Smogondex/Netbattledex coding suggestion!

Uh, i dont know where this goes so ima post it here..

Would it be feasible to implement a new coding system in the pokedexes that group pokemon according to the roles they play? Sorta like the way skills are matched to pokemon using the search function but instead like lets say "Special Sweeper" or "Physical Wall". This would be a GREAT help for newbies like me in building teams, for i find that i spend a lot of time fretting over a need for lets say a Wishpasser/staller but not knowing which poke or skill build i actually need. Or is it too much trouble?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I don't think so, because many Pokemon can be many different things; take Salamence for example. It can be a physical sweeper, a CBer, a special sweeper, or a supporter.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
I think this is a good idea too.

I don't think so, because many Pokemon can be many different things; take Salamence for example. It can be a physical sweeper, a CBer, a special sweeper, or a supporter.
Just allow a pokemon to be put in multiple categories with the moveset appropriate to that category listed.

It just adds more work to do. I mean, it comes to a point where it's not for convenience but just because you're lazy. As if having movesets already layed out for you is hard.

Dont take it the wrong way i do search for stuff. It just gets frustrating when i wanna know what a typical stall team looks like for example, and the only stallers i think i know about are sceptile and celebi and i dont even know if they go in the same team yet staller teams seem to be common knowledge.

Example: put a BP team together last night and it took me like 4 hours with all the pages and the searching for pokemon with BP+ XXX move or XXX stats, and im still not sure if i got the EV spreads right for the vague stuff like umbreon <_<

Except the times of teams consisting of "1 physical wall 1 special wall 1 sp sweeper" etc are long gone, so I doubt it'd be as useful as it sounds. Usually building teams is about countering any threat possible, or rather as much as possible, seeing as it's becoming rather difficult in DP with 400+ Pokemon.

And yeah, moving.

Towel, compiling a list of examples of each role on a single page would solve your problem in the same way, and that seems a lot more feasible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)