Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - February 2009

Damn, Scizor percentage shot! @_@

Flygon is fallin', Latias is ballin'. Electivire fell a spot =[ (damn Latias)

Thanks a billion Doug.

The Latis aren't slowing Infernape down at all. However, since they were introduced, more and more Napes are going physical. U-turn is an awesome move on Infernape for ruining their switch ins.

Gyarados EV spreads are becoming more and more varied. As the game becomes more bulky offensive, Gyarados is going more defensive.

Fuck Metagross.

Thank you so much Doug!

The Latis aren't slowing Infernape down at all. However, since they were introduced, more and more Napes are going physical. U-turn is an awesome move on Infernape for ruining their switch
Gotta agree with this. On both the Suspect and Standard ladders I've seen a lot more Swords Dance Infernapes being used.

Put the Rotoms together and you get 54278 usages, which puts Rotom-A at number 13 between Lucario and Zapdos.

I'm glad to see Infernape still kick it but sad to see Porygon2 fall back again. =(

Thanks a lot, Doug.

lol. Just realized, last month's stas said Porygon 2 was OU. This month's stats say it's NU.

I wonder what tier it'll actually end up in when the April lists are done!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
kd24 said:
Choice Band Scizor is literally everywhere lol, which brings to question: Why wasn't CB U-Turn Scizor used much more often before Platinum? Bullet Punch is huge, but U-Turn is really the main move of the set imo and we did have Quick Attack back then.
I used it! The CB set was the main reason I was so adamant to have him on the offensive threat list like I said here a year or so ago - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1009838&postcount=133

It's interesting to see that Latias hasn't affected Infernape's usage yet although having said that over 25% of all 'Napes are leads now where Latias can't really stop him for carrying out his primary duty. Most decent Infernape teams prior to Latias' introduction carried a Pursuiter anyway so they should still be able to function I guess.

Kingdra is slowly creeping into the upper echelon of OU which is probably because of his ability to combat the 'Triple Dragon, Triple Steel' teams quite well.

Metagross being the most common lead by such a huge margin is no surprise. 40% of ALL Metagross used Stealth Rock. :o

Thanks for these Doug!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wow. Is Scizor climbing higher or Salamence falling? Scizor nearly accounts for a third of the metagame, and Doug's stats don't lie, and Salamence was almost equal to Scizor last month.

In any case, praise Doug, he is our lord, and all that.

I think people realized Salamence was constantly getting forced out by Scizor, forcing him to take SR damage again and again.

The top 10 usages on the OU ladder do not surprise me. Infernape still going strong, that's good to see. Metagross Lead usage is a whole 10,030 more than rank 2, which happens to be Azelf. It doesn't surprise me, but it's shocking to see such a large gap between #1 and #2. Same with the usage between Mence and Scizor.

Anyway good job getting these up so promptly, it's always welcoming to see how each month's usage progresses.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I may not play OU, but seriously people
| Scizor | HP EV | Max | 20.8 |
I know it doesn't matter much but STOP DOING THIS! 344 HP is a Stealth Rock/Leech Seed number. Considering that SR is a typical battle condition, that one extra HP is nullified when Scizor switches in, and when Scizor switches in again later it's one HP behind than when it has 343 HP.

haunter

Banned deucer.
The fact that scizor, metagross, tyranitar and blissey are steadily in the top 10, makes me even more convinced that latias is rightly OU and that latios would not be such a problem (should he become OU).

@Doug: only one word: magnificent!!! (I would be curious to know how much time this job did take).

Just encase anybody cares, I calculated the OUs of UU again, based solely on this month though. Again, it conists of the top 56 Pokemon, so Medicham, and everything above (i.e. Gardevoir, Charizard, Miltank, Sceptile, Electrode, Nidoqueen, Smeargle, Torterra, Weezing, etc.) are UU, and Mespirit, and everything else below (i.e. Regice, Jumpluff, Floatzel, Omastar, Scyther, Ninetales, Hitmonlee, Leafeon and Hippopotas) are NU.

NU certainly could be interesting. The fastest things there would be Floatzel, Sneasel and Persian if I know my stats right.

Obviously, we'll see what actually happens at the beginning of April when the NU ladder actually starts.

And Chansey usage in UU rose (not that it should come as a surprise to anybody obviously).

...so Donphan is finally not in the top 50, but epic fail for E-vire being above Mamo, Heracross, and Snorlax.
Oh, and good job Doug.

