Smogon's Relationship With Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I don't really know if this is too Smogon related to be on The Player, but I thought it was a good idea anyway.

I've had lots of experience writing articles, having written three analyses for Gen 6 now. Also I've amchecked 10+ analyses, so I'm pretty confident about my writing.

Basically, this article will explain how exactly Showdown works with Smogon, i.e. tiering, community etc. Personally I thought I'd be more into writing about the community, although I do understand the tiering system it's not really my thing. I'll leave it up to you guys if you think I should have a co-author write up that particular aspect. Anyway, I thought I'd kind of set it out like:

Introduction

(talking about how exactly Smogon is tied with PS, e.g. tiering, forums etc. but not exactly go into too much detail.)

Community

(Talking about the community, stuff like the PS subforum, users etc.)

Tiering

(This is the part that I think I may need a co-author in. I mean, I can write about it, and I understand it, but it kind of isn't my thing. I thought though, that this part could simply be about how Pokemon tiering is decided on Smogon then implemented onto PS).

Conclusion

(Basically just going over everything we've said and concluding the article :])

Hope you take this idea into consideration, and thanks for reading~

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Showdown is Smogon's official battle simulator and that's about all. Any article that touches on integrating with Smogon should be strictly about how Showdown fits as an outlet for Smogon's Mentorship Program, and apart from that, we'd like to keep the simulator as the primary focus in The Player.

• We currently do not have a Mentoring room to support an article that highlights this connection.
  • There is already an approved article here on tiering and Showdown's side of it.

I would not be opposed to an article that talks about things to do in the Pokemon Showdown subforum on Smogon, such as Scavenger hunts and Art contests; these are great ideas, but I don't think the other stuff is ideal for the reasons above. You'll have to wait for a mod of The Player to approve this, but that's my take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)