SV OU Special+Dual Hazard Garchomp Hyper Offense

Hi !
I wanted to show you my Team and some advice to make my Team the best it can be. Excuse my English, I'm not very good at English.

The Team :

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Fire / Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Garchomp is the Hazard Setter of the Team. Mixed Garchomp is a very good Stealth Rock Setter, by its ability to threaten Hazard Removers like Great Tusk or Corviknight with his very powerful attacks. I wanted to do more, and to add Spikes on Earthquake to abuse his ability to threaten the popular Hazard Removers of the Meta, keeping only the Attacks necessary to hit Great Tusk, Iron Treads and Corviknight. You can put Surf on Draco Meteor to hit Great Tusk or Iron Treads effectively with precise Attack and without having a SpAtk Drop. Tera Fire power up Fire Blast and provide resistance to Ice and Fairy Attacks, Tera Steel also provide Ice and Fairy Resistance, and add a Dragon and Stealth Rock Resistance.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Great Tusk complete Hazard Control, bringing Rapid Spin support. Its also our Kingambit, Garchomp and Scizor Check and our WallBreaker, which can threaten a multitude of Pokemon, like Poison Types, Garganacl, Ting-Lu,... Tera Fighting Boost Close Combat' damage, and cancel its Water Weakness. Leftovers provides Great Tusk more longevity, giving it a Recovery.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Volcarona is our Late-Game Sweeper, which can Setup with Quiver Dance and finish off the opposing team. As Volcarona doesn't need a lot of investment to be threatening, I decided to go with a bulkier set, with speed to overtake Great Tusk, Gholdengo, Rotom-W and Jolly Dragonite, to take full advantage of the Defensive Utility that he can bring thanks to his Typing, Flame Body and Will-O-Wisp. Tera Grass makes Volcarona immune to Spore, and gives it resistance to Water and Ground Types.

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost

Dragonite is our second Setup Sweeper, who can easily Setup and Clean the opposing Team once it is weakened. As with Volcarona, I wanted Dragonite to provide as much Defensive Utility as possible, so I gave it a Bulky Set, along with Roost. With its solid natural Bulk, its valuable Typing, Roost and Multiscale, Dragonite can Check a lot of Pokemon, like Ground, Grass, Fighting, Water, Fire and Bug Types. 144 EVs in HP resist Iron Valiant's Moonblast at +1 with Multiscale.

Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Dragapult is our second WallBreaker, who can threaten Dragon Types that wall Volcarona with Dragon Darts. Thanks to its excellent Speed, Dragapult is a very good Revenge Killer, which can Revenge Kill almost all Meta, except Iron Valiant Booster Energy and Choice Scarf users. He can Break a lot of Pokemon with Dragon Darts, and Revenge Kill Boosted Threats, like Dragapult, Tera Flying Roaring Moon, Iron Moth... once they are weakened. An Adamant Nature can be used instead of the Jolly Nature to deal more damage.

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Iron Valiant is the last member of this team. Iron Valiant is a very effective Revenge Killer, and a very threatening late-game Cleaner, once Setup with Calm Mind and the Energy Booster. It brings the Speed Control needed to Revenge Kill Meta's Choice Scarf users, who outrank Dragapult for the most part, or Pokemon that Dragapult can't Revenge Kill. It also exceeds Speed Boosted Pokemon like Walking Wake and Scovillain in Sun Team, Booster Energy Iron Moth, ...

Hope you like my team !

Last edited:
As a late-game sweeper, you might want to change up volcarona's move sets. will o wisp and morning sun should probably be swapped out for attacking moves that'll help clean up late game.

With this being said, you have a lot of good attacking mons but nothing to really pivot with/ help you absorb attacks. As it is, you have a serious risk of your team being slowly (but surely) chipped down. I would take two of these attacking mons and swap them out for something with bulk.

Two good options right away would be to swap out volcarona with a spd/ hp skeledirge I can post an example set below. It also wouldn't be a bad idea either to consider giving garchomp some bulk/ swapping out one of the three dragon types that you have for something that can be used for pivoting/ absorbing attacks. This is all food for thought...

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Overall, not a bad team; good job! :)

As a late-game sweeper, you might want to change up volcarona's move sets. will o wisp and morning sun should probably be swapped out for attacking moves that'll help clean up late game.

With this being said, you have a lot of good attacking mons but nothing to really pivot with/ help you absorb attacks. As it is, you have a serious risk of your team being slowly (but surely) chipped down. I would take two of these attacking mons and swap them out for something with bulk.

Two good options right away would be to swap out volcarona with a spd/ hp skeledirge I can post an example set below. It also wouldn't be a bad idea either to consider giving garchomp some bulk/ swapping out one of the three dragon types that you have for something that can be used for pivoting/ absorbing attacks. This is all food for thought...

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Overall, not a bad team; good job! :)
Hi !
Thank you for your advice, I made the change you told me. For the second change, I don't really know what to put. Corviknight or Rotom-W on which Dragon Type ? Personally I thought of Rotom-W on Dragapult. I put Tera Water (and Boots) on Skeledirge to Check WWake :)
Here is the Team with the changes :)

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi, i see you made a bo version of this team as well but im only going to focus on the more offense-orientated version as that was what was rmt'd. per typical of offense teams there isn't a whole ton to explain as I'm just improving some mus

:garchomp: -> :kingambit:
the team lacks a steel type and a ghost resist so i am slapping a kingambit on here over the chomp. chomp is a little out of place synergy wise (triple dragon and competing with tusk) and gambit fits the mold a lot better here. i have fast gambit to outpace dirge, tera dark helps but down fatter teams alongside lum berry to avoid status like willo from pult or rotom.

