Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament VII - Playoffs (Swiss) Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium)

This playoff bracket will start as a swiss tournament. As such, you continue playing in this stage until you have won or lost three matches in the playoffs stage.

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SS OU rules apply.

Round 2

1-0
SoulWind  vs  zugubu royale
Separation  vs  Giannis Antetokommo-o
Ox the Fox  vs  Juuls
Lopunny Kicks  vs  Tricking
Sagiri  vs  haxrme
Tace  vs  Luthier
Chaitanya  vs  John W
Pierrick  vs  Empo

0-1
volcanionisgood  vs  Sacri'
Storm Zone  vs  Quartosa
Eo Ut Mortus  vs  Misterioussaint
Grandmaster Thug  vs  imjustgray
Stareal  vs  Dflo
Corazan  vs  mncmt
egalvanc  vs  Zesty43
beatiful  vs  ABR

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate.

Deadline
Sunday, September 20th @ 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
10/14 last time :afrostar:

SoulWind vs zugubu royale - SoulWind is somehow doing very well in every official tournament at the same time, so it's hard to bold against him.
Separation vs Giannis Antetokommo-o - Going with Separation because beating mncmt is no easy feat and he brought some interesting techs in doing so.
Ox the Fox vs Juuls - Cool matchup since I'm pretty sure both have topped the ladder at one point or another, going with Ox because from what I've seen I just think he's solid both in the game and in the builder.
Lopunny Kicks vs Tricking - This Italian showdown is the highlight of the round for me. Both are top players, but I'll give a slight edge to Tricking because of his undefeated WCoP run.
Sagiri vs haxrme - I like Sagiri and both seem fairly even to me, but my gut says to bold haxrme since beating beatiful is pretty impressive to me.
Tace vs Luthier - Tace has much more OU experience and has been doing consistently well lately.
Chaitanya vs John W - Chaitanya did beat ABR and I think he's quite good, but I believe John has shown enough expertise in this tier to be able to take this one.
Pierrick vs Empo - Pierrick's series against egalvanc was something else. Going with Empo because his results speak for himself.

volcanionisgood vs Sacri' - volcanionisgood is good, but I think Sacri' is on another level thanks to his tournament experience.
Storm Zone vs Quartosa - After watching Storm Zone beat down Star with Focus Punch Marowak in Snake, I think he's got a chance against anyone as long as his techs land.
Eo Ut Mortus vs Misterioussaint - Eo is great and has the tournament experience to back it up.
Grandmaster Thug vs imjustgray - Very hard to predict, going with Thug because he brings very sound teams and seems to pilot them well.
Stareal vs Dflo - Gut feeling says to bold Stareal since I've been pretty impressed with his ladder runs.
Corazan vs mncmt - Another hard one to predict, mncmt has the results but has shown some weaknesses lately, though I'm still giving him theslight edge based on his amazing OST performance.
egalvanc vs Zesty43 - Zesty has brought some cool techs, but I think egalvanc will take this one very seriously after his round 1 series.
beatiful vs ABR - Again, I think bea is solid, but ABR is still ABR.

SoulWind vs zugubu royale: Zugubu Royale is a really awesome player in gen 8, cool olt run and won me a series against me in 3 in other olt. Sw is Sw but I think that could lose. Really even series anyway

Separation vs Giannis Antetokommo-o
Separation shows great level during the ladder and the round 1, but gianis is tough. However my intuition said that separation will win these in 3z

Ox the Fox vs Juuls. An offense lover like me, with a great skill, nothing more to Say. Go Foxy

Lopunny Kicks vs Tricking. Tricking is always the goat but I respect a lot Lopunny Kicks

Sagiri vs haxrme. I wish a W of Sagiri but haxrme for me is a top 5 player in these tour. Gl to both. Manololt needs good builds and be more focus these round if he wants to be the Spanish sensation

Tace vs Luthier - Tace has much more OU experience and has been doing consistently well lately.

Chaitanya vs John W - Chait is the type of player that could you predict insane turns, John putas is so solid dude but chait for me is a beast.

Pierrick vs Empo. Empo is the type of player that I admire, agressive without grave mistakes, I expect a big W due to average pierrick level and lucky series against my mate Egalvansee

volcanionisgood vs Sacri. I like both players but sacri have more experienced.

Storm Zone vs Quartosa - After watching Their Chokes in g3, Storm zone non extra quiver And Insane Quartosa Switching togekiss +2 vs 78% Reuniclus LOL. Is difficult to Preddict the result. Something in quartos favour is the tb selection I love their 3 teams in R1. However storm zone for me is more skillful and is my bet for this series.

Eo Ut Mortus vs Misterioussaint - Eo is great and has the tournament experience to back it up.

Grandmaster Thug vs imjustgray. He is good, I thing that could win this, he lost vs tricking like me the last year but the comeback is coming. Gl gray

Stareal vs Dflo. Stareal is so solid and I enjoyed a lot their ladder run, I think that he have more chances than Dragonflo. Although DFLO will have a shot due to always use nice teams.

Corazan vs mncmt. I support mncmt against a staller and a person that insult me and call me random in a conversation in the chat when I got qualify olt last year and I did 4 cycles over 1950s these year. I hope the karma goes against corazan. Mncmt need to prepare really well the fat and stall match up. Corazan as a player is good obvious but mncmt have the skill for win this.

egalvanc vs Zesty43. Take care against these guy he plays like a maniac but sometimes is unstoppable. This series will be beautiful to watch. Please Egal no random teams, only cool techs and solid builds.

beatiful vs ABR. the best gen of Bea of all time. ABR is a god but Bea can win these. 50/50 series.

