Sticky Smogon Sprite Project

G.E.Z.

formerly Grand Emperor of Zelron
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Hello, I noticed the gen5-shiny Greedent sprite looks kinda odd and not at all like the regular sprite. Is there any info if this will be fixed or if it's intended? Same thing happens with Coalossoal's shiny
Would you mind clarifying what you mean? Because the shinies are just recolours of the front sprites. There shouldn't be any differences besides colour.

Would you mind clarifying what you mean? Because the shinies are just recolours of the front sprites. There shouldn't be any differences besides colour.
Sprite of coalossal in gen 5 sprite folder looks like this
1678736842351.png

Meanwhile sprite in gen 5 shiny folder looks like this
1678736858508.png

Same thing for Greedent
1678736886695.png
(gen 5 folder)
1678736896101.png
(gen 5 shiny folder)
Also, galarian yamask is not shiny in the gen 5 shiny folder
1678736928462.png
(gen 5 folder)
1678736915301.png
(gen 5 shiny folder)

G.E.Z.

formerly Grand Emperor of Zelron
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Sprite of coalossal in gen 5 sprite folder looks like this
View attachment 499706
Meanwhile sprite in gen 5 shiny folder looks like this
View attachment 499707
Same thing for Greedent
View attachment 499708(gen 5 folder)
View attachment 499709(gen 5 shiny folder)
Also, galarian yamask is not shiny in the gen 5 shiny folder
View attachment 499711(gen 5 folder)View attachment 499710(gen 5 shiny folder)
I'm sorry, but where are you looking to find these? Our main spreadsheet doesn't have any Switch-styled icons like you've shown here.
Okay, so I checked and you're on about the sprites on Showdown. I'll double check with the guy who implements our sprites into showdown, since we have already made shiny sprites for those Pokémon as evidenced by our spreadsheet.

Sorry for asking but I was just wondering how much time is there usually between updates for the spreadsheet?

And will you include sprites for the 5 new DLC pokémon (with placeholder shinies) or you're going to wait until their shiny colors are revealed to add them?

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
Sorry for asking but I was just wondering how much time is there usually between updates for the spreadsheet?

And will you include sprites for the 5 new DLC pokémon (with placeholder shinies) or you're going to wait until their shiny colors are revealed to add them?
While there are plans to do the stuff shown off in the DLC I don't believe it's within this project's scope to do placeholder shinies.

Hey, apologies if this isn't the right place but I was just wondering where I could find the new gen 9 icon sprites? I really love the work the artists did with them and would love to use them for one of my spreadsheets. I couldn't find them on the finished Gen 9 sprite spreadsheet but I wasn't sure if I was even looking in the right place.

I think the backlash over the new sprites seen on twitter might be caused by the icons having fully solid black borders which make them standout when compared to past gen icon sprites. If a softer gray was used, as well as shading consistently with icon colors, it would probably look more natural.

uppa

heart with a glass door
is a Top Artist
Please add more game sprites avatars. Examples include Orange Islands' Champion, Drake; Pokemon ranger Lunick, etc. For example you can be trainer (detective?) pikachu or mewtwo as well. Please reply asap. It would be awesome to use more avatars.
This is not handled by this project. Custom avatars are usually earned by placing in tournaments.

I can't wait to see this project complete! I'm working on my very own personal Pokemon sprite rosters for certain trainers from the anime, for who I am giving in my fanfics!

uppa

heart with a glass door
is a Top Artist
have slither wing, flutter mane and some other paradoxes been posted here yet (or been made)?
Many sprites have progress done on them. The process for quality controlling all sprites and making sure they live up to the standard of official sprites can take some time. Sprites are always being worked on, but updates are posted somewhat infrequently to make for more substantial updates (not forcing the devs to implement something every few days).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)