Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - June 2009

My Opinions on the pending pokemon:

Cresselia: Never UU, Please. IMO its somewhat broken in OU. Just imagine trying to take that thing down with a UU pokemon. Especially since it has Reliable healing in UU.
Dragonite: Not UU, never. Although it is outclassed in OU it is far too good for UU
Less used rotom forms: The only reason they are not used much in OU is becuase they are outclasses by their other forms. Too good for UU
Donphan: Could be non-broken in UU but I would have to say it needs some testing
Dugtrio: UU material IMO
Alakazam:OU definetly
Rhyperior: too good for UU. Could go to BL
Umbreon: Not broken in UU, should stay in UU
Porygon2: Stays in UU, the UU metagame would be far too restricted without it
I'm not sure if you grasp how the process works. The tiering is based on usage. The top 50 or so Non-Über Pokemon make up what is OU. So recently, when the use of Donphan and Dugtrio were in decline, they weren't used enough and were made UU. Similarly, if previously UU pokemon are used enough, they get bumped up. Neither of these statistics is directly referencing the abstract power of said pokemon, just how much people use them. If something too good for UU isn't used enough in OU, a testing process will occur and it may be placed in BL. This is similar to how something is made Uber. Tiering is not based directly on power.

| Gyarados | Nature | Adamant | 65.2 |

wow when will people start realizing that adamant has no chance of outspeeding jolteon even with 1 DD, or scarf gengar with 2... jolly can out run more stuff like

| Heatran | Item | Choice Scarf | 50.5 |

| Gyarados | Nature | Adamant | 65.2 |

wow when will people start realizing that adamant has no chance of outspeeding jolteon even with 1 DD, or scarf gengar with 2... jolly can out run more stuff like

| Heatran | Item | Choice Scarf | 50.5 |
Jolly is probably a better nature if you're using LO as your item. with lefties the power loss is very noticeable.

Im surprised every month how people still arent using as much scizor counters with him running around at most used pokemon every month
magnezone 29? why?

Im surprised every month how people still arent using as much scizor counters with him running around at most used pokemon every month
magnezone 29? why?
Because there are more ways to countering Scizor then Magnezone?

Gyarados and Heatran do a good job, and they're in the top 5.

| 2 | Mamoswine | 846 | 7.96 |
| 3 | Bronzong | 812 | 7.64 |
For suspect leads... I wonder why [/sarcasm]

Obviously Shaymin-S and Garchomp are enough to make a great alternation of the Metagame.

And U-Turn. Magnezone is better revenge killing Scizor than countering it.
I am in agreement with you here, supperpower can really hurt.

Nice to umbreon in ou it's a great latias counter too bad there is also luke and scizor.

porygon z is getting more usage than alakazam I wonder why?

porygon z is getting more usage than alakazam I wonder why?
Porygon-Z's main use is its Scarf set, which Alakazam is generally incapable of sweeping at all these days, considering its fragility.

Alakazam, from what I've seen these days, is used mainly for Tricking Specs/Scarf around.

I'm actually quite surprised people are still using Alakazam w/ Life Orb. It just seems like there's so many other options for that job...

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Cresselia: Never UU, Please. IMO its somewhat broken in OU. Just imagine trying to take that thing down with a UU pokemon. Especially since it has Reliable healing in UU.
Dragonite: Not UU, never. Although it is outclassed in OU it is far too good for UU
Less used rotom forms: The only reason they are not used much in OU is becuase they are outclasses by their other forms. Too good for UU
Donphan: Could be non-broken in UU but I would have to say it needs some testing
Pending Pokemon? What? Cresselia being somewhat broken in OU? What?

Anyway, your post shows that you don't know how tiering is done, so please check how the tiering is done here: http://www.smogon.com/articles/tiers

I agree for all of them besides Rhyperior. How is Rhyperior too good for UU?

I remember playing UU with all non-OU Pokemon a little while before Smogon officially did it, so Pokemon such as Rhyperior, Empoleon and Flygon were allowed (because they used to be BL), and, to be honest, they weren't that amazing.

