Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Water, Fairy, Ice
What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Hoenn
What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Dive
What is your favourite colour? : Green
Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Powerful
Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Hasty
Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Pokéball you dislike : Poison (I hate how it slowly but surely kill my mons in the early gens during walkthroughs)
Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Both
Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Indifferent, but please nothing offensive
Would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in SwSh, BDSP, or are you indifferent? : Indifferent
Would you prefer to/are you able to gift in SwSh only, BDSP only, or both/either? : SwSh as I dont have much resources in BDSP atm.
What is your IGN in Swsh/BDSP? If different, list both : Swsh (Alexander), BDSP (Alexandra)
Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Yes, but only in SwSh

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To be a substitute you need to copy and paste the code and fill it. Just make sure you say i am interested in being a substitute Santa.
And if you don't want to receive gifts, mention that also
It's all good, actually! Hare's post here is fine, and I'm happy to have them on-board as part of the substitute santa team :D
(It actually makes my life a little easier if people who are only signing up as substitutes don't fill out the form, as it's easier to differentiate them that way :0)

Also, apologies for the delay in updating the OP! Should be all good now, but I'll do another sweep through before signups close in around 72 hours just to double check I didn't miss anyone.

Last edited:
It's all good, actually! Hare's post here is fine, and I'm happy to have them on-board as part of the substitute santa team :D
(It actually makes my life a little easier if people who are only signing up as substitutes don't fill out the form, as it's easier to differentiate them that way :0)

Also, apologies for the delay in updating the OP! Should be all good now, but I'll do another sweep through before signups close in around 72 hours just to double check I didn't miss anyone.
Thanks for the info Lego,
I just wanted to make things formal but I like your choice. I will delete the message.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Alllllllllrighty, and just like that the signups are closed!!

The pairings have been randomly decided by moodE and will be sent out very shortly have all been sent out! So, please keep an eye on your forum PMs and remember to keep me updated! If you run into any problems, I can be easily reached here or in the Wifi Discord server, so just shoot me a message!

Above all else, happy hunting!

Last edited:

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Damn it's over....
Can I participate anyway?

I was so happy to do it last year ❤
So sorry! As much as I'd love to be able to accommodate you, all of the pairings have already been sent out, and people have started work on their gifts already (some have even finished!) so I can't just shuffle things up to add you :'(

If you'd like, I can sign you up as a substitute santa? You won't necessarily receive anything yourself, but if something comes up and somebody has to drop out for some reason, you might get a chance to step in with a gift as their replacement!

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Hello there!!

Merry Christmas from the future!

You've all been hard at work for the last two weeks preparing the perfect present for your partner, and I'm super proud of the effort that everybody has put in. All the gifts that I've seen so far have been incredibly thoughtful and absolutely amazing, and I so hope you love whatever it is that your partner has prepared for you!

Without further ado, here are the much anticipated pairings that you've all been waiting for! You have a week from now to organise a trade with them, if you run into any issues with that please let me know.

You're now free to post whatever it is that you gave/received right here in this thread so that we can all admire the hard work you've put in, or gush about how much you love what you received! If you have a story about obtaining your gift then please share that too (I've heard some great ones already haha!!). If you'd like to pick up your participation prize Delibird as mentioned in the OP (only in SwSh, sorry, the BDSP one never eventuated because I was too busy >_<) then please get in touch with me over Discord (LegoFigure11#1390) to arrange a time to pick him up.

I'd also like to take a moment to say some thanks! A huge great big thank you to everyone who signed up to be a Substitute Santa, in particular Max. Optimizer for some last-minute transfer and nickname help! While for the most part all of your services went unneeded, it was awesome to see so many of you band together and offer your support so that no one would miss out on receiving a gift. Thank you also to Eisenherz, Ullar, and TyVip - the previous hosts of Wi-Fi's Secret Santa who put down the groundwork for this fun and amazing experience you all took part in. Last, but certainly not least, thank you to everyone who signed up and prepared a gift to help spread some Christmas cheer around our community. You're all the best, and I hope you had some fun with this little exchange :D

Have a very Merry Christmas and stay safe this holiday season!
- Lego <3

Reveal time!!! Wild Eep

Ferrothorn
"The Beaming"
Impish | Iron Barbs | Ferrothorn (F) |

Solar Beam | Knock Off | Toxic | Leech Seed
OT: Mica | ID: 293249
10/31/0/27/30/14

