SM OU: Skypenguin vs Gondra
ORAS OU: RaiZen1704 vs jonfilch
BW OU: Jisoo vs watashi
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs bruno
ADV OU: McMeghan vs robjr
GSC OU: false vs porridge
RBY OU: Serpi vs Heroic Troller
Vamos Gondra tu puedes :heart: no report :mad:

Troller and TDK are long overdue for a ring so I will root for the SHARKS. However, the RAIDERS have the power of: antagonism, friendship, revenge, pride, anger,
, Pope Francis, Gerry Scotti, Giorno Giovanna, LowTierGod and McMeghan. I do not expect them to go down without a fight !!!

Last edited:

Vulpix03

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUPL Champion
Team Raiders (6) vs (6) Stark Sharks

SV OU: Baloor vs kythr - Kythr has been going through a rough patch but expect a bounce back win here
SV OU: Kebab mlml vs mind gaming - Mind just got acted out of ost top 16. Predicting some tilt. Kebab has also been solid
SV OU: Ash KetchumGamer vs SoulWind - This is more a gut call. Could easily see borja taking it though
SV OU: DAHLI vs Nat - Gat, pls accept scl retain haha.
SS OU: Gtcha vs TDNT - Playoff gtcha
SM OU: Skypenguin vs Gondra - Skype is on a 6 game win streak and unless he's playing empo i'd bold him vs anyone
ORAS OU: RaiZen1704 vs jonfilch - jon has finally had his pop off oras performance, don't expect him to drop this one
BW OU: Jisoo vs watashi - Jisoo has been great but my gut says watashi
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs bruno - bruno has been incredible, but I think dbc is gunna cook some sauce this week after a little slump
ADV OU: McMeghan vs robjr - Rob has been solid but roro is in peak form
GSC OU: false vs ggggd - raider's gsc has been a struggle, and pablo has been solid
RBY OU: Serpi vs Heroic Troller - After starting 0-2 troller has put on yet another rby masterclass.

Tiebreak

SV OU: Gtcha vs Nat
ADV OU: McMeghan vs Soulwind

Honestly Sharks could do a lot of stuff with tiebreak. Bruno could play adv, Jon could play oras, although I think Sharks will stick to Troller. Skype (or kebab) could also SV potentially for Raiders.

I have good friends on both teams so really happy to see this is the finals

Last edited:

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
First of all, I want to congratulate the Raiders a second straight finals appearance. Raiza and Tricking were excellent managers when I played with them, and it is clear that they have continued to only raise their level. Y'all are true beasts. The Sharks are also a very strong team, so this will be an exciting finals. Best of luck to y'all.

It is bittersweet for me to face my second straight semifinals elimination. I can't help but feel some regrets, but the result just shows that I have more room to grow as a manager. Even so, I had a lot of fun especially in helping prepare for SV, and I'm excited for the future. I'll probably make another post later detailing some of my favorite teams from the season.

My team knows I love every one of them, but I just want to publicly applaud a few of the "dark horses" and helpers on this years Ruiners.

CTC your contribution was immeasurable. Every SV slot was elevated by your ideas and critique, which had both high volume and quality. You also clutched up big time for us in SM when we lost a few players. I don't think I will ever forget your Celesteela which saved our season. basedlord in da cut.
Laurel I don't think I know anyone who understands being a team player better than you. You always showed up with a positive attitude, ready to put in the work and make sacrifices for the team. The icing on top, you also clutched up big time when you got your chance to play. You've still got the chops my man, I'm glad we could team up again.
valuez your friendly and positive attitude is so charming, and helped bond the team. It's unfortunate that you didn't have the chance to show your battling skills, but I hope you can rise in the tour scene once you are back.
Booty your work ethic was excellent and it was simply fun playing with you. Maybe you didn't get the game results you wanted, but you never gave up and I saw you grow tremendously. It was a comfort knowing you were ready to back the team in any tough spot after we lost two players.
Giannis Antetokommo-o It was great having you to toss ideas back and forth and test SV teams. You have an amazing eye for picking up which ideas are winners and building confidence in our team selections. Best of luck in OST - keep your focus sharp and that tournament is yours.

MANNAT thank you for being my rock in this roller-coaster of a season. It is funny to think where we've come from to end up there, but your managing skills are improving quickly and it was a blast playing another season with you. Next year's the one.

Alright, enough about the past. Let's get some predictions rolling.
Team Raiders (4) vs (8) Stark Sharks

SV OU: Baloor vs kythr - kythr has put up a solid record, using mostly offensive teams to achieve a decent record. I think the aggressive approach is the right call and the team selection will be elevated by the sharks SV lineup. Baloor hasn't had great results so far and only won with shed pass to roaring moon, which is admittedly one of the toughest styles to cover right now. If Tricking can pull some magic with offense I think Baloor can take this, but I'd favor kythr in an even matchup.

SV OU: Kebab mlml vs mind gaming - Mind gaming has truly been a treat to watch this season, and has shown immense aptitude for understanding the meta and teasing out new ideas that push the boundaries, from psychic spam to eject pack valiant. Kebab has put on a solid performance and defeated several strong players, so he could definitely rise to the challenge.