Obviously things have changed. There's no Froslass, Raikou, Staraptor, etc, like there was when I first played UU, and now there's Pokemon such as Roserade, Milotic, Spiritomb, Donphan and Dugtrio in the tier that weren't present back before Rhyperior was OU, but from my experience, Rhyperior wasn't that good. He's only slightly better than Rhydon.

I remember playing UU with all non-OU Pokemon a little while before Smogon officially did it, so Pokemon such as Rhyperior, Empoleon and Flygon were allowed (because they used to be BL), and, to be honest, they weren't that amazing.

Obviously things have changed. There's no Froslass, Raikou, Staraptor, etc, like there was when I first played UU, and now there's Pokemon such as Roserade, Milotic, Spiritomb, Donphan and Dugtrio in the tier that weren't present back before Rhyperior was OU, but from my experience, Rhyperior wasn't that good. He's only slightly better than Rhydon.

What about solid rock? and much better defenses?

What about solid rock? and much better defenses?
Rhydon's defenses are 105/120/45, and Rhyperior's are 115/130/55. It's got 10 extra points in each of its defensive stats.

Rhydon and Rhyperior have exactly the same Speed, and Rhyperior has an extra 10 points in Attack.

Rhyperior has Solid Rock, whilst Rhydon takes no recoil from Double-Edge.

Obviously, Rhyperior is better than Rhydon, but is it THAT much better?

What can Rhyperior OHKO that Rhydon can't? Not much, I suspect. There is nothing Rhyperior outspeeds that Rhydon can't.

Defensively, this is a different story. Rhyperior's ability, coupled with its slightly higher defense stats can sometimes allow Rhyperior to stay in a turn longer than Rhydon, but, again, sometimes, it doesn't make a difference.

Last month, Rhydon got 911 usages in UU. It ranked 108th.

Rhyperior does have advantages, but are they really so significant that Rhyperior can make, say, the top 10? Will Rhyperior's Solid Rock and its slightly higher defensive stats and Attack get it an extra 8,000 usages a month than Rhydon is getting?

I can't see it happening. If it does happen, Rhydon is being underestimated imo.

What does Rhydon have over Rhyperior? I guess only no-recoil Double Edge. Is it worth using Rhydon over Rhyperior just because of that? Why would you use a worse Pokemon when it's evolution is better?

I don't know - there's also the fact that when it hits UU, everyone will use it at first, just because it fell into UU.

What does Rhydon have over Rhyperior? I guess only no-recoil Double Edge. Is it worth using Rhydon over Rhyperior just because of that? Why would you use a worse Pokemon when it's evolution is better?
You missed the point of the argument.

In retort to claims that Rhyperior would be broken in UU, it is noted that the differences between the two are actually not all that significant. Therefore the claim from theorymon that Rhyperior would break UU whilst Rhydon isn't even deemed worthy of UU status seems rather outlandish.

Dragonite is amazing.
He may seem to be outclassed by Mence often but that's like saying rank 2 individual sucks because he's not the best while being good enough to be rank 2. Anyhow...Bulky DDNite and YachDDNite (offensive) are awesome especially with LS and steels gone

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've actualy seen Dugtrio usage help check the omnipresence of Roserade and (to a lesser extent) Regis. Sure, you're gonna get screwed by a Scarf set that switches in (why it would I have no idea), but you're stopping the Scizor of UU very effectively.

Donphan, not so much. He adds to the small list of Rapid Spinners and can take out Altaria with Ice Shard, but that's about it. I could see it falling very, very low in usage.

I've actualy seen Dugtrio usage help check the omnipresence of Roserade and (to a lesser extent) Regis. Sure, you're gonna get screwed by a Scarf set that switches in (why it would I have no idea), but you're stopping the Scizor of UU very effectively.

Donphan, not so much. He adds to the small list of Rapid Spinners and can take out Altaria with Ice Shard, but that's about it. I could see it falling very, very low in usage.
That's odd, cause I run both Roserade and Registeel (and Steelix actually) on my team and Dugtrio hasn't been a threat at all. All it usually ends up doing is coming in and dealing half damage to my Steelix and then dies.

Donphan has been underwhelming too, but I want to try him. He seems like he has potential, and he can also be good competition with Nidoqueen for a SR user and rock resist on a hail team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)