Apologies for not being able to hand you your gift myself. You're an amazing guy and I'm very lucky to be able to call you a friend. The choice of Pokémon and ball are an acknowledgement to your favourites, I couldn't think of any other combination to better fit a christmas gift for you. The mark, Smiley, is a reference to your lasers both through how the Pokémon is smiling cuz of good dental hygiene (see here) and through the title, which reads "The Beaming" :ferrohacc:. To this purpose, Ferrothorn also knows Solar Beam to further increase its' laser energy, next to the EMs Toxic, Knock Off and Leech Seed (passed through daycare method). Her memory reads: "Ferrothorn went to a Pokémon Center with Mica to buy TR48s. The Pokémon remembers that it had some difficulty", asides from looking hacky as all hell (wild area vendors trigger the PC memory, you cant buy TRs in PCs but the vendors do sell them), it also mentions Bulk Up as a reference to ((WIDE EEP)) (see here and here). I have the fully proofed capture and tool screenshots that I'll share with you after this gift has been handed.

It is important to mention that Lego was the one who placed every ribbon on this dentist vegetable and helped out with the egg moves, effectively turning this girl into a combined effort gift. He received one finished parent from me and two others which needed some work. I became too burnt out after several RNG attempts (including one who exploded on me, see: here and here) so he was an inmense help with completing those. Thank you so much Lego for delivering this project, the Secret Santa organization and for all that you do.

VEGETABLES TOGETHER STRONG
\onion/\wild seed/\cabbage/
:cabbagenom:​

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11

Antoine
"The Recluse"
Jolly | Levitate | Lv. 100 Flygon (M) |

OT: Lego | ID: 073145
Outrage | Earthquake | Dragon Dance | Stone Edge
22/31/4/31/31/9
HP, Def, and Spe Hyper Trained

Ryuu Davin was sadly unable to complete their gift in time, so I subbed in for them to get Kinky Bunnelby their gift!
Kinky Bunnelby said that they liked Dragon-type Pokémon, the color green, Heavy Ball, and the Hoenn region. My first thoughts given this were Bagon, but sadly the Bagon line isn't available to catch in the wild in Shield, so I settled for the other quintessential green Hoenn Dragon, Flygon! This Flygon was RNG Abused by me at the Lake of Outrage, and acted as a test subject for Brilliant Aura RNG. Thanks to a stroke of genius from Max. Optimizer, he is nicknamed Antoine after Antoine de Saint Exupéry, a French aviator who crash-landed in a sandy desert wearing goggles, just like Flygon! On behalf of Ryuu Davin, I hope you like this gift!​

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Greetings everyone!

I also wanted to welcome the opportunity to wish all of my fellow Wi-Fiers and their loved ones a Merry Christmas time.
Above all, I genuinely hope that everyone and their families here continue to stay safe and healthy in these turbulent times.
Take care everybody, as I wish to keep seeing all of you around in good health and in good spirit.

I'm genuinely happy to see our community members gather like this every time with many new faces each year.
My thanks are graciously extended to all of the people that host and organize this event on an annual basis.

Let's keep this up for the new year that is just around the corner.
Let's keep up the cameraderie.
Let's keep making many new experiences and fond moments that we can treasure.

- MO

The Soaring Emerald Dragon With a Heart of Gold
A Secret Santa Gift Specially Prepared for WMAR

Neltharion the Living Legend

Lvl. 100 Salamence ♂

OT: Teresa | ID: 30071 | Method: Heart Gold (Safari Zone RNG)
Naive 29.26.27.27.31.31 [Ice]
Draco Meteor | Outrage | Fire Blast | Earthquake
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe

Neltharion the Earth-Warder is the former name of Deathwing the Destroyer and iconic dragon from the World of Warcraft series. It is said that he once gave up his title of earth-warder for that of destroyer once he was driven to anger by the Old Gods and forced to turn on his allies in the War of the Ancients, effectively becoming one of the greatest terrors of the known world.

This nickname was kindly suggested by Kanon.​

This Pokémon was chosen based on the combination of the following factors: one of their favorite types is Dragon, their favorite game is Heart Gold, their favorite color is Red, their Pokémon preference is Powerful, and their favorite Ball is Safari - all of which this Salamence fits almost to the letter. By extension, as Salamence does not appear in the wild in Shield, Heart Gold sufficed as a suitable replacement.

Neltharion... When I first heard this name, I didn't know what to think of it, but that had soon become evident following research into his lore, and good God—does this Pokémon fit the bill. Great mixed attacking stats backed by good Speed and access to Intimidate all shape him into a terrifying mixed sweeper capable of wall-breaking from both ends - and that, he has done, even in the modern Towers. As a bonus, this spread allowed him to have HP Ice which, while not too particularly useful, was the cherry on top. Ahh—if only I could have given him Hydro Pump...

