too predictable and lets the other guy switch and get a huge advantage, if you really wanted a physical Ghost move you would have to run Tera Blast Ghost, which doesn't seem like a good idea considering that you'll be mainly spamming Wave Crash. So the moves I went with was Wave Crash / Aqua Jet / Crunch / Flip Turn.

I wish you luck with your team and hope these changes help you out!
I like the Hatt i didn't even think about it honestly

Treads being more spd makes sense as archi is a phys switch in

The only think with Swim Basculiegion is that it lacks that speed outside of rain but outspeeding pult is very important that i think its worth

Support treads is what it is doing i don't know what i was thinking

the only think with Aura sphere > Bpress is that it matches up better vs opp arch

Overall I think this is great Thx for your input

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)