Gen 8 So, This is my... Unorthidox team, but you should check it out. It's niche, but interesting.

Cannoner (Clawitzer) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Terrain Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Crabhammer

You may be confused by Clawitzer. It is a psuedobulky sweeper that can delete specially weak pokemon from the face of the earth. You can replace Crabhammer with Water Pulse if you want all out special attacker. It has coverage that can hit many treatening pokemon assuming it lives the hit. It can threaten switchins by Dragapult, Volcorona, and Excadrill. It is a powerful member of the team.

Snorlax (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam
- Heavy Slam
- Stockpile

DrumLax is a necessary bulky sweeper for our team. DrumLax can threaten Clefable, Kyurem, and other Normal and Steel neutral/weak pokemon that switch in. It does have reliable counters in CurseLax and fast fighting types that can hit VERY hard. His adamant nature allows him to dish out harder hits. However, it does not appreciate a matchup against Lucario.

Harpoon (Barraskewda) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Flip Turn
- Laser Focus
- Ice Fang

This Barraskewda is the swift swimmer of our team, to turn foes rain against them. They will try to set up rain to midigate Victini, and then you turn it against them. he can be threatened out by Bulky Duraladons Thunder or Thunderbolt. Despite it's decent coverage, if it dosen't OHKO, and the opposing pokemon sends a strong super effective move, say goodnight.

Jaws (Tapu Fini) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlpool
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Toxic

Tapu Fini is a trapper who can mess up an opposing team. Toxic is used to wear down special walls for my team, Moonblast force opponents to switch out or lose a Pokemon. Trick can be use to annoy the living heck out of opponents. Whirlpool allows Tapu Fini to trap and remove many Pokemon that cannot significantly damage it, such as Toxapex, Blissey, Slowbro, Slowking, and Ferrothorn lacking Power Whip. Nature's Madness provides consistent damage on bulkier Pokemon such as the aforementioned ones it can trap, as well as switch-ins like Galarian Slowking. Taunt is necessary so that Pokemon like Toxapex, Blissey, and Slowking cannot use their recovery moves or pivot out with Teleport. Knock Off can be used over Moonblast to lure in Galarian Slowking and remove its Assault Vest while wearing Toxapex down more quickly by removing its Black Sludge or Shed Shell, but this makes Tapu Fini unable to reliably check Weavile and Urshifu-R. The EVs allow Tapu Fini to survive three Choice Band-boosted Close Combats from Urshifu-R and two Choice Specs-boosted Shadow Balls from Blacephalon from full health.

Cutie (Victini) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dazzling Gleam
- V-create
- Scorching Sands

Victini is a Special Powerhouse to supplement our physical attackers. Bolt Strike hits Toxapex and Slowking hard, as well hitting Heatran for a decent amount. Dazzling Gleam is used to deny Dark Types who would otherwise threaten it. This set does have its flaws though. and Water Ground type has an advantage against Victini. Any fast Water-Type can deny Victini a safe switch in though.

Offensive Pivot (Dragapult) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 5 Def / 252 SpA / 251 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Dragapult is an offensive pivot with boosted STAB Hex and Draco Meteor to slow the opposing team. It fires of thunder waves to paralyze the opponents, while utilizing U-Turn as a decent switchout AND an Anti Dark-Type Tool. Dragapult is what it says on the tin, an offensive pivot.

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey Fracterra, we require 3 lines of description for each Pokemon in order to have a little more info on each different set. Since you made a first effort and wrote some, I'm fine with letting the thread open for you to edit and go more in depth on your choices. In particular you can try to explain some move choice/EVs spread.

Though, my guess is that you were unsure of what each Pokemon should run and are not very familiar with the OU metagame. I would advise checking the smogon dex to have more optimized sets. Feel free to reply in this thread once you're done and I (or any other OU rater) will be happy to give advices and suggest improvements.

Also, fwiw you can find the forum rules as well as some guideline to make a RMT here. Have a nice day!

Hey Fracterra, we require 3 lines of description for each Pokemon in order to have a little more info on each different set. Since you made a first effort and wrote some, I'm fine with letting the thread open for you to edit and go more in depth on your choices. In particular you can try to explain some move choice/EVs spread.

Though, my guess is that you were unsure of what each Pokemon should run and are not very familiar with the OU metagame. I would advise checking the smogon dex to have more optimized sets. Feel free to reply in this thread once you're done and I (or any other OU rater) will be happy to give advices and suggest improvements.

Also, fwiw you can find the forum rules as well as some guideline to make a RMT here. Have a nice day!
ok

Okay, this team is not the best. But I know how is feels like to paste an unviable team and have people tell you very bluntly, 'Go look at standard/sample sets/teams'. So... I will try to help. I am not a good player. My teams end up being edited a lot, but lately they have improved.
Stockpile just isn't used. It can only be used 3 times and is basically kinda useless. I would suggest some kind of coverage, such as Fire Punch for ferro or High horsepower for heatran
Barraskewda. Nobody uses Laser Focus. The fish is frail, so while setting up laser focus it will either 1. die or 2. give the enemy a free switch in or setup. Plus, crits only do 1.5 times usual damage. I suggest close combat.
If you want to run trick on fini, use a more hampering item like scarf or black sludge. Plus shell bell isnt good, except if ur using lv1 endeavor.
Again, shellbell isnt viable. Better off with leftovers. Victini should also have psy move for STAB.
Really, im only posting this bcause Im pretty sure no one else will. This only covers the basics, for an in deph analysis you will have to wait. Im not even 100 % sure this correct. Just helping out a fellow newbie.

Last edited:
Okay, this team is not the best. But I know how is feels like to paste an unviable team and have people tell you very bluntly, 'Go look at standard/sample sets/teams'. So... I will try to help. I am not a good player. My teams end up being edited a lot, but lately they have improved.
Stockpile just isn't used. It can only be used 3 times and is basically kinda useless. I would suggest some kind of coverage, such as Fire Punch for ferro or High horsepower for heatran
Barraskewda. Nobody uses Laser Focus. The fish is frail, so while setting up laser focus it will either 1. die or 2. give the enemy a free switch in or setup. Plus, crits only do 1.5 times usual damage. I suggest close combat.
If you want to run trick on fini, use a more hampering item like scarf or black sludge. Plus shell bell isnt good, except if ur using lv1 endeavor.
Again, shellbell isnt viable. Better off with leftovers. Victini should also have psy move for STAB.
Really, im only posting this bcause Im pretty sure no one else will. This only covers the basics, for an in deph analysis you will have to wait. Im not even 100 % sure this correct. Just helping out a fellow newbie.
Victini doesn't need a psychic move wtf

not tryna be toxic, but its obvious that ur new. I would recommend just using some of the smogon base teams provided for the ou format, instead of..... well..... this team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)