I would like to apologize for not having been able to complete the Ribbons on Neltharion due to time constraints and focus on other projects at the time and hope the ones I've gathered will suffice. It was nevertheless an old treasure I enjoyed taking the time to spruce up, and hope you do just as well battling with him, too, wherever that may be.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

#554 Darumaka the Great Friend (♂)
Nature: Quiet | Ability: Hustle (HA)
IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
Moves: Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Overheat, Grass Knot
Egg Moves: Focus Punch, Extrasensory, Flame Wheel, Yawn
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
OT: Tate ID: 315220
Notes: Level 100, holding Rare Candy

Happy Holidays everyone!

My gift to Nol is a shiny Unovan Darumaka in a Heavy Ball that will evolve into a Zen Mode Darmanitan (since she said she liked Fire and Psychic types, Unova, and Heavy Balls). I kept it as a Darumaka since she prefers cute over powerful Pokemon, but it's holding a Rare Candy for ease of evolving.

All of everyone's gifts so far look amazing! Hope everyone is having a great holiday season :)

Last edited:
TyVip has received his gift so it's time for revelation.
"Kairen"
1640366212534.png
♀

Avélig | 932296
Bold - Water Absorb
31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Scald / Air Slash / Roost / Haze

Sprite for 'Alola Champion Ribbon'
Sprite for 'Best Friends Ribbon'
Sprite for 'Footprint Ribbon'
Sprite for 'Effort Ribbon'
Sprite for 'Battle Tree Great Ribbon'
Sprite for 'Battle Tree Master Ribbon'
Sprite for 'Battle Royal Master Ribbon'

When I saw TyVip’s post, at first glance, Umbreon was an appropriate pick. So appropriate that someone already gave him one last year. So I decided to start out with a shiny Mantine, which is, - even if it’s not black - from Johto, a Water type and Bold nature is the most used on it. Plus, I checked on his trade thread, and it’s visibly a Pokemon he didn’t had in his collection. Speaking of that, I saw by the nicknames he gives to his mons he likes One Piece, so I decided to name the Mantine after a One Piece character. Since all the frames I found led to a female Pokemon, I decided to name it Kairen, in reference to a One Piece mermaid (Fun fact, TyVip first thank it was in reference to Yu Yu Hakusho)

(P.S. I apologize for being too hasty and forgetting to teach her Defog, but you just have to wait until the compatibility of Pokemon HOME with BDSP for teaching it)

Last edited:
Alright Christian, I am proud to present to you, not one, but TWO lovely sea monsters, both RNGed by myself on emulator and transferred up to gen 8 legitimately thanks to some timely help from Xen, Lego, and Max. Optimizer. According to your form, you like Ice and Water types, and your favourite region is Kanto, so I decided to learn Gen 4 egg RNG in order to get you:

#131 | Lapras "Ogopogo" | (M)
Ability: Water Absorb | Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed | IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Moves: Perish Song | Icy Wind | Hydro Pump | Ice Beam
OT: Rin | ID: 42291 | Game: Soul Silver

Originally I was just going to do one gift for you, but after I brought Ogopogo up to SwSh I saw that even though I specifically took him to Fuschia city to hatch, his hatched region displayed as Johto instead of Kanto as I had hoped. I only had about 2 days but I really wanted to get something you'd love so I decided to go back and try again, this time getting a Milotic (which I believe to be one of your favourite Pokemon, please correct I am wrong) bred and hatched in FR/LG, your favourite games. It was a pretty challenging ordeal and I almost gave up, but with no small amount of help from Lego I managed to hatch:

#350 | Milotic "Selma" | (M)
Ability: Competitive | Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid | IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves: Recover | Icy Wind | Scald | Ice Beam
OT: Rain | ID: 52815 | Game: Leaf Green

I hope I correctly identified you as a lover of water-types, and so I named both of these after legendary sea monsters. Ogopogo is an urban legend here in my own country of Canada while Selma is a sea serpent from Norwegian legend. I put lots of hard work into this pair, so I sincerely hope you enjoy them! Just shoot me a message on Discord and I can send them over to you whenever. :)​

Last edited:
SpiritGuy fun fact it was Lego that write up the entry for me. I don't even read it until today!! It was really hard to not glance it at during the gift preparing time.

