Board Game Smogon Chess Tournament - Won by Ashwins72 and Royal1604

Cdumas

cd le 100 ⚠
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have been trying for 2 weeks to play my series against linear in order to keep the tiebreak fair. We have 9 hours differential but I showed up basically every morning offering to play. He finally decided to give me activity:

1613911358136.png

Unfortunate but what can you do, not like I have all the time in the world too.
I'm ready to play a final bo2-tiebreak against Royal next week

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yep fair enough, I was gonna check in and probably make a call today either way. I can't believe this tour is still chugging along but hey we've got a pretty good finals so good luck to both! And sorry for the extra tag but I want to make it more official.

Finals
Cdumas vs Royal1604

Bughouse vs Cdumas: G1 | G2
Bughouse vs Kingler: G1 | G2
Bughouse vs Royal1604: G1 | G2
Bughouse vs thelinearcurve: Not Played
Bughouse vs Yoda2798: G1 | G2
Bughouse vs ZestOfLife: Not Played
Cdumas vs Kingler: G1 | G2
Cdumas vs Royal1604: G1 | G2
Cdumas vs thelinearcurve: Not Played
Cdumas vs Yoda2798: G1 | G2
Cdumas vs ZestOfLife: G1 | G2
Kingler vs Royal1604: G1 | G2
Kingler vs thelinearcurve: Not Played
Kingler vs Yoda2798: G1 | G2
Kingler vs ZestOfLife: Not Played
Royal1604 vs thelinearcurve: G1 | G2
Royal1604 vs Yoda2798: G1 | G2
Royal1604 vs ZestOfLife: G1 | G2
thelinearcurve vs Yoda2798: G1 | G2
thelinearcurve vs ZestOfLife: G1 | G2
Yoda2798 vs ZestOfLife: G1 | G2

Cdumas

cd le 100 ⚠
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Lost vs Royal ggs. You had an impressive run and dominated me in the 2 series we played, congrats on the well-deserved win

I faced a lot of strong opponents along the way and I'm glad to see the community has so many experienced players
Shoutouts to all my oppos for some great games

Thanks MZ for hosting this 50-page tournament, there were a few Smogon players I wanted to face in high-stakes games and that was the perfect opportunity. Really appreciated

I already made a post but since the tour is REALLY over it's time for a new one (or maybe i'm just a likewhore, idk).
I'm really bad for speeches so i'll try to make it short.

I want to thanks all my opponents, i'm playing chess for almost 17 years now and some of this tours games are part of the best blitz games i have played in my life, some were really closed and that was amazing.

I also want to say that this tour was really close, it could have end several weeks earlier during the last regular week, and if i won today it's only because of the several ties on the last week.

Finally, I want to say that smogon have a lot of strong chess players, and I really think i would have 0 chance in classical games vs some of them, because blitz chess is really different from classical.

Congrats to all players and to MZ for hosting, s/o Hogg for making this tour challenging with the cashprize.

I hope we'll have some other chess tours in the future !!!

s/o my boy Carmin for motivation and mental support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)