Smogon Premier League XIV - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Savouras, I understand how you feel. This game is frustrating and brings out the worst in people. It's very easy to turn red and flame people. And I'm not going to dare tell you to stop acting this way because you're just a kid, and to be honest - very few users can resist exploding after a bad game or after being provoked. I myself love trash talking even though I'm complete dogass at this game.

But Savouras, you must understand one thing if you're going to last on this website. Laddering on an alt isn't being a pussy. It's being smart. Imagine if you said those exact words under an alternate username. No one would pay it any attention.

Be smarter. Do better. Keep flaming.

SpectralThief

Banned deucer.
I dont usually tend to say hi back to banned individuals like him or ghostslots like you
I truly ask myself how do people have the nerve to accuse a crime with a knife in hand and blood all over your clothes. I must remind you when you ghosted "fasianos" a.k.a your alt in a Discord Team Tour with no prize or anything. And that's the main point, how desesperate where you that you needed to ghost for a win lmao. I had the misfortune of facing you in many tours and sadly for my experience, after you lose you were always mean and thread people like they are below you. Although, I guess I must congratulate you for finally playing SPL after 2 decades of playing pokemon non-stop.

I dont usually tend to say hi back to banned individuals like him or ghostslots like you but if you tryin to put me in a awkward position posting toxic messages of me then simply send me privately something offensive on discord and i can throw at you this x10 times worse. You see, talking shit back to people tryin to insult you i dont think puts me in any awkward position. Me being nice to 99% of the people because they are usually nice to me doesnt mean that ill not be toxic back to people tryin to insult me.

Have fun with it and say hi back to bea, would hella expose his ghost partners so he returns in 20 years but im in good mood.

View attachment 501584
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-518684
You are one of many who used to talk shit of me so don't become the offended please and thanks :)

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Although, I guess I must congratulate you for finally playing SPL after 2 decades of playing pokemon non-stop.
What a pathetic statement from someone who signed up for SPL and didn't get picked. Maybe next time try to get attention in other ways than shitting on users who very well deserved their spot in this tournament and enjoy their hobby. This "lmao you spend so much time on this website/playing this game, loser"- attitude is so hilariously dumb considering we all spend hours playing mons. Find better arguments, god i swear

Savouras keep it up bud, dw

What a pathetic statement from someone who signed up for SPL and didn't get picked. Maybe next time try to get attention in other ways than shitting on users who very well deserved their spot in this tournament and enjoy their hobby. This "lmao you spend so much time on this website/playing this game, loser"- attitude is so hilariously dumb considering we all spend hours playing mons. Find better arguments, god i swear

Savouras keep it up bud, dw
My Goat

rly quick ramble abt this spl since we're eliminated: glad i got to experience starting in singles, since sm was cg i always thought itd be cool to do at some point but i never thought it would actually happen. content with my finish although it was really made clear how much better people like empo and skype are than me. def just makes me wanna improve so in that regard im grateful for the 3 beatings i received. outside of everyone on classiest for the fun season thanks in particular to umbry for carrying me so hard ur the best, and EVIL z0mOG for getting me to signup in the first place. hope my friends on the sharks get the w

Before anyone makes jokes abt me for going 1-6 and getting carried to semifinals I can joke about myself too and I am aware of my sheet.
But nonetheless I wanted to share some quick thoughts during my debut Spl. First of all I wanna shoutout my managers and Luthier for trusting me in the first Place after MichaelderBeste2 suggested me as a pick before the draft. I was quite nervous and under pressure after the negative feedback from pre week1 and I often find myself in positions where I had a decent shot of winning but I was to scared to commit to a play in fear of the flame I would receive by the community. Maybe it is childish and I shouldn't give a duck, but I let the ppl to get in my head and this is reflected by my scores. Despite other really unfortunate circumstances in my Life during this tournament, I wanna thank Amaranth for always being there to talk abt the SPL Atmosphere and getting a little bit more comfortable as a random. I enjoyed this SPL to the fullest, I met so many incredible ppl online and got the chance to talk amazing ppl I always admires.
For my help I wanna ofc shoutout to my friend MichaelderBeste2 again for helping build my own Team and being there for questions. xray was also nice to have to answer some questions I have and to get some inspiration. Seasons and I bonded after our game and since then we helped each other and he inspired me to bring the Team I fought against false. After the out of Scooters, London Beats was an incredible help I could every asked for. I am sorry for turning this effort into 0's but you are the Goat, I hope you know that. Century Express, Triangles were always there for testgames when I needed them, thank you guys.

