Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2009

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lets see... we banned Gallade in UU due to his offensive prowess. Heracross is even more powerful than Gallade, due to the 5 extra speed and STAB Megahorn. And unlike Gallade, he loves to be burnt. He also has excellent coverage. AND Swords Dance - the thing that really got Gallade banned. So if we banned Gallade, I really don't see Heracross staying in UU for long, if it even gets there.

Cresselia would be GOD in UU. No Tyranitar/Scizor to ruin its walling(although Scyther might plough through it). I only really see Mismagius setting up on it.

I don't think it would be that bad. Nidoqueen also stops it with only strange Earthquake hitting super-effective. Dusclops would be ok as a check only fearing CB Nigh Slash. Also Max HP/Max Def Gligar can't be 2OHKOed by CB Stone Edge.
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Adamant / Jolly
Guts

~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Megahorn / Night Slash
~ Facade

Good luck stall. Heracross would be interesting in UU to say the least, but Erazor makes a legitimate point that it is unlikely to be any less threatening than Gallade (an excellent BL reference) despite their differences.

c) Cresselia and Heracross really close to UU. I think Heracross is ok, but I see Cresselia being BL really fast. Her defences are really Lugia-like and with only few strong Dark, Ghost and Bug type attackers Cressy for me would make UU-stall really annoying.
Interesting to note that Cresselia would be the first to be banned in UU under the Defensive Characteristic should it happen, unless it is her support options(?) that make her BL. Nevertheless, Cresselia would be noteworthy as a near 100% Blaziken-proof stall member.

I think you're all going a little over the top about heracross and cressilia going in to UU. I would just like to throw it out that since UU is already way to hectic, and hercross and cressilia would just make the process even more labourous, I encourage everyone to make teams with things like hera and cress in them. I always spend the last few days of the month using these pokes that are threatened to go into UU. You'd be surprised how many people fall to hera or can't break cress.

I think you're all going a little over the top about heracross and cressilia going in to UU. I would just like to throw it out that since UU is already way to hectic, and hercross and cressilia would just make the process even more labourous, I encourage everyone to make teams with things like hera and cress in them. I always spend the last few days of the month using these pokes that are threatened to go into UU. You'd be surprised how many people fall to hera or can't break cress.
People aren't going to change their OU teams to include what are probably inferior choices just to keep Cresselia and Heracross out of OU. The vast majority of OU players just care about winning, winning, winning and would never agree to something like this just to keep UU stable. If a Pokemon isn't good enough to make OU, then why should it undeservedly be OU?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If certain Pokemon are too good for UU, they can always be put in BL. That's why there's a BL list after all. So don't worry if Salamence is used too little as to go to UU, guys.

I can only imagine they are 252 Def/252 Sp.Def. Which is of course backing up the claim it is incredibly stupid. I guess people see 405/405 Max stats and can't help themselves

I guess people just have to realize how damage is calculated as well as how to maximize area given a perimeter. Given those things, 252 HP should be painfully obvious.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actually, all people have to realise is that if you have a rectangle with a fixed perimeter, the rectangle would increase in area when the length of its sides are nearer and nearer to each other, and that its maximum area would happen when the sides are equal (i.e. becomes a square).

The same exact thing happens when you are distributing HP and Def/SpD EVs to a Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)