Last edited:

Kenix

World Defender
Soulwind vs Zugubu royale
Separation vs  Giannis Antetokommo-o
Ox the fox vs  Juuls
Lopunny Kicks vs  Tricking
Manolo
 vs  Haxrme
Tace vs  Luthier
Chaitanya vs  John W
Pierrick vs  Empo

Volcanionisgood  vs  Sacri'
Storm Zone
 vs  Quartosa
Eo ut mortus vs  Misterioussaint
Grandmaster Thug  vs  Imjustgray
Stareal vs  Dflo
Corazan  vs  Mncmt
Egalvanc vs  Zesty43
Betiful
 vs  ABR

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I enjoy Storm Zone’s playstyle and teambuilding, so looking forward to seeing more heat from him.

How SoulWind is able to do well in virtually every tournaments simultaneously is beyond any normal person’s comprehension.

Must be nice to be one of those people who don’t have to work for a living with bills to pay and cats to feed. Adulting sucks!

Corazan

Crystal
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
SoulWind vs zugubu royale: Zugubu Royale is a really awesome player in gen 8, cool olt run and won me a series against me in 3 in other olt. Sw is Sw but I think that could lose. Really even series anyway

Separation vs Giannis Antetokommo-o
Separation shows great level during the ladder and the round 1, but gianis is tough. However my intuition said that separation will win these in 3z

Ox the Fox vs Juuls. An offense lover like me, with a great skill, nothing more to Say. Go Foxy

Lopunny Kicks vs Tricking. Tricking is always the goat but I respect a lot Lopunny Kicks

Sagiri vs haxrme. I wish a W of Sagiri but haxrme for me is a top 5 player in these tour. Gl to both. Manololt needs good builds and be more focus these round if he wants to be the Spanish sensation

Chaitanya vs John W - Chait is the type of player that could you predict insane turns, John putas is so solid dude but chait for me is a beast.

Pierrick vs Empo. Empo is the type of player that I admire, agressive without grave mistakes, I expect a big W due to average pierrick level and lucky series against my mate Egalvansee

volcanionisgood vs Sacri. I like both players but sacri have more experienced.

Storm Zone vs Quartosa - After watching Their Chokes in g3, Storm zone non extra quiver And Insane Quartosa Switching togekiss +2 vs 78% Reuniclus LOL. Is difficult to Preddict the result. Something in quartos favour is the tb selection I love their 3 teams in R1. However storm zone for me is more skillful and is my bet for this series.

Grandmaster Thug vs imjustgray. He is good, I thing that could win this, he lost vs tricking like me the last year but the comeback is coming. Gl gray

Stareal vs Dflo. Stareal is so solid and I enjoyed a lot their ladder run, I think that he have more chances than Dragonflo. Although DFLO will have a shot due to always use nice teams.

Corazan vs mncmt. I support mncmt against a staller and a person that insult me and call me random in a conversation in the chat when I got qualify olt last year and I did 4 cycles over 1950s these year. I hope the karma goes against corazan. Mncmt need to prepare really well the fat and stall match up. Corazan as a player is good obvious but mncmt have the skill for win this.

egalvanc vs Zesty43. Take care against these guy he plays like a maniac but sometimes is unstoppable. This series will be beautiful to watch. Please Egal no random teams, only cool techs and solid builds.

beatiful vs ABR. the best gen of Bea of all time. ABR is a god but Bea can win these. 50/50 series.
Alright I planned to ignore this but since im seeing this in every discord im in I wanted to answer even if Ik its not the right thing to do so sorry for that.
You felt attacked for nothing when I told you that being rewarded while you played bad was whack + gg and nothing more, since then you've been calling me a trash talker and rooting against me in every game saying stuff like "HUMILIADO AL TRASH TALKER DE CORAZAN" LOL at first it was funny but then I got mad once and told you "idk why you're doing this" and yes calling you a random. Im sorry again if you felt offended but im conviced you and EGC are just brainless and god know how nice I am to people here, If I call you that, thats for a reason so please do not make me looking like the bad guy.
We can talk about this on discord man if you feel like doing it (Corazan#2899).. but yea
edit : also skarm bliss doesnt necessarily mean stall, esp in this meta

Alright I planned to ignore this but since im seeing this in every discord im in I wanted to answer even if Ik its not the right thing to do so sorry for that.
You felt attacked for nothing when I told you that being rewarded while you played bad was whack + gg and nothing more, since then you've been calling me a trash talker and rooting against me in every game saying stuff like "HUMILIADO AL TRASH TALKER DE CORAZAN" LOL at first it was funny but then I got mad once and told you "idk why you're doing this" and yes calling you a random. Im sorry again if you felt offended but im conviced you and EGC are just brainless and god know how nice I am to people here, If I call you that, thats for a reason so please do not make me looking like the bad guy.
We can talk about this on discord man if you feel like doing it (Corazan#2899).. but yea
edit : also skarm bliss doesnt necessarily mean stall, esp in this meta
I taught you to play clown and you know it. Don't say I'm brainless, idiot. I hope we get to play. You won't stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)