Moving forward, I have no interest of sticking being one random on this site and being recognised as Michaelderbeste3. This Tournament was the best Pokémon experience I could ask for and I am more than motivated to turn my okey-isch Play into decent one and write my own story. I wana thank you for everyone who believes in me and supported me.

Since we are out, I am rooting for mind gaming and the Sharks.
Thanks for taking your time to read this

Raptor

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
GGs raiders, Ruiners this was not a good last few weeks for us due to many factors but this is the game we play so there is nothing we can do. Thanks FV and Mannat for trusting me in this season, I don't feel like I did wrong except for the week against umbry and mncmt that I didn't prepare and practice with my team, and of course the week against Dahli was an inopportune missclick with my low timer and my game with kebab 2 unfortunate crits + a roll against gholdengo, but other than that I feel like I did well in this new gen.

Thanks FlamingVictini, njnp, xavgb, Booty, CTC, MANNAT, TPP and Giannis Antetokommo-o for the help all these weeks, you did a great job guys. Also big s/o to all of Team Chile, crying and Athena's Myth for cheering me on and supporting me this season.

I will share the teams that I use with the arrival of walking wake so let's go with it

Week 6 vs 1 True Lycan (I don't remember if walking wake was released that week but I put the team anyway because I liked it)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-677097

I don't remember my preparation much but I wanted to use a ho with a baxcalibur that would beat skeledirge and Loaded Dice is a set that beats dirge. I think we built a good team with FV as this team worked quite well.

Week 7 vs mind gaming (u can put av on gambit because it usually works in some mu)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-678160

I had already used a lot of ho before and wisp ace so this week I wanted to use something different, I had already built this team before that week but the dragonite set (dd roost) didn't convince me but crying gave me the idea to use chesto rest dd dragonite and became a pretty cool team.

Week 8 vs TPP
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-679407

This is probably my favorite week of all this spl, cool team and cool game. Honestly, that week I wanted to use a cool team with zoroark since I had previously promised, and FV shared a team with zoroark with me and we improved it and we ended up with a pretty nice and fun team.

Week 9 vs DAHLI
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-681892

I felt really comfortable with the team structure I used vs tpp and I hadn't revealed that my azumarill was jolly so I used something with a pretty similar structure.

Semis vs Kebab mlml
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-683386

I was really convinced that kebab would use a ho team with glimmora/meowscarada lead and some dragon like dragapult or roaring moon with dd, so I wanted to use something that I was comfortable against this so I just had to decide on one of the 3 versions of this team that we made with crying 3 weeks ago for stour and I decided on the hydreigon version since I had previously used vs skypenguin the version with dragonite in stour and baxcalibur didn't look good here.

If you have any questions about any spread you can ask me on discord or smogon. Good luck to the raiders in the finals, give the red trophy to my friend Roro after I was toxic last spl.

Even though they banned 2 of our players I think we did a good job as a team so we can't feel sad about this. See you next year Ruiners❤.

I'm going to write a cheesy shout out post because my teammates deserve it.

This was my first SPL in 3 or 4 years for good reason - in my last attempt I played BW and went 0-3 or 0-4. It was a huge blow to my confidence and while I would sign up for the officials I never expected to get chosen.

