Done Sneasler (Sitrus and Sash Sets) [QC 1/1][GP 1/1]

I changed my mind. After starting the sets, I realized that it would be better to separate Sitrus Berry and Focus Sash. There is some overlap, but I think it would be more confusing to merge them and try to explain what goes with which.

[SET]
Bulky Unburden (Sneasler) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Level: 50
Tera Type: Ghost / Fire
EVs: 228 HP / 156 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- Toxic Spikes / Substitute
- Shadow Claw / Fire Punch / Substitute

* This set takes a more versatile approach to Unburden Sneasler, using survivability to complement both its offensive and disruptive capabilities.

* **Toxic Spikes**: With the combination of Sitrus Berry and Unburden, Sneasler is very consistent at getting two layers of Toxic Spikes on the field.

* **Shadow Claw versus Fire Punch**: This coverage move is usually chosen to match Sneasler's Tera type. Shadow Claw hits Flutter Mane and Basculegion hard, Fire Punch destroys Scizor, and both can be used to pressure Gholdengo.

* **Substitute**: Not only does Substitute scout for status from the likes of Archaludon, but it can be used in succession to consume Berries.

Other Options
========
* **Swords Dance**: While normally used with more Speed investment, bulky sets can still make great use of Swords Dance to set up.

* **Liechi Berry**: When paired with Substitute, Sneasler gets both an Attack and Speed boost after Liechi Berry is consumed. However, Sneasler will be much easier to pick off with priority at this point.

EV Spreads
========
* **HP EVs and Substitute**: All spreads are optimized to consume Sitrus Berry after two uses of Substitute or Liechi Berry after three uses of Substitute.

* **228 HP / 156 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe with Adamant**: With Unburden active, this spread will outspeed all Booster Energy Flutter Mane that don’t run a Speed-boosting nature. With Sitrus Berry recovery, Sneasler will survive Adamant Urshifu-R's unboosted Surging Strikes into Aqua Jet and will almost always avoid being 2HKOed by Timid Flutter Mane's unboosted Moonblast. Sneasler also has a very high chance to survive Modest Ursaluna-B’s Blood Moon.

* **228 HP / 76 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 84 Spe with Adamant**: This spread outruns Timid Achaludon before Unburden, which is necessary if using Substitute to scout for Thunder Wave. The combination of Adamant Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes and Aqua Jet will not 2HKO Sneasler, and Timid Flutter Mane's Moonblast will almost never 2HKO either. Finally, Modest Ursaluna-B's Blood Moon only has about a 12% chance to OHKO it.

* **148 HP / 148 Atk / 92 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe with Adamant**: This spread outruns +1 Timid Iron Bundle after Unburden activates. It also avoids an OHKO on all but the highest rolls from Adamant Urshifu-R's Tera-boosted Surging Strikes and Timid Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast.

Tera Types
========
* **Tera Dependency - Medium**: This set's emphasis on bulk makes Terastallization less necessary, but it's still an excellent tool for preserving momentum against certain threats.

* **Ghost**: Tera Ghost's Extreme Speed immunity helps Sneasler keep its Speed advantage, and the boost to Shadow Claw helps against Flutter Mane and Gholdengo.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire gives Fire Punch a boost particularly for Steel-type foes. It can also help against unboosted Ogerpon-H, but this is situational, especially if Sneasler's Sitrus Berry hasn't been consumed yet.

[SET]
Focus Sash (Sneasler) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Touch / Unburden
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw / Fake Out / Fire Punch
- Toxic Spikes / Fake Out

* With Focus Sash, Sneasler can go all-in on high-powered disruption!

* **Shadow Claw**: Shadow Claw is Sneasler's most reliable coverage move into Gholdengo.

* **Toxic Spikes**: Toxic Spikes is a great support option as a lead, allowing Sneasler to build momentum for its teammates by disrupting bulkier foes.

* **Fake Out**: Not only does Fake Out help break Focus Sash and Multiscale, but the free attack gives an extra chance for Poison Touch to activate.

