SS OU: SoulWind vs Yelodash
SM OU: Gondra vs Cicada
ORAS OU: jonfilch vs Sjneider
BW OU: watashi vs Hyogafodex
DPP OU: bruno vs Sakito
ADV OU: Sadlysius vs BIHI
GSC OU: ggggd vs Quartosa
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs Gefährlicher Random

Deadline will be February 26, 9:00 PM GMT-5.

Ever Grande BIGS (0) vs (0) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SV OU: Xrn vs Star
SV OU: BlazingDark vs elodin
SV OU: devin vs Isza
SV OU: IPF vs apologies
SS OU: Shafofficiel vs Leo
SM OU: Empo vs LittleBigPlanet2
ORAS OU: Spl4sh vs Chaitanya
BW OU: Monai vs Dark Eeveon
DPP OU: twash vs BKC
ADV OU: Hclat vs Jirachee
GSC OU: M Dragon vs RealJester
RBY OU: Mako vs reyscarface

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (0) vs (0) Alpha Ruiners

SV OU: talah vs CrashinBoomBang
SV OU: lax vs xavgb
SV OU: Savouras vs Booty
SV OU: 1 True Lycan vs Raptor
SS OU: Luigi vs Eternal Spirit
SM OU: Relous vs valuez
ORAS OU: Santu vs pj
BW OU: GaryTheGengar vs dice
DPP OU: SFG vs zf
ADV OU: ArcticBreeze vs mikmer
GSC OU: D4 Repertoire vs Siatam
RBY OU: Mana vs chuva de perereca

Circus Maximus Tigers (0) vs (0) Team Raiders

SV OU: TheFranklin vs Ash KetchumGamer
SV OU: Fc vs Kebab mlml
SV OU: Lily vs Baloor
SV OU: TPP vs DAHLI
SS OU: Finchinator vs Gtcha
SM OU: Ojama vs Skypenguin
ORAS OU: Seasons vs RaiZen1704
BW OU: BluBirD vs Jisoo
DPP OU: mael vs DeepBlueC
ADV OU: Altina vs McMeghan
GSC OU: Fear vs false
RBY OU: crucify vs Serpi

Congregation of the Classiest (0) vs (0) Cryonicles

SV OU: Garay oak vs TJ
SV OU: mncmt vs Vileman
SV OU: Lunala vs crying
SV OU: suapah vs ima
SS OU: MichaelderBeste2 vs clean
SM OU: emforbes vs Lusa
ORAS OU: Jytcampbell vs So Noisy
BW OU: Luthier vs -Tsunami-
DPP OU: Student of Sinnoh vs Kristyl
ADV OU: Triangles vs Golden Sun
GSC OU: Century Express vs Conflict
RBY OU: emma vs Hayburner

Stark Sharks (0) vs (0) Indie Scooters

SV OU: 3d vs Beraldo
SV OU: Nat vs Welli0u
SV OU: mind gaming vs Kate
SV OU: kythr vs GXE
SM OU: Gondra vs Cicada
BW OU: watashi vs Hyogafodex

Last edited by a moderator:
:Gardevoir: Bounty Update :Gardevoir:
Let’s hop right into the recap! Week 5’s Classiest vs Ruiners showdown was a competition of who could be the worse manager. While Amaranth’s excellent decisions of keeping Michael in the lineup, subbing Oipon back in, and starting Smogon G-leaguer Jytcampbell all panned out beautifully (pj, great work clocking Jyt, you didn’t choke), it was the Ruiners who walked away as the losers of the tie after blowing a 6-4 lead with a chance for the bounty on the line. The loss can be placed squarely on the shoulders of FlamingVictini, the forefront expert anti-fun, seriousness, and Smogon elitism. After passing mikmer and Raptor terrible teams, allowing Booty to touch the game, and not supporting njnp, Siatam, or Dice enough to win winnable games, he had to watch as his dear friend and cool person MANNAT lost out on the chance for money! FV — an inspiration to Hindus, Buddhists, Jainists, and Sikhs everywhere — was fortunately able to prove to them that the idea of karmic justice is real! As a result, the incredibly bailed-out Classiest live to see another day as a 2 loss team :(.
9DF6E642-822D-47B6-A520-11EEA181E2FC.jpeg

7A02EDD1-B133-4C7A-B437-9272963DBAB1.jpeg

shoutouts to Mr. Click for being cooler about the posts than FV despite being a target every week

Classiest Casualty of the week goes to chuva de perereca for proving the haters wrong and getting a tremendous victory over Disney World employee Nails. The Mickey Mouse RBY player had a cakewalk to 4-0 and even won a few games they maybe should not have, and chuva managed to bounce back from a week 4 loss to upend the then undefeated player. This is a massive development, and it was in 2 games, no less! As for Nails, it was refreshing to see you make like your real life fantasies and get absolutely dominated. The afterthought, however, was not as amusing. Nails, through tears in his eyes, wrote a gaudy manifesto to his team about how he was quitting mons after this loss, but Amaranth managed to convince him to stay. Props to chuva for bringing Nails to this point!

