Anything Goes Sore Subject (Baton Pass) Team

It has been since X and Y that I have been able to make a baton pass team work as good until now. With the removal of Smeargle, Scolipede and a few others that nintendo refuses to bring back to the main series games, it was tough to make and sustain a team of 6 to keep the chain going. Denisssss was the mastermind behind the best baton pass team that struck a nerve and changed baton pass for ever as seen here https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/glorious-pass.3506272/. I have made a team that I am trying to get back up to that standard in Anything Goes. I have worked on this team for a while with laddering and testing. I have no proof of peak because I have not pushed hard enough for it yet. I have played with this team quite a bit and win more than not. I love and have waited a long time to make a team like this that actually works again. When it comes to the EV's I am really rusty and would appreciate some help here. So without me boring you any longer lets get to the team.

1675090476509.png

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Agility/ Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power/ Dark Pulse

So Hatterene starts things off with this team. She is here because of magic bounce and the ability to baton pass. Magic bounce is very important to keep hazards off our field as well to keep our pokemon from being roared or whirl winded away. left overs is for constant recovery. Calm mind will boost the special def and special attack to help make stored power unbeatable accept against dark type pokemon. Baton pass is to be able to pass all the boosts to other pokemon the are acquired over the game. Agility is here to boost the speed of our team due to not having Scolipede. Dazzling gleam can be put in this place for dark type pokemon if you see fit. The last move is Stored power which gets stronger with every boost the pokemon has. I made Hatterene Tera type dark because this team does have a glaring weakness to ghost type pokemon.

Drifblim (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Stockpile
- Minimize
- Substitute

Drifblim is my normal lead and is why I made his Tera type normal. My ghost issue is just that an issue. She has a sitrus berry to get health back either from getting hit or from using substitute many times waiting for a miss due to using minmize. Unburden is the ability to help make drifblim faster once the sitrus berry is used up. Baton pass is on every single pokemon and is here for the same reason of passing stat changes to other pokemon. Stockpile is normally used 3 times if possible to get my Defense and Special defense up 3 times so I can make the team bulkier. I get minimize is cheesy but this is anything goes and there for boosts my evasiveness all the way to plus 6 which is really annoying to people I play against. Lastly is substitute, I use this move second after 1 minimize to wait for a miss so I can keep minimizing all the way to plus 6 and then pass all the stats to another pokemon behind a sub.

Alomomola (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind

Alomomola is a great defensive pokemon that can take a hit. With regenerator as the ability she stays at good health due to baton pass. I gave her heavy duty boots incase I was unable to stop hazards on my side of the field. With wish and regenerator left overs really wasn't necessary. Wish is also here to be passed onto other pokemon with baton pass incase a pokemon gets really low on HP. Alomomola makes a really beefy substitute to pass on to other pokemon. Baton pass is already explained as well with calm mind boosting the special side of attack and Defense.

Scream Tail @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Scream Tail as well has heavy duty boots for the same reason, just incase I miss or can not stop hazards on my side of the field. With wish and protect she will always be in good health and can pass wishes to other pokemon. The reason for dazzling gleam is because I need to be able to hit dark type pokemon and I already have enough stored power on the team. Baton pass like all the other pokemon is a staple of the team and needs to be here so I can keep all the stats that I have been working hard to keep. This pokemon is really bulky to begin with as well as fast. If the other team has a dark type on it keep this thing alive.

Espeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Stored Power

There is a lot to say about espeon but I am keeping this simple. I love this pokemon and it has not seen a lot of play lately it seems. I gave her left overs to heal from setting up substitutes witch does help a lot. Espeon is also our second magic bounce pokemon witch has come in handy a lot due to hazards, roars, and whirlwind. Since I don't have a rapid spinner or defog user having 2 pokemon with magic bounce and baton pass is a god send. The rest of the moves are the same as above baton pass which by now I hope makes since that every pokemon here has this move and is very important to making this team work. Calm mind to get my stats up if need be to make stored power 1 HIT KO everything. And lastly stored power because it has been proven time and time again how strong this move can be.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Dark Pulse/ Stored Power
- Wish
- Protect/ Substitue

Lastly there is Umbreon. I originally had Jumpluff here, I'm serious. Jumpluff actually worked well due to infiltrator with leech seed/ sleep powder, but we are talking about umbreon. He is here because of our weakness to ghost and dark pulse hits ghost types hard and dark types are immune to ghosts. I have 3 wish users to keep this team as healthy as possible and it works great. I have protect as my last move but substitute works great here to so you can keep passing behind substitutes. Left over is just to keep this pokemon healthy behind a sub.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Grass
- Baton Pass
- Cotton Guard/ Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

So this is my team I made after looking at all the pokemon that can learn baton pass. This is about the best I could come up with and I am very impressed with how well it has performed. I find this to be a really fun play style and hope that through the help of this community we can make it better. So to anyone that can help make the EV's better and possible changes to moves or pokemon I will test out what is recomended. To anyone that uses this team have fun with it. In the current AG tier it is really easy to get the chain going and win games if not have people forfeit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)