I've been lucky enough to be friends with MANNAT for many years and before the tour he asked if I was in form to play DPP. I was frankly, not ever going to lie to him. I said I'd get back to him. I probably put in 100-200 games and watched every replay from circuit and SPL last year. After a few weeks I said I'm ready. I believed I could do it.

Fortune had it my way, and I was the last member of the Ruiners and so grateful for the opportunity to even be on the bench. I provided detailed scouts of as many tiers as I could whether it be DPP, SS, or something else.. and I remember realizing early on in the season it was the most fun I have had on Smogon in 10+ years.

While the circumstances were unfortunate, I'm glad I had the opportunity to play some games starting week 8.

Anyways, while the season didn't end how we wanted, I'm very proud of our team and how hard we worked. I'm not going to shout out everyone because I think that should be reserved for the winners but to name a few:

MANNAT Thank you for being my closest friend on Smogon for so long. If it weren't for you I would have never had the chance to participate. Thank you for believing in me. For those of you who have not had the chance to play with Mannat he puts his heart into this game. He made scouts for virtually every tier and tested so many games in SV and other tiers. His BW and ORAS is immaculate and he carried our entire team so hard.

FlamingVictini You have tried many times to get me on your teams and it never worked out. Thank you for believing in me and giving me a chance.

njnp For constantly gassing me up, you helped so much with not just SV but all tiers and were always trying to put the team first. Even volunteering for SM despite being less familiar with the format.

CTC For pumping out SV teams like none other and stepping up to the plate and winning a really important game against Tigers.

dice and CrashinBoomBang never did I think we would be SPL teammates but thank you for forgiving me for my horrible behavior as a child and giving me a chance to help out. Thank you to Dice again for playing tons of DPP just to help select teams.

Big shout out to Fakes - you helped me/zf/mannat so much in DPP prep and you built the amazing team for my semifinals game. Thank you as well to Kristyl for the many tests this week too.

Everyone else on Ruiners, thank you so much for the amazing season. I had so much fun and am so glad I got to experience these 10 weeks together.

When compared with previous iterations, this SPL was underwhelmingly devoid of drama which is an extreme disappointment.

I believe I speak on behalf of the entire globe when I say that nobody actually cares about competitive gaming, they just want to see the health bar drop from 100% to 0. Likewise, we don't want to see displays of skill, good sportsmanship or friends being made along the way. It's not about the journey, IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW LOW WE WILL SINK.
So here are some suggestions I made on how you all, from the TOs to managers to the players warming a virtual bench, can do better:

1) For future iterations, allow the shitposting to be in the same threads as the weekly lineup. I don't know what everyone was thinking here but if the drama is brought elsewhere and away from the very competitors that are meant to be triggered by all the self-entitled nonsense we write over a children's game, then it defeats the purpose of even being written. I mean, at that point did it even happen?

2) Not enough players that are high on their own elitism. We NEED more people to have high opinions of themselves because regardless of whether they are good or bad, they make us feel like we are validated by how they make a spectacle of themselves. I think it would be fair just for the sake of keeping the torch burning that we bring back someone like a Lavos or a GGfan so that we can all have a good laugh. It really doesn't make a difference which of these two you choose as the former will go undefeated and the latter will go un-victorious, shaking up the entire week to week matchup for a bunch of teams. If you happen to know any disciple of theirs (or their dealer) hit me up and I will make all efforts to bribe convince the managers to buy them.

3) Too much respect among players. More flexing is needed. K Thanks. This mostly relates to the GSC players since I have been recapping them on a weekly basis so I'm looking at the veteran players with a frown. I mean seriously what the fuck. Where is the anger? Off the top of my head there were only one or two memorable and cool lines said by players this season. M Dragon's victory speech in defense of his ethnicity "Don't predict against the Dragon people" was badass and empowering at the same time. Conflict also had some nice catch phrases.

