Careful Nature
- Razor Shell
- Toxic / Facade
- Swords Dance
- Recover

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
===================

Snaelstrom, due to its high defenses and access to utility moves, is a good choice for a defensive utility Pokémon. Its access to Swords Dance, Facade, and Poison Heal is also beneficial as it allows it to turn into an offensive Pokémon despite not having much attack in the first place. Razor Shell one of its best Water STAB moves. Another option is Waterfall. Max HP and SpDef investment makes it a lot more tankier than it already is, allowing it to stay on the field for a long time if needed. Snaelstrom is weak to Electric, Rock, and Flying type attacks, making it vulnerable to Pokémon like Caribolt and Cawmodore. Equilibra is an example of a Pokémon that can back it up as its typing covers all of Snaelstrom's weaknesses. Equilibra also benefits from Snaelstrom as it also resists all of Equilibra's weaknesses.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Checks and Counters
===================

Physically Tanky Pokémon: Due to Snaelstrom's poor physical attack, it falters against Pokémon with high physical defense such as Cawmodore.

Grass Types: Despite being a Bug type, this sets lack of coverage against Grass types, such as Caribolt or Jumbao, forces it to either Toxic stall or switch out.

Electric Types: Being a relatively slow Pokémon, Snaelstrom can't stay in the field against an Electric type such as Caribolt or Plasmanta, even with boosts from Swords Dance.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: FYBIRR, 631256
- iQuality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Hi, please use this set instead:

Bulky Swords Dance (Snaelstrom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water / Fairy / Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Razor Shell
- Toxic / Facade
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Thanks!

Hi, please use this set instead:

Careful Nature
- Razor Shell
- Toxic / Facade
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Thanks!
Am I allowed to tweak it a tiny bit?
nvm

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
AMQC

Add
Remove
(Comment)

[SET]
Careful Nature
- Razor Shell
- Toxic / Facade
- Swords Dance
- Recover

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
===================

Snaelstrom, due to its high defenses and access to utility moves, is a good choice for a defensive utility Pokémon. Its access to Swords Dance, Facade, and Poison Heal is also beneficial as it allows it to turn into an offensive Pokémon despite not having much attack in the first place. Razor Shell one of its best Water STAB moves (Why?). Another option is Waterfall. Max HP and SpDef investment makes it a lot more tankier than it already is, allowing it to stay on the field for a long time if needed. (First sentence is not true, and the second sentence is redundant. Also, you to talk so more about the rest of its moves, and talk about the advantages of each Tera Type).

(Seperate into different paragraphs)

Snaelstrom is weak to Electric, Rock, and Flying type attacks, making it vulnerable to Pokémon like Caribolt and Venomicon Cawmodore. Equilibra is an example of a Pokémon that can back it up as its typing covers all of Snaelstrom's weaknesses. Equilibra also benefits from Snaelstrom as it also resists all of Equilibra's weaknesses. (This section is way too short. While I'm not expecting you to rewrite the LotR trilogy, I should expect to see more than just a single mon mentioned in teammates for a Pokemon when reading its analysis. To give an example, I recommend talking about how Snaelstrom needs support from hazard removers due to its rock weakness an inability to effectively hold boots, and list some different options for hazard removers that somebody could choose from).

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Checks and Counters
===================

**Water-immune Poison-types**: (Talk about how much Snaelstrom struggles against Mollux, Water Absorb Clodsire, and especially Plasmanta).

**Physically Bulky Tanky Pokémon**: Due to Snaelstrom's poor physical attack, it falters against Pokémon with high physical defense such as Corviknight Cawmodore.

Grass Types: Despite being a Bug type, this sets lack of coverage against Grass types, such as Caribolt or Jumbao, forces it to either Toxic stall or switch out. (Jumbao does a poor job at dealing with Snaelstrom imo, and Caribolt is already mentioned in the Electric-type section. I think you could get away with removing this section).

**Electric-tTypes**: Being a relatively slow Pokémon, Snaelstrom can't stay in the field against an Electric type such as Caribolt or Iron Hands Plasmanta, even with boosts from Swords Dance. (Plasmanta is pretty much the hardest counter to Snaelstrom that exists, I think it can be moved to its own section. Replaced it with Iron Hands for this one).

**Entry Hazards**: (Talk about how Snaelstrom gets worn down fairly easily by hazards).

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[FYBIRR, 631256]]
- iQuality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
I feel like this analysis needs a lot of work done to it, since it just comes across as unfinished at the moment. Don't take this as an official statement, as I'm not a QC member nor am I speaking on their behalf. This is just something that I observed when looking over this analysis and wanted to get off my chest.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
AMQC

Add
Remove
(Comment)

I feel like this analysis needs a lot of work done to it, since it just comes across as unfinished at the moment. Don't take this as an official statement, as I'm not a QC member nor am I speaking on their behalf. This is just something that I observed when looking over this analysis and wanted to get off my chest.
Since I am now a QC Member, this will be treated as official. I am not ready to sign off on giving this a check though. Please implement this and I will look it over again.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Hi there, we don't feel like this analysis will make it into GP by the time Pokemon Home drops so we're going to archive it for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)