Gen 8 Somari

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
:sv/Jirachi::sv/Tapu Lele::sv/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike::sv/Ferrothorn::sv/Landorus-Therian::sv/Zapdos:

Hello, its me, 1LDK, the summer is about to end for me, a new period of university is starting, and I decided to post one last team in SWSH, you see, one of the highlights of my summer was without a doubt, the tutoring sessions AndViet has done with me, these sessions have to end due to work for both, so, as a goodbye and a final project, I'm gonna post, not the best team I have made, but its an emotional team, and its not that bad of a team really, so, let's see what do I have in the oven this time

:Leftovers::sv/Jirachi::Leftovers:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature

- Body Slam
- Doom Desire/Future Sight
- Protect
- Wish

This, is the main star of the team and the team has been made around her, Jirachi is a fun mon that in my opinion is underrated, the idea of the team is to use Doom Desire alongside Future Sight from Tapu Lele, there is a problem with this strategy, they don't stack, so you have to either mix them, or just drop Doom Desire and go back and forth between the 2 users, so go with the one you want. Body Slam is for paralyzes utility, this is also boosted by Serene Grace so even tho its not the main idea, you can still do paraspam with Static on Zapdos + Body Slam, Wish + Protect helps the rest of the team a lot, 36 speed hits 245, out speeding your everyday Landorus T and speed tie with some mons, max hp to boost wish + protect, rest goes into defense to tank some physical hits.

:Choice Scarf::sv/Tapu Lele::Choice Scarf:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Future Sight

Tapu Lele is the second most important mon in the team, because it sets up the other half of the gimmick, also Future Sight, but unlike the support Jirachi provides, Lele provides speed control, hitting 475, this, while not the best scarfer, this is enough to out speed stuff like scarf Lando and modest +1 Blacephalon, the moves are just standard coverage, to revenge kill and clean when needed, or just poke out a Future Sight to keep the pressure on and get yourself out.

:Choice Band::sv/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike::Choice Band:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

After Jirachi and Lele, It was time to get some power in it, looking at overall recommendations via the smogon guides, Urshifu-RS seemed like a perfect partner, its basically the main wall breaker and just the basic Choice Band set, stabs, priority (Be aware of Psychic terrain shenanigans), Jirachi and her wishes make the task of giving entry and dealing with passive damage easier to handle, he is the main muscle so be careful, or you'll lose a ton of power. Still, if you can identify dangerous stuff like Tank Chomp, Buzzwole, Corviknight or on contact effects like Ferrothorn or Zapdos, either U-turn or just switch out, try to passively and patiently wear the enemy down and then just go crazy.

:Leftovers::sv/Ferrothorn::Leftovers:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

So basically Ferrothorn, with a Ferrothorn set, and Ferrothorn EVs, Ferrothorn everything, what do you guys want me to tell you. He is capable to tank a ton, he alleviates the rain matchup a ton, you could drop Spikes, get Power Whip and delete them, but I use Spikes enough to make it worth it, as always, Leech Seed + Leftovers make ferro insanely unkillable, Knock Off and Gyro Ball for damage and stuff, really I'm just going back in circles at this point.

:leftovers::sv/Landorus-Therian::Leftovers:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Ah yes, LandorUS, Bandorus, STALLdorus, or whatever you wanna call it, I needed utility and stuff, so this means Knock Off, Rocks and Toxic to take a dump on Zapdos, opposing Landos and honestly a lot of stuff, stab Earthquake, and max SpD because I kinda need a special wall, my mons are naturally bulky in general but need a dedicated wall, and even with that, Intimidate just hard carries both your defenses, good thing Lando literally does everything

:Heavy-Duty Boots::sv/Zapdos::Heavy-Duty Boots:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Lastly, a Defogger, Zapdos seemed cool to get a Volt-Turn core with Urshifu-RS, Hurricane lets me handle Rillaboom, Blaziken, Buzzwole and chip a ton of stuff for a good amount of damage, Static cheese is a godsend to always get AT LEAST a good chance to cripple something even in death, as always, Jirachi helps her a lot with her wishes if there's no time to Roost, so even if something as bad as Toxic can still be somewhat kept at bay.

Threats to the team

I have played with this team more but right now I'm sick, and I don't remember most of the problems, still got something to work, if I forgot something, please do tell

:Dragapult: A strong Ghost in a team with no ghost resistance can easily spook this team with proper prediction, Lando helps a lot in this but its not the definitive solution

:Arctozolt: Weather teams will naturally have an advantage above me due to the weather control, but Hail is by far my worst matchup, once set up, Arcto just clicks buttons against me

:Zapdos: While afraid of toxics, he can easily deter me from wall breaking, on contact effects in general work well, but Zapdos is the easiest to abuse against this team

Conclusion, Pokepaste and replays

:sv/Jirachi::sv/Tapu Lele::sv/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike::sv/Ferrothorn::sv/Landorus-Therian::sv/Zapdos:
https://pokepast.es/6ae889e22e4e6050

This is the end of my training arc before getting my power up, the power to watch 3 stall games in SPL in a row while sick
but for real tho, this team will not win you any tournaments, will probably not get you on high ladder, but its gonna make you have some fun with it, the sentimental valor is there, and yeah, I'm kinda too tired to continue, but I hope that everyone can see this team and have some fun with it, and the Battling 101 staff can see some more of my personal growth (please give Andviet all the shining medals)
and that's basically it, goodbye everyone.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-669341 (Tournament game, wasted all my luck for the year)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-670706 (Tournament game, losing my shit against obesity balance)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1797769035-408iivfmugng1owqwsx0a5gevhivjpvpw (Tournament game, SUS Lando throwing me off guard)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1766045983 (Wanted to test Bisharp, got the worst match up possible on the first tryout)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1813298698 (Choke of the year on turn 1, played perfectly afterward)

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Thank you for the shoutout 1LDK, it was a pleasure helping you build this team, and the results came out to be quite fantastic. Even though Doom Desire is a very strong hitting move, it lacks in the PP department which is why I have to highly recommend Future Sight over it. Awesome job on the RMT and thank you for posting it!

Just from a glance, :weavile: seems like a problem, and strong fire types, :choice specs: :volcanion: in particular looks like it'd give you some trouble.

So maybe a volcanion of your own might be the best solution. It beats both of the threats I pointed out, and helps with rain teams. Even av might be useful. Volc does appreciate wish passing from :jirachi:, but I'm not sure who it would replace.

I hope you take this into consideration and I hope you have fun with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)