New Style Smogon Dark [Old]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi all! I spent the last couple days putting together something you've all been requesting for a long time: a dark mode!

Here's a preview:
Coming Soon

You can access the style by clicking here and selecting Smogon Dark or by using the menu in the bottom left corner of the forums.

I'll likely continue to tweak it based on feedback, but for now... Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi all! I spent the last couple days putting together something you've all been requesting for a long time: a dark mode!

Here's a preview:
Coming Soon

You can access the style by clicking here and selecting Smogon Dark or by using the menu in the bottom left corner of the forums.

I'll likely continue to tweak it based on feedback, but for now... Enjoy!
honestly it's a bit too dark as of rn, i'm not sure that the gray and black work THAT well together, if i would have to give feedback it would be maybe the title of the thread name in white because i personally can barely see it, and the text boxes to be a little bit lighter. but i really like it :psyduck:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Yeah, I've gotta say, while it does make brighter colors absolutely POP, I can barely see anything that ISN'T in color (which is 90% of everything.) I think the black could be lightened a bit, and it would look absolutely SICK if the grey aesthetic was changed to a brighter color. Just my thoughts on it.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
IMG_20190201_195843.png
It's not so easy to understand which thread is updated
Edit: i don't know if it's me that i cringed or this can effectively be a problem
Screenshot_2019-02-01-20-00-00.png

Is there any way you'd be able to change the background of badges? The contrast between the background of the badges and the dark background is really weird and depending on the badge(s), sometimes even hurts to look at. I also feel like the standard Moderator banner could be made a bit less bright. Besides that, this style looks great, thank you for the effort you put into this!

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I think this is sick btw, but I noticed that bolded tagged usernames aren't shown any differently to non bolded ones, which is particularly problematic for tour hosting :(

http://prntscr.com/mfdyks - half of these names are bolded and I can't see any differences

Links in alerts while in dark mode no longer show highlighted differently. In light mode they come out as blue against white text, could we get an adjustment on dark mode to make links to threads stand out more from the base text? (and have the colors on preview and post reply swapped while we're at it)

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Screenshot_20190203-134324_Chrome.jpg

As you can see, inviting someone to convos textbox has black font, which can be a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)