4) Less people accused of cheating and more people banned for obscure reasons. The later into the season the better. Playoffs ideal.
4.5) If they can give a really convincing reason, cheating could MAYBE be allowed. I mean Mazar was a terrible person but he was good at what he did. So good in fact, that he made the whole team benefit from his crazy idea... right? It's not like they lost their trophy or anything.

5) Let the popular people win. Also the Managers need to put their most popular players in the cooler tiers. ADV and DPP should be designated victories to whichever team has the biggest star and gets the most traction. If you want to draft celebrities, I can hit you up with Slavoi Zizek who has been practicing his ADV, or other celebrities like Dr.Seuss or Nate Diaz.

6) Include ADV Ubers. I'm going to be reasonable here and not ask for something ridiculous like Gen9 Anything Goes Monotype Doubles with Team Preview

7) Include ring girls to keep the score. Who else is gonna do it?

8) Wait we actually do this for free?

9) Don't apologize for hax. Instead, try saying "we take those" or "GG ez". You'll see more often than not that you won't get inverse karma for being polite.

10) I made a song/tribute song/cover. This was all a late april fools joke I guess. But I want to thank everybody for the fun time I had playing pokemon and watching SPL. I hope that you all appreciate the song because I wanted to capture some emotions that SPL gives me and I'm sure it gives also other people.

Last edited:

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
just like I did for Ajna 2 years ago, this year I want to plug Wordlife's music because I think it's good stuff and it deserves to be heard by more people

Haven't really posted on Smogon something like this in a long time, but as I did for 2021's SPL edition, I'm gonna make a post here in the commencement thread with my personal favorite and most memorable logs from this journey. Just like the other iteration of this tournament I won't make any personal shoutout, but I still care to thank once again Tricking and Raiza for allowing me to be part of the squad even before this tournament started. I'm a true Raiders fan just like king cholera90 and I'm thankful I had the chance to create and cherish new memories, with the old or new members of the team, and all the other supporters like me.

Anyways, enough talking about stuff only few people care about, the whole point of this post is just to show you some highlight moments of the journey, so there you go:
1681288169561.png

1681288242367.png

1681288442800.png

1681288494221.png
1681290895712.png

1681300677276.png
Schermata 2023-04-12 alle 13.59.14.png

1681288593513.png
1681288646191.png

1681288706939.png

1681288778396.png

1681288841588.png

1681288867440.png

1681288931271.png

1681288991505.png

1681289071838.png

1681289118861.png

1681289160643.png
1681289191061.png

1681289251618.png

1681289296231.png

1681289340256.png

1681289389695.png

1681289450579.png

1681289609202.png

1681460092267.png

1681289681112.png

1681289714936.png

1681289744725.png

1681289834417.png
Just like last time, I hope I managed to steal a smile from whoever spent their time reading this. Looking forward to play against some of you in SCL, have a great day!

Bless up.

Attachments

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this is how the path of a shining star ends, someone who dedicates his time and heart to the game, someone who would be incapable of harming someone, someone who despite not knowing him too muchh , in the short time we have been interacting proved to be someone of absolute trust.

What happened today makes me wonder if its really worth wasting time like this, some of us play bcs we want to make ourselves known, because we like the game and to clear our minds a bit from real life, but I especially emphasize those ppl who play For making yourself known in the community and being taken into account, is it really worth playing, going far in tours, winning them and then ending up getting banned by losing all the time you have spent? Just because of some log taken out of context or some nonsense like this, being so, it seems to me that it is an excessive punishment, being the kind of person who is bleach, a sudden permaban seems too much to me, being a person just like us, ppl who make mistakes

And a message to those who have conspired to carry out this, I invite you to reflect a bit, learn to lose, I know that bleach made enemies just for being a good player, just because he got the trophy that you didnt. Who were his teammates or were by his side and involved in this are even worse, I dont wish anything bad on you, but I hope you change your sad and envious mentality. even being banned he is the winner and you are the loser,

Espero todo se resuelva y verte jugar de nuevo culo roto :goat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)