Just encase anybody cares, I calculated the OUs of UU again, based solely on this month though. Again, it conists of the top 56 Pokemon, so Medicham, and everything above (i.e. Gardevoir, Charizard, Miltank, Sceptile, Electrode, Nidoqueen, Smeargle, Torterra, Weezing, etc.) are UU, and Mespirit, and everything else below (i.e. Regice, Jumpluff, Floatzel, Omastar, Scyther, Ninetales, Hitmonlee, Leafeon and Hippopotas) are NU.
That's not what I got. I'm getting that the cutoff falls at 58, with Regice and Mesprit being the last pokemon in UU, and Jumpluff and Floatzel leading off NU.

That's not what I got. I'm getting that the cutoff falls at 58, with Regice and Mesprit being the last pokemon in UU, and Jumpluff and Floatzel leading off NU.
I got the usage cut-off point to be 1,803, which is between Medicham and Mespirit. Knowing me, I'm probably wrong, but I did this:

317,592*(1-0.5^0.05)/6

Can anyone see if I've made an obvious mistake or something? Or a 3rd person can try and see what they get.

I got the usage cut-off point to be 1,803, which is between Medicham and Mespirit. Knowing me, I'm probably wrong, but I did this:

317,592*(1-0.5^0.05)/6

Can anyone see if I've made an obvious mistake or something? Or a 3rd person can try and see what they get.
ah, nvm, I made a minor calculational error. I get 1803 now, too, meaning Mesprit barely misses UU.

For some reason I find the following quite interesting:

1 | Garchomp | 105070

Taken from the August 2008 statistics, which was Garchomp's final full month of play in OU.

1 | Scizor | 131744

Taken from February 2009.

Scizor had more usage then Garchomp did at the peak of his power heh.

Anyway, thanks again Doug. I always take stats into consideration when making my teams.

Edit: Forget this.

For some reason I find the following quite interesting:

1 | Garchomp | 105070

Taken from the August 2008 statistics, which was Garchomp's final full month of play in OU.

1 | Scizor | 131744

Taken from February 2009.

Scizor had more usage then Garchomp did at the peak of his power heh.

Anyway, thanks again Doug. I always take stats into consideration when making my teams.
Useage =/= Percent

Here is what you get when you take the total number of battles from each month.

105070/(160531*2) = 32.7257664% of teams had Garchomp

131744/(216126*2) = 30.4785172% of teams Have Scizor

When comparing different months, you need to look at percent, not total numbers

Edit: OH, and Obligatory Thanks DouG!

RB-G is right; there's obviously a difference in the number of players, so pure usage is nothing.

lol. Just realized, last month's stas said Porygon 2 was OU. This month's stats say it's NU.

I wonder what tier it'll actually end up in when the April lists are done!
From my understanding the statistics are weighted, meaning the most recent is the most important (March), while the least recent will have the least effect (January, when Porygon2 was gettin' up). So don't expect any miracles.

Thanks Mr. Doug.

Swords Dance Scizor has counters, but Yache Garchomp doesn't. Anyway, Scizor will be used a lot for a long time, although I think that it won't rise again its usage.

Again, good job as always Doug. Nothing else to say here ;).

Oh boy, UU looks totally different right now. Frossy 1st place (somehow I'm not surprised), Claydol 7th (6 places up, impressive :D) and probably most surprising Raikou 10th, when previously it was first. Really, UU changed so much that month, interesting ;).

In Ubers Groudon is second, another surprising thing. I saw more Groudons, but I never thought that it was enough for it to take 2nd place in Ubers. Dialga is 4th, but it's still high. Blissey gets popular (unfortunately, hate this pink blob :P), being the most used OU pokemon in Ubers (previously Scizor was the most popular OU pokemon in Ubers). Also seeing Parasect at 29 place and Quagsire at 38 (higher then not-that-useless Skarmory and Gengar is surprising). Yeah, UU in Ubers gets some love even more ;). It's good to see them in action there. Primeape dropped alot unfortunately in Ubers, I didn't expected it as it's really usefull there and being probably the best Darkrai counter is something that makes Primeape an interesting choice for any Ubers team. And with Scarf it has the fastest U-Turn in Ubers.

And Scizor hits magic 30%. Impressive. For me the only surprising thing in OU is 18th place of Bronzong, which is great check for both Salamence and Latias, so I think it's quite strange. But with all those Magnezones it's not easy to use this guy safely I guess.

I don't know how Umbreon could be used more then Porygon2 in OU. Both lose out to Scizor anyways. >.>

Great job Doug. Next month will be very interesting, with the UU suspects gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)