The Classiest have the good fortune of playing the 1-4 Cryos this week, who only won against week 4’s Scooters. Xray and August will have a hard time clawing their way back into playoff contention at this point, but perhaps winning this week 8-4 could be a good consolation prize, as it would put them in sole 1st place to claim the bounty. SMOU is the highlight this week, as Smogon tour thief Lusa hopes to reserve a table at Dorsia on Friday night for emforbes. Prediction: Lusa tosses emforbes despite not knowing how to enable a Smogon profile picture. Amaranth and his lackey made one (1) good managerial move this week! Oiponabys is back to bench quicker than Garay oak in bed, putting team-proclaimed 0 stamina DPP player Student of Sinnoh against 3-2 Kristyl. Kristyl, bring stall, as Student of Sinnoh — who famously was benched after a win — might not be able to play the whole game without needing a 1 week break! As for the other Cryos, the underhated Lunala — or as his tinder matches call him, Lu-nah-la — has to go against what his parents are doing when they catch him on Smogon in crying! Lunala managed to get away from the hate for quite a few weeks, but let’s take a look at his comparisons. Think, for a second: combine the people skills of Charmflash, the battling skills of MUDKIPFAN2009, physical resemblance to Callous, and huge sadness from having to watch Michaelderbeste play every week, and you get Lunala! What a shame! Luthier requires a crit like Sensei axew requires a shower, so the Classiest decided he may be better off in the BS tier against piggyback ride enthusiast Tsunami! Make sure to only write hf instead of glhf!

Message sent on April 1st, 9:53 AM
Hayburner is having quite the impressive season!

Hopefully, despite this, he can shellack Nails, who annoys me. Mr. Click has a cakewalk opponent in 0-3 Soulgazer coming off a few weeks of being benched! I cannot wait for this to be the game that ends his undefeated season! Century Express nearly broke a bone by accidentally clicking a switch to Snorlax himself instead of having the nurse do it for him. Hopefully, this week, Conflict can put him in his place for good! While the Cryos lost every old gen besides SS last week, they will be pleased to know that SS and ORAS are literally 100-0 matchups. So Noisy, clean (mid names), rejoice! The Cryos are a team struggling with a lot of different challenges, but the Classiest have demonstrated the potential for incompetence time and time again, and this could be a great opportunity! VAMOS CRYOS!

Yelodash vs SoulWind9

Last edited:
some overly elaborate predictions of games i'm looking forward to :pimp:

DPP OU: twash vs. BKC - i'm not gonna lie, from a strategic standpoint i don't think i support swapping jirachee and bkc. the goat has looked sensational so far this spl and i'd bet on him against anyone in adv. granted, i'd also bet on him against anyone in dpp, but i feel like his control over the outcome of the game isn't as secure as it would be in adv, especially considering the groove he seems to be in right now. on top of that i know that jirachee prefers dpp himself, so all in all it seems like a risky trigger to pull. the tyrants are at a point where they gotta go all or nothing, though, so i get it. from a pure personal viewing enjoyment standpoint, however, i am delighted this is happening. dpp bkc is pokemon in its finest form. the generation that raised one of our greatest ever players (and overall people) and nobody quite does it like he does. i vividly remember the days of CoolTrainerAlex, MrFlamethrowa and, most importantly, B2DaK2DaC. i've had the privilege of being bkc's teammate in spl before and experiencing his supporting work in the tier first hand, but it's not the same as the best ever dpp player to do it suiting up himself. his dpp cup V victory is still the most dominant run of generation 4 games i've ever seen and i can't wait to see what the man is gonna roll up with.

on the other side we have twash. after starting 0-4 he has finally bagged himself a big win and i genuinely think he has a legitimate shot at beating bkc here. the way i see it, any ordinary decent or even good dpp player using a structurally sound and coherent team is gonna get absolutely eviscerated. the goat infamously has team preview enabled when playing this metagame and you just can't get out from under the pressure. that's not gonna work here, though. twash is a complete maniac in the team builder and neither his pokemon nor his movesets will make any sense, which is a huge advantage for the bigs. i've seen twash use custap berry blissey before, to give you guys an idea. i hugely respect twash for sticking to his own unique style in spite of the rough start to the season, too. i feel like we sometimes take players like twash for granted, even though they're so important in keeping everyone entertained and hyped. i truly don't think this is a done deal quite yet and i'm not sure if the twash week was the right week for the tyrants to move their old gens around. ultimately i won't ever bet against the goat in dpp, though. this is a front row seats super highlight for me. please let me know when you guys play!