* **Fire Punch**: Fire Punch can OHKO maximum HP Scizor, which can otherwise bypass Focus Sash with Technician Dual Wingbeat.

* **Adamant versus Jolly**: Running an Adamant nature maximizes power while still outspeeding threats such as Jolly Garchomp. Running a Jolly nature will let Sneasler outspeed up to Jolly Roaring Moon.

Abilities
========
* **Poison Touch**: Poison Touch gives Sneasler extra chances to cripple threats, especially when paired with Fake Out.

* **Unburden**: If wanting to maximize your chances of paralyzing or putting a target to sleep with Dire Claw, Unburden should be used over Poison Touch. The extra Speed can also be helpful, but Sneasler's Focus Sash is not always in danger of being consumed.

Tera Types
========
* **Tera Dependency - Low**: While there are unique cases where Terastallization is useful, this set tends to do just fine without it.

* **Ghost**: Tera Ghost can surprise Extreme Speed Dragonite trying to revenge kill Sneasler, and the boost to Shadow Claw is a big help against Gholdengo.

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting takes Sneasler's strongest STAB attack in Close Combat and pushes it even farther.

* **Stellar**: Tera Stellar is a great way to take advantage of Sneasler's diverse offensive options without losing its unique typing. With an Adamant nature, the one-time boost to Shadow Claw guarantees a 2HKO on maximum HP Gholdengo.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison is a situational option that gives Dire Claw a much-needed boost, and maintaining Sneasler's original Poison typing will let it absorb Toxic Spikes later if needed.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/photon.516307/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/theorymon.29010/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/autumn.384270/

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally not as busy, giving this a check now!

Bulky Unburden

- Probably the biggest change: I'd slash Substitute into both last slots. I noticed its actually higher usage than Fire Punch at the moment! Basically: it lets Sneasler manually activate Unburden and Protects it from paralysis spreaders. I'd give Archaludon a special shout-out here, because Substitute can make Sneasler scout that thing's set better than a lot of other mons!

- I'd mention Basculegion as a target of Shadow Claw as well, since getting walled by that can be a huge bummer for Fire Punch (maybe that's part of why it fell below 10% in usage lol). Still worth keeping slashed in though, because nailing Scizor is pretty great!

- I'd give an other options mention to Liechi Berry. It's what you'd expect: you use it with Substitute to get to 1/4th of your health, having both Unburden AND an Attack boost! The big flaw is that this leaves Sneasler very vulnerable to priority once the Substitute is gone, and its a far less flexibile approach compared to Sitrus Berry.

Focus Sash

* Like the above set, I'd actually slash in Fire Punch (with Shadow Claw, maybe after Fake Out) even if getting walled by Basculegion is a bummer. Main reason is: Dual Wingbeat Scizor can own this Sneasler pretty hard by KOing through Focus Sash, so cooking that without needing to Tera is pretty awesome.

That's all I got, let me know when you get to this and I'll give it a QC stamp after a quick check!

Probably the biggest change: I'd slash Substitute into both last slots. I noticed its actually higher usage than Fire Punch at the moment! Basically: it lets Sneasler manually activate Unburden and Protects it from paralysis spreaders. I'd give Archaludon a special shout-out here, because Substitute can make Sneasler scout that thing's set better than a lot of other mons!
Quick question about this: Timid Archaludon outruns 4 Speed Sneasler, making Sub ineffective against fast TWave leads. Is there a particular spread from the report data that is built specifically for Substitute use?

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quick question about this: Timid Archaludon outruns 4 Speed Sneasler, making Sub ineffective against fast TWave leads. Is there a particular spread from the report data that is built specifically for Substitute use?
I looked, but as it turns out Substitute appears to be a trend that appeared this season, I found it nowhere in the Home Data for last season OR in the top 1000.

Here's a spread we can mention if you want to outspeed Timid Archaludon for Substitute: 228 HP / 76 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 84 Spe with Adamant. It's basically the same spread as before but with a power decrease lol. We can figure out better spreads later, I just think we should bring up Substitute because its been on the rise.