Level 1
Hasty Snom ♀
Alexander | 202020
31.31.31.31.31.31​

It's confirm I can see into the future :smogthink:
OML, I couldn't have asked for a better gift haha
I actually lost this shiny through a cloning mishap a while back
Thanks very much!!!

Kucaine received this egg and hatched it today with that beautiful ID. The pokemon is Green, Ice Type and hatched in a Dive Ball. I gave an egg instead of a pokemon is because of "The Unwrapping Present" experience on Christmas Day.

It's not from Unova, but it's red and cute and in a Premier Ball, I hope you like it :psyglad:

20211224_141637.jpg

20211224_141641.jpg

20211224_141646.jpg

20211224_141649.jpg

What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) :
Plant, Psychic, Electric
What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? :
So far I think it's Unova
What is your favourite type of Pokéball? :
I don't actually have one, there's so much to choose from! Tho if I were asked which I use the most, it'd be premier ball.
What is your favourite colour? :
Red
Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? :
I prefer cute ones, but I don't dislike powerful-looking ones either
Which Pokémon nature best describes you? :
Lax
Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Pokéball you dislike :
I HATE tyrogue
Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? :
Casually. Prefer to make my ideal collection.
Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? :
Yeah, it gives personality
Would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in SwSh, BDSP, or are you indifferent? :
I only have swsh as of now
Would you prefer to/are you able to gift in SwSh only, BDSP only, or both/either? :
Same as above
What is your IGN in Swsh/BDSP? If different, list both :
XPea
Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? :
I have terrible bad luck when it comes to getting sweet 'mons. Probably I'll barely get to give one to the person I'm paired. In other words, I'd like to say yes but I don't think it's a good idea so no.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici

#615. “Tyndall” (
)
Ø
OT: Christian | ID: 001337 | Alola (Sun)
Timid - Levitate
248 HP / 252 Spe / 8 Def
Defog | Freeze-Dry | Toxic | Recover

The nickname is a reference to John Tyndall, an Irish physicist who, in a 1872 experiment, explained how snowflakes molecules must bond to one another. A snowflake is built on a crystal structure in the form of a hexagonal prism: it has six-sided symmetry, but only in one plane. Snowflakes grow, as molecules are attracted to points and cusps -- not to flat edges. Thus, a kind of fractal growing and splitting spreads outward to give snowflakes their remarkable forms. This structure determines the exquisite beauty of snow.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#699. “Nutaryuk” (
) ♂
OT: Chris | ID: 420218 | Galar (Shield)
Modest - Snow Warning (HA)
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
Blizzard | Freeze-Dry | Earth Power | Ancient Power

Among the fifty Inuit words for snow, Nutaryuk means "fresh snow".

These are the gifts for Bluepanther512! Their favourite colour is Blue, their favourite Pokéball is Moon, and their favourite Pokémon regions are Kanto and Galar. I thought gifting a Shiny blue Cryogonal and Aurorus would be a good choice and they also fit with the current winter season :). Hopefully they are happy with these gifts!

Buon Natale and Happy holidays everyone!

-Christian

Last edited:
⭐

#064/595 | Joltik "Gwendolyn" | (F)
Ability: Unnerve | Item: Eviolite
Nature: Brave | IVs: 31 | 5 | 31 | 4 | 22 |5
OT: Taylor | ID: 849696 | Game: Shield
Happy holidays all!

My gift to Lily! I did a lot of brain storming to find something that I thought you would really like and that brought me to this qt. Electric is one of your favorite types, Unova is your favorite region, Dream Ball is your favorite ball (mine too btw, excellent taste), and purple is one of your favorite colors, so when I saw Gwendolyn here with her beautiful, purple accents, I felt she fit the bill perfectly. I opted to leave her unribboned because I feel that could be a wonderful journey that you could embark on with Gwendolyn, and I wouldn't want to deprive you of it. The name Gwendolyn comes from Gwen Stacy from the Spider-Man mythos, which I thought was a great fit since Gwen is from New York and what is Unova based on? That's right, New York :) I really hope you like it. And Gwen here shares the same birth month as when Gwen Stacy first appeared in the comics in 1965.

Shout out to Lego and Rain Moon for the help! Thank you!

Last edited:
Mon prepared for Luxray the Stern:

Shiny Dracozolt (Alxasaurus)

Ability: Sand Rush
Naughty Nature
31/31/31/31/31/7 | SwSh Raid RNG
216 Atk / 48 SpA / 244 Spe | :life orb:
Bolt Beak / Earthquake / Draco Meteor / Fire Blast
OT: Alexander | ID: 202020 | Game: Sword

Rationale for choice of gift:

Right after seeing my partner’s favourite region is Orre, which is based on a desert, I knew I wanted to feature a mon that thrives in a desert. Basically, mons that have the ability like sand veil, sand rush, and sand force. Ultimately, I decided to prepare a BR mixed attacking Dracozolt set, as its one of the few sand team sweepers that make use of naughty nature, the nature that my partner finds most relatable to.