SM OU: Ojama vs. Skypenguin - ojama is actually my favorite sm player ever and i was shocked to see him start 0-3. back when sm was current gen i absolutely loved his style and seeing him dominate with pokemon like mega pinsir and greninja. seriously, i could watch ojama play sm games longer than he watches the animations for with 5 seconds left on the timer. it has been a while since we saw peak sm ojama, though, and it has taken him some time to get back into the swing of things. the season has been messy and even last week's win wasn't how he'd have liked it to go. i trust that he is powering up, though. soon he'll start showing his opponents as little mercy as his toxapex sets do, i'm sure of it. this level of metagame mastery and overall spl experience can't lay dormant forever.

facing ojama this week is skypenguin. skype's teams thus far have been incredibly diverse and he's capable of bringing anything to any game, making him all the harder to prep for. and when i say anything, i mean including, but not limited to, only attacking move shadow ball mega latias. i'm a big fan of skype and much like with ojama i thoroughly enjoy the fact that he explores fresh stuff in a generation that seemed so explored already. i feel like i always see skype farming in sm, too. whether that's smogon tour, sm seasonals, sm championships or now spl. 3-2 is maybe not the dominant start he was hoping for, but losses against fellow sm enthusiasts empo and relous could happen to anyone. plus, skype is coming off a strong 6-3 season last year. this match-up against ojama is basically a meeting between greater overall success and superior modern day sm knowledge and playing. can ojama catch up this week? i think he can and i'm very excited to find out. surely the days of ojama's clown attacks are behind him, right?

GSC OU: Century Express vs. Conflict - yesssssssss i am so glad that ce, also NOT known as cenex (??), is finally playing in spl again. i am a big fan of both his and the support provided by his manager, d0nut, so their 4-1 start to the season isn't at all surprising to me. in recent years, d0nut has often gone for the established overall tournament player moved into gsc with his support approach, and to great success at that. bruno, from e4, tdk and garay oak have all gone on to win a lot for him already and frankly i think you'll be hard pressed to find better gsc support on this website. when i saw the classiest purchase garay during the auction i assumed that's exactly what was gonna happen once more, but then their following purchase was ce. when ce isn't laddering his way towards 20000 games, he too is known to be a meticulous prepper. on top of that his play has looked sharp and as wise men once said, fortune favors the brave.

conflict lost last week, leaving d4 repertoire as the only remaining undefeated gsc player. more importantly, however, it meant we did not get a conflict win post either... it's no coincidence conflict has been retained more than any other player in spl history, and by quite a margin at that. he wins gsc games every season. he just does and he does it in his own way, too. i always love seeing what kind of teams and sets he comes up with and i think the conditions are lining up perfectly for yet another banger conflict game this week. the cryos have started to match their superstar gsc player's consistency, having lost each of the last three weeks 4-8. i might be off on this, but if conflict's faith in his team has all but disappeared, then i think peak gsc is approaching. no limits, no restraints, just pure genius. i like the cryos's line-up changes overall, too. frankly, if anyone can inspire a resurgence to their season it's the donflict. this should be good.

Prediction by Sylvi vol. 6
143-99 so far!

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs (7) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SV OU: Xrn vs Star
SV OU: BlazingDark vs elodin
SV OU: devin vs Will of Fire
SV OU: IPF vs apologies
SS OU: Shafofficiel vs Leo
SM OU: Empo vs LittleBigPlanet2
ORAS OU: Spl4sh vs Chaitanya
BW OU: Monai vs Dark Eeveon
DPP OU: twash vs BKC
ADV OU: Hclat vs Jirachee
GSC OU: M Dragon vs RealJester
RBY OU: Mako vs reyscarface

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (9)
vs (3) Alpha Ruiners

SV OU: talah vs CrashinBoomBang
SV OU: lax vs xavgb
SV OU: Savouras vs Booty
SV OU: 1 True Lycan vs Raptor
SS OU: Luigi vs Eternal Spirit
SM OU: Relous vs valuez
ORAS OU: Santu vs pj
BW OU: GaryTheGengar vs dice
DPP OU: SFG vs zf
ADV OU: ArcticBreeze vs mikmer
GSC OU: D4 Repertoire vs Siatam
RBY OU: Mana vs chuva de perereca

Circus Maximus Tigers (8)
vs (4) Team Raiders

SV OU: TheFranklin vs Ash KetchumGamer
SV OU: Fc vs Kebab mlml
SV OU: Lily vs Baloor
SV OU: TPP vs DAHLI
SS OU: Finchinator vs Gtcha
SM OU: Ojama vs Skypenguin
ORAS OU: Seasons vs RaiZen1704
BW OU: BluBirD vs Jisoo
DPP OU: mael vs DeepBlueC
ADV OU: Altina vs McMeghan
GSC OU: Fear vs false
RBY OU: crucify vs Serpi

Stark Sharks (6) vs (6) Indie Scooters

SV OU: 3d vs Beraldinho
SV OU: Nat vs Welli0u
SV OU: mind gaming vs Kate
SV OU: kythr vs GXE
SM OU: Gondra vs umbry
BW OU: watashi vs sensei axew

rooting for frens Seasons, mind gaming

LET'S GO CLASSIEST, WE ARE STILL IN THE RACE :bellipog::bellipog::bellipog:

:Gardevoir: Bounty Update :Gardevoir:
In light of recent events, I have decided to step down from my duty of posting weekly updates. Do not fret, team managers, as the bounty still remains (I would never flake)! However, it seems that the fun has overstayed its welcome nearly 2 months since the original post. As a result, I will no longer be making the posts. Thanks for enjoying them while they came!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)