I looked, but as it turns out Substitute appears to be a trend that appeared this season, I found it nowhere in the Home Data for last season OR in the top 1000.

Here's a spread we can mention if you want to outspeed Timid Archaludon for Substitute: 228 HP / 76 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 84 Spe with Adamant. It's basically the same spread as before but with a power decrease lol. We can figure out better spreads later, I just think we should bring up Substitute because its been on the rise.
Sounds good, this is ready for a final check.

Theorymon

Sorry for the final plot twist, but while I couldn't find a Substitute spread, I DID notice several team reports using a faster spread for Iron Bundle that fits Substitute really well! I've modified it below, you can add it as a 3rd EV spread (since this one isn't JUST for Substitute):

148 HP / 148 Atk / 92 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe

This outspeeds Booster Energy Iron Bundle after Sitrus Berry activates, and survives both Adamant Tera Water Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes and Timid Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast on all but the highest roll (so 6.3% chance for both of them). I should note most team reports like this one actually use 156 Attack because it hits a jump point for Attack (so basically like 2 extra Attack points than normal), which is cool but I think hitting the even HP is more useful overall for stuff like say, switching into a Ruination to get the unburden boost and its cleaner for Substitute activations for Sitrus.

I also only got one more suuuper tiny nitpick: Probably worth mentioning on the Sash set that Unburden lets you potentially fish for more devastating Dire Claw statuses like paralysis or sleep more effectively since your other moves won't Poison.

Rest of it looks good though, just implement those two things and this is finally ready! Again, sorry for the late-game nitpicks here!

Sorry for the final plot twist, but while I couldn't find a Substitute spread, I DID notice several team reports using a faster spread for Iron Bundle that fits Substitute really well! I've modified it below, you can add it as a 3rd EV spread (since this one isn't JUST for Substitute):

148 HP / 148 Atk / 92 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe

This outspeeds Booster Energy Iron Bundle after Sitrus Berry activates, and survives both Adamant Tera Water Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes and Timid Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast on all but the highest roll (so 6.3% chance for both of them). I should note most team reports like this one actually use 156 Attack because it hits a jump point for Attack (so basically like 2 extra Attack points than normal), which is cool but I think hitting the even HP is more useful overall for stuff like say, switching into a Ruination to get the unburden boost and its cleaner for Substitute activations for Sitrus.

I also only got one more suuuper tiny nitpick: Probably worth mentioning on the Sash set that Unburden lets you potentially fish for more devastating Dire Claw statuses like paralysis or sleep more effectively since your other moves won't Poison.

Rest of it looks good though, just implement those two things and this is finally ready! Again, sorry for the late-game nitpicks here!
All right, finally got back to this. Ready for that final check!

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
AMcheck :3

[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat

* This set takes a more versatile approach to Unburden Sneasler, using survivability to complement both its offensive and disruptive capabilities.

* **Toxic Spikes**: With the combination of Sitrus Berry and Unburden, Sneasler is very effective consistent at getting two layers of Toxic Spikes on the field.

* **Shadow Claw versus Fire Punch**: This coverage move is usually chosen to match Sneasler's Tera Type. Shadow Claw hits Flutter Mane and Basculegion hard, Fire Punch destroys Scizor, and both can be used to challenge pressure Gholdengo.

* **Substitute**: Not only does Substitute scout for status from the likes of Archaludon, but it can be used in succession to trigger berries consume Berries.

Other Options
========
* **Swords Dance**: While normally used with more Speed investment, bulky sets can still make great use of setup with Swords Dance to set up.

* **Liechi Berry**: When paired with Substitute, Sneasler gets both an Attack and Speed boost after Liechi Berry is consumed. However, Sneasler will be much easier to pick off with priority at that this point.

Tera Types
========
* **Tera Dependency - Medium**: This set's emphasis on bulk makes Terastallization less necessary, but its still an excellent tool for preserving momentum against certain threats.