As for the ball choice, I chose heavy ball as I like how it emphasizes the ancient aspect of fossil mons in general, plus it matches really well with the color scheme of all the shiny galar fossils. I chose the nickname Alxasaurus as a reference to a type of dinosaur that lived in the Gobi Desert in prehistoric times. You should google it, Dracozolt actually bears an uncanny resemblance to how this dinosaur is thought to look. What's more interesting is that when Alxasaurus was first unearthed, it caused a lot of confusion among paleontologists as it has bones that appeared to have come from different meat and plant eating dinosaurs. This is much like how we have to use different fossils to revive Dracozolt.

Lastly, I would like to apologise for the missing master rank ribbon on this bad boi. I really tried the past few days, but lets just say the return of the dynamax meta in ranked has not been in my favour. Regardless, hope u like this gift I prepared.

Special thanks to Lego for helping me prepare this message, Anubis for the seed checking services to obtain this mon, and Luxray the Stern for giving me a shiny Marill in return during the trade. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Last edited:
PRESENTING Sephira's Zafkiel GIFT FOR
WIFI SECRET SANTA

General the Pikachu
:Nest Ball:
Ability: Static
Naive Nature
31/31/HT(17)/31/HT(12)/31 SOS Shiny Hunting
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe | :light ball:
Volt Tackle / Fake Out / Knock Off / Volt Switch
OT: WMAR ID: 773374
Man I was really hoping to get you a Shiny Breloom which i feel would be a much better gift but 2 unfortunate circumstances occured. 1 is that i was going to rng egg abuse but i keep getting the frames wrong somehow and 2, where would i trade since its not in Sword and Shield and idk how to rng abuse in BDSP at this point. I saw your description and thought the next best thing was a Pikachu with their favorite pokeball, the Nest Ball, but not just any. I made sure it was unique in a way to say that i still wanted this to be special. So I did it the random way so when i find it myself i would enjoy finding it which i did and i love finding it. I also gave it Knock Off, gen 7 tutor move and i gave it the egg move Fake Out using the gen 8 egg move transfer. I apologize for not being rng abuse heavy as i am still learning all things rng, I only mastered Raid Rng abuse. I hope you enjoy this beautiful gift. General is a special name for me as its an army reference, Pikachu being the General of the Pokemon Army, idk i think its cute

This experience felt rewarding to be able to bring joy into this Pokemon world. Pictures below is proof of the shiny find and giving it Knock Off. Thank you Lego for entrusting me with this task. Making and finding Pokemon for people feels rewarding and really opens a new door for me to be apart of this amazing Wifi Community. I hope i can do more of this as this was so much fun. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate and Happy Holidays

Attachments

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I caught this Pokémon as my Secret Santa gift for dr00 :

(Format blatantly stolen from Max. Optimizer)

(#121 Starmie - Sirius)
"the Shining Star"

OT: Peter | ID: 20004 | Route 47 (Johto - HeartGold)
Timid | Natural Cure | RNG: Method K
IVs: 31 | 12 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (HP Dragon)
EV'd: Hydro Pump, Psyshock, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
(Can remember the following additional TRs: Scald, Trick)
{252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky.

I wanted to catch something that lined up with a lot of dr00's likes. I quickly zeroed in on a Staryu caught in HG with a Moon Ball. My main HG save already had a trainer ID with the above spread shiny. I got the Sinnoh champion and Kalos champion ribbons to represent dr00's favorite regions, and the ORAS contest ribbons were prerequisites to get the cool title, since a shiny Starmie that's the shining star is just right.

This Staryu made a magical journey across seven games in primarily even generations:
HeartGold: RNG'd and captured in Moon Ball
Diamond: Sinnoh Champ ribbon (easier than Pt rematch)
Platinum: Snore move tutor (for using Rest/Snore combos in contests)
Black: Transferred so I can send it further with Poké Transporter
Y: EV trained, Kalos Champ Ribbon, reached level 100
Omega Ruby: Gained all ORAS contest ribbons (especially Contest Star), evolved into Starmie
Sword: Battle Ready, given Dynamax Candies and TRs, given Life Orb to hold

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the star of the show, dr00!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)