SV OU: Ash KetchumGamer vs SoulWind - This is a tough one to call, simply because I don't know how much SV soulwind has been playing after doing SS the whole tour. I think it takes a lot of practice and maintenance to stay sharp in this very polarized offensive metagame as well as being apt with terastallization. Soulwind is the more consistent and reputable player, as well as experience with high pressure situations. On the other hand, Ash has more experience in the tier but also a below average record. I think this is the closest SV matchup.

SV OU: DAHLI vs Nat - Nat has been on a roll and shows no signs of slowing down. It's clear Nat is a completely different player when she's in the zone, and apart from picking good teams, her execution also seems to be pretty on point. Current form Nat is one of the players I respect most right now. DAHLI did achieve "upsets" on both TPP and Raptor this season, and despite some fortunate circumstances in both games, you can't ignore that execution is still needed to beat two of the best players. The Raiders have also shown some smart team choices so I think this match will be very exciting.

SS OU: Gtcha vs TDNT - Gtcha just seems to have a level of consistency that is tough to match, and also makes smart team choices. The raiders core seem to be in very good synchrony and I think this is a tough combination to overcome. I haven't seen much from TDNT but they did defeat suapah who is simply one of the best intuitive players, by playing solid and keeping his cool. I hope this will be an exciting back and forth match.

SM OU: Skypenguin vs Gondra - Unfortunately, arguably one of my blunders of the season was choosing to let go of my boy Skype, who has been on an absolute roll. Unfortunately my gamble on Skype's alter-ego and cheerful dog keeper didn't pan out, but Skype certainly hasn't stopped performing in style. I'm hoping to see a Z-Poison Toxapex one shot a Clefable or some shit this game.

ORAS OU: RaiZen1704 vs jonfilch - Despite losing their cool in one of the most childish outbursts I've seen in SPL, jonfilch has a solid understanding of the ORAS meta and seems to execute pretty well. I'll side with the more experienced player, as I haven't seen much from RaiZen that inspires me to predict the other way.

BW OU: Jisoo vs watashi - Jisoo has a good feed of solid teams from dice and Raiza, and seems to execute in play pretty consistently. I don't think they've done anything particularly special, but if you can consistently get an even or positive matchup and play it well, you will be tough to defeat. watashi is a seasoned vet and has played some great games this season so I think this will be a close matchup despite the one-sided result last time these two faced off.

DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs bruno - Anti seems to have a great knack for being able to just pick up and master whatever tier is the pick for the year. It is really impressive and I'm curious to see more of that in the future. DBC is obviously a great players as well but I'd assume their confidence is a bit lower after two consecutive losses to Laurel. I'm hoping to see a dynamic and offensive matchup between these two, please leave your skarms at home for the viewers!

ADV OU: McMeghan vs robjr - I don't think I'll ever forget when Roro destroyed me in ADV for Classic with a Slaking. I wasn't expecting such a dominant season considering mcm's time off from serious grinding, but this season goes to show that if you've been the goat, you can always sharpen your skills back to that level. Rob is on a recent winning streak and seems to be building up some rhythm, however I think Roro is a master of picking clever teams and disrupting the opponent's strategy.

GSC OU: false vs ggggd - Both players are not too inspiring honestly, but ggggd is on a hotstreak, managing to defeat Conflict with one of the most horrifying gengar sets I've ever witnessed that worked perfectly. False seems to be a fine pilot in this tier and tends to always put on decent performances, but I feel their team patterns and play seem exploitable by a sharp opponent.

RBY OU: Serpi vs Heroic Troller - Probably the best rby matchup we could have, both players are extremely sharp and impressive. I'm hoping this will be a clean series though I suspect it might just come down to some bull wars.

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Rooting for sharks! Predicts-
Team Raiders (5) vs (7) Team Sharks
SV OU: Baloor vs kythr (kythr)
SV OU: Kebab mlml vs mind gaming (mind gaming)
SV OU: Ash KetchumGamer vs SoulWind(soul wind)
SV OU: DAHLI vs Nat (Nat)
SS OU: Gtcha vs TDNT(Gtcha)
SM OU: Skypenguin vs Gondra (Sky penguin)
ORAS OU: RaiZen1704 vs jonfilch (Raizen1704)
BW OU: Jisoo vs watashi(watashi)
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs bruno (DeepBlueC)
ADV OU: McMeghan vs robjr (McMeghan)
GSC OU: false vs ggggd (gggd)
RBY OU: Serpi vs Heroic Troller (heroic troller)

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Greater size = greater confidence

SV OU: Baloor vs kythr
SV OU: Kebab mlml vs mind gaming
SV OU: Ash KetchumGamer vs SoulWind
SV OU: DAHLI vs Nat
SS OU: Gtcha vs TDNT
BW OU: Jisoo vs watashi
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs bruno
GSC OU: false vs ggggd

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Team Raiders (4) vs (8) Stark Sharks

SV OU: Baloor vs kythr
SV OU: Kebab mlml vs mind gaming
SV OU: Ash KetchumGamer vs SoulWind - ash has been good but borja must be confident in here if theyre moving him to sv, could go either way
SV OU: DAHLI vs Nat
SS OU: Gtcha vs TDNT
BW OU: Jisoo vs watashi - yas go jisooooo
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs bruno - gnti
GSC OU: false vs ggggd - :v4:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)