* **Ghost**: Tera Ghost's Extreme Speed immunity helps Sneasler keep its Speed advantage, and the boost to Shadow Claw helps against Flutter Mane and Gholdengo.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire gives Fire Punch a boost particularly for Steel-type matchups foes. It can also cushion help against unboosted Ogerpon-H, but this is situational, especially if Sneasler's Sitrus Berry hasn't been consumed yet.

EV Spreads
========
* **HP EVs and Substitute**: All spreads are optimized to activate consume Sitrus Berry after two uses of Substitute or Liechi Berry after three uses of Substitute.

* **228 HP / 156 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe with Adamant**: With Unburden active, this spread will outspeed all Booster Energy Flutter Mane that don’t run a positive Speed boosting nature. With Sitrus Berry recovery, Sneasler will live Adamant Urshifu-R's unboosted Surging Strikes into and Aqua Jet, and will almost always avoid being 2HKO'd 2HKOed by Timid Flutter Mane's unboosted Moonblast. Sneasler also has a very strong high chance to survive Modest Ursaluna-B’s Blood Moon.

* **228 HP / 76 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 84 Spe with Adamant**: This spread outruns Timid Achaludon before Unburden, which is necessary if using Substitute to scout for Thunder Wave. The combination of Adamant Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes and Aqua Jet will not 2HKO, and Timid Flutter Mane's Moonblast will almost never 2HKO either. Finally, Modest Ursaluna-B's Blood Moon only has about a 12% chance to OHKO.

* **148 HP / 148 Atk / 92 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe with Adamant**: This spread outruns +1 Timid Iron Bundle after Unburden activates. It also avoids an OHKO on all but the highest rolls from Tera Water Adamant Urshifu-R's Tera-boosted Surging Strikes and Timid Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast.

[SET]
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat

* **Shadow Claw**: Shadow Claw is Sneasler's most reliable coverage move into Gholdengo.

* **Toxic Spikes**: Toxic Spikes is a great support option from the as a lead, allowing Sneasler to give build momentum to for its teammates by disrupting bulkier opponents foes.

* **Fake Out**: Not only does Fake Out help break Focus Sash and Multiscale, but the free attack gives an extra chance for Poison Touch to activate.

* **Fire Punch**: Fire Punch can OHKO maximum HP Scizor, who can otherwise bypass Focus Sash with Technician Dual Wingbeat.

* **Adamant versus Jolly**: Running an Adamant nature maximizes power while still outspeeding threats such as Jolly Garchomp. Running a Jolly nature will let Sneasler outspeed up to Jolly Roaring Moon.

Tera Types
========
* **Tera Dependency - Low**: While there are unique cases where Terastallization is useful, this set tends to do just fine without it.

* **Ghost**: Tera Ghost can surprise Extreme Speed Dragonites trying to revenge kill Sneasler, and the boost to Shadow Claw is a big help against Gholdengo.

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting takes Sneasler's strongest STAB attack in Close Combat and pushes it even farther.

* **Stellar**: Tera Stellar is a great way to take advantage of Sneasler's diverse offensive options without losing its unique typing. With an Adamant nature, the one-time boost to Shadow Claw can lead to guarantees a 2HKO on maximum HP Gholdengo.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison is a situational option that gives Dire Claw a much-needed boost, and maintaining Sneasler's original Poison-typing will let it absorb Toxic Spikes later if needed.

Abilities
========
* **Poison Touch**: Poison Touch gives extra chances to cripple threats, especially when paired with Fake Out.

* **Unburden**: If wanting to maximize your chances of paralyzing or sleeping a target with Dire Claw, Unburden should be used over Poison Touch. The extra Speed can also be helpful, but Sneasler's Focus Sash is not always in danger of being used up consumed.

remember to re order the headers to match the information layout of the sample sets.
Overview
Other Options
Items
Abilities
EVs/natures
Tera Types

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
1/1 GP Team done credit both of us

[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat

* **Toxic Spikes**: With the combination of Sitrus Berry and Unburden, Sneasler is very effective consistent at getting two layers of Toxic Spikes on the field.