:great-tusk: current set -> lead booster
since i removed the rocker im changing this into the rocker. suicide lead tusk actually has some decent longevity so you might be able to get a spin-off late game if needed. we boost tusks speed to being immediately threatening to most of the tier which lets us set rocks up pretty freely. I personally use cc eq on this set just as a preference to keep offensive pressure but rly the only mandatory moves are ground stab + rocks and is customizeable to ur liking. you can run headlong rush if you want, or knock > cc/spin. also can run taunt > spin. just some options to consider.

:volcarona: current set -> tera fairy
this was pretty difficult to think of what set to run as this mon can be a million things but I knew you wanted to run a more offensive variant. I settled on tera fairy as it gives you some more options into dragons (moon and bax) while giving you some more wiggle room vs sun. tera fairy tera blast can hit ting lu + valiant and gets a lot of neutrals that can be useful as well. fairy allows you to resist sucker punch which can help vs a giga boosted kingambit. you can experiment with other offensive sets such as tera water/ground tera blast or tera grass but I feel this improves the most mus you might struggle with.

:dragapult: band -> modest specs
theres no real need for band on this team as you cover most of what you would use band for already, considering this isnt screens or a shed tail team im not a huge fan of dd either. I think specs will overall be more useful to overwhelm defensive cores and to apply pressure offensively. steel types are annoying for this team and specs pult chips then down better than band does. it also gives you some more options vs defensive tusk which might be hard to break currently. im using tera dragon modest on this team as it helps break down pex garg steel corvs a ton and can open up opportunities for some of your sweepers. also gives options vs dondozo and those guys who might be annoying.

:iron-valiant: electric / tbolt -> ghost / sball
as i've mentioned in many other offense rates ive done, ghost is a very helpful tera on special valiant on ho to block espeed from dnite, while you have some counterplay to nite naturally, dnite is incredibly annoying for offense just in general. overall ghost is a lot more useful to offense; giving you another spin block option, neutrally hitting more, and defensively offering more.

hopefully this rate helps / gives you some ideas for other changes you might make yourself.
:great-tusk::kingambit::volcarona::dragonite::dragapult::iron-valiant:
https://pokepast.es/08dac698ad300f4f

hi, i see you made a bo version of this team as well but im only going to focus on the more offense-orientated version as that was what was rmt'd. per typical of offense teams there isn't a whole ton to explain as I'm just improving some mus

:garchomp: -> :kingambit:
the team lacks a steel type and a ghost resist so i am slapping a kingambit on here over the chomp. chomp is a little out of place synergy wise (triple dragon and competing with tusk) and gambit fits the mold a lot better here. i have fast gambit to outpace dirge, tera dark helps but down fatter teams alongside lum berry to avoid status like willo from pult or rotom.

:great-tusk: current set -> lead booster
since i removed the rocker im changing this into the rocker. suicide lead tusk actually has some decent longevity so you might be able to get a spin-off late game if needed. we boost tusks speed to being immediately threatening to most of the tier which lets us set rocks up pretty freely. I personally use cc eq on this set just as a preference to keep offensive pressure but rly the only mandatory moves are ground stab + rocks and is customizeable to ur liking. you can run headlong rush if you want, or knock > cc/spin. also can run taunt > spin. just some options to consider.

:volcarona: current set -> tera fairy
this was pretty difficult to think of what set to run as this mon can be a million things but I knew you wanted to run a more offensive variant. I settled on tera fairy as it gives you some more options into dragons (moon and bax) while giving you some more wiggle room vs sun. tera fairy tera blast can hit ting lu + valiant and gets a lot of neutrals that can be useful as well. fairy allows you to resist sucker punch which can help vs a giga boosted kingambit. you can experiment with other offensive sets such as tera water/ground tera blast or tera grass but I feel this improves the most mus you might struggle with.

:dragapult: band -> modest specs
theres no real need for band on this team as you cover most of what you would use band for already, considering this isnt screens or a shed tail team im not a huge fan of dd either. I think specs will overall be more useful to overwhelm defensive cores and to apply pressure offensively. steel types are annoying for this team and specs pult chips then down better than band does. it also gives you some more options vs defensive tusk which might be hard to break currently. im using tera dragon modest on this team as it helps break down pex garg steel corvs a ton and can open up opportunities for some of your sweepers. also gives options vs dondozo and those guys who might be annoying.

:iron-valiant: electric / tbolt -> ghost / sball
as i've mentioned in many other offense rates ive done, ghost is a very helpful tera on special valiant on ho to block espeed from dnite, while you have some counterplay to nite naturally, dnite is incredibly annoying for offense just in general. overall ghost is a lot more useful to offense; giving you another spin block option, neutrally hitting more, and defensively offering more.

hopefully this rate helps / gives you some ideas for other changes you might make yourself.
:great-tusk::kingambit::volcarona::dragonite::dragapult::iron-valiant:
https://pokepast.es/08dac698ad300f4f
Hi !
Thank you very much for your help, I'm gonna test your version of the Team !
Just a question, what is the Spread for on Volcarona ?

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hi !
Thank you very much for your help, I'm gonna test your version of the Team !
Just a question, what is the Spread for on Volcarona ?
honestly forgot, just what i had on hand.

when in doubt just max max (maxspa maxspe modest)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)