* **Shadow Claw versus Fire Punch**: This coverage move is usually chosen to match Sneasler's Tera Type type. Shadow Claw hits Flutter Mane and Basculegion hard, Fire Punch destroys Scizor, and both can be used to challenge pressure Gholdengo.

* **Substitute**: Not only does Substitute scout for status from the likes of Archaludon, but it can be used in succession to trigger berries consume Berries.

Other Options
========
* **Swords Dance**: While normally used with more Speed investment, bulky sets can still make great use of setup with Swords Dance to set up.

* **Liechi Berry**: When paired with Substitute, Sneasler gets both an Attack and Speed boost after Liechi Berry is consumed. However, Sneasler will be much easier to pick off with priority at that this point.

Tera Types
========
* **Tera Dependency - Medium**: This set's emphasis on bulk makes Terastallization less necessary, but its it's (its = belongs to it; it's = it is) still an excellent tool for preserving momentum against certain threats.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire gives Fire Punch a boost particularly for Steel-type matchups foes. It can also cushion help against unboosted Ogerpon-H, but this is situational, especially if Sneasler's Sitrus Berry hasn't been consumed yet.

EV Spreads
========
* **HP EVs and Substitute**: All spreads are optimized to activate consume Sitrus Berry after two uses of Substitute or Liechi Berry after three uses of Substitute.

* **228 HP / 156 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe with Adamant**: With Unburden active, this spread will outspeed all Booster Energy Flutter Mane that don’t run a positive Speed-boosting (add hyphen) nature. With Sitrus Berry recovery, Sneasler will live survive Adamant Urshifu-R's unboosted Surging Strikes into Aqua Jet (RC) and will almost always avoid being 2HKO'd 2HKOed by Timid Flutter Mane's unboosted Moonblast. Sneasler also has a very strong high chance to survive Modest Ursaluna-B’s Blood Moon.

* **228 HP / 76 Atk / 108 Def / 12 SpD / 84 Spe with Adamant**: This spread outruns Timid Achaludon before Unburden, which is necessary if using Substitute to scout for Thunder Wave. The combination of Adamant Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes and Aqua Jet will not 2HKO Sneasler, and Timid Flutter Mane's Moonblast will almost never 2HKO it either. Finally, Modest Ursaluna-B's Blood Moon only has about a 12% chance to OHKO it.

* **148 HP / 148 Atk / 92 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe with Adamant**: This spread outruns +1 Timid Iron Bundle after Unburden activates. It also avoids an OHKO on all but the highest rolls from Tera Water Adamant Urshifu-R's Tera-boosted Surging Strikes and Timid Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast.

[SET]
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat

* **Toxic Spikes**: Toxic Spikes is a great support option from the as a lead, allowing Sneasler to give build momentum to for its teammates by disrupting bulkier opponents foes.

* **Fire Punch**: Fire Punch can OHKO maximum HP Scizor, who which can otherwise bypass Focus Sash with Technician Dual Wingbeat.

Tera Types
========

* **Ghost**: Tera Ghost can surprise Extreme Speed Dragonites Dragonite (pokemon names are never plural) trying to revenge kill Sneasler, and the boost to Shadow Claw is a big help against Gholdengo.

* **Stellar**: Tera Stellar is a great way to take advantage of Sneasler's diverse offensive options without losing its unique typing. With an Adamant nature, the one-time boost to Shadow Claw can lead to guarantees a 2HKO on maximum HP Gholdengo.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison is a situational option that gives Dire Claw a much-needed boost, and maintaining Sneasler's original Poison (remove hyphen) typing will let it absorb Toxic Spikes later if needed.

Abilities
========
* **Poison Touch**: Poison Touch gives Sneasler extra chances to cripple threats, especially when paired with Fake Out.

* **Unburden**: If wanting to maximize your chances of paralyzing or sleeping putting a target to sleep with Dire Claw, Unburden should be used over Poison Touch. The extra Speed can also be helpful, but Sneasler's Focus Sash is not always in danger of being used up consumed.

remember to re order the headers to match the information layout of the sample sets.
Overview
Other Options
Items
Abilities
EVs/natures
Tera Types

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)