Board Game Smogon Chess Tournament - Won by Ashwins72 and Royal1604

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MTG Xerxes and ashwins72 you guys get to play off for the casual bracket prize! Since this is one finale I would recommend you play a bo3 instead of a bo1 (each of you plays white once for the first two, use lichess to randomize who is white for the 3rd game, if that ends with a 1.5-1.5 tie move to single games until someone wins one), although if you both want to stick with bo1 that's fair enough too.

As for the advanced bracket, we have a 6-way tie for 1st! And potentially 7 depending on what's going on with thelinearcurve and Isa. I don't see any scheduling, no clue if you guys are playing or what, not going to start doing playoffs for the prize until I know what's happening there. Once that's settled there will be playoffs, all the qualifiers have indicated they want to stay competing for the prize (cool cuz man this tour's been long), so if you like spectating high quality Chess definitely keep watching.

I'm not going to run through all the final activity decisions, they don't matter for the outcome of the tour and it's a lot of worse. Plus I'm extremely demoralized after accidentally calling it for ashwins not noticing there was a casual bracket tie too.

On a final note, thanks for all the support everyone! This was just a silly idea that became easily the biggest and most complex tour I've ever had to host here. And I've hosted like, PUPL, OM World Cup, and the PU Open twice just to name a few things. I'm glad it was so popular and I hope there are more of these! Except with some much needed format changes and preferably hosted by someone else.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Isn't MTG Xerxes also at 7.5 points?
Jesus I'm just incredibly stupid. Just absolutely forgot we had one person playing down in the 6.5 point group. Already sent another apology because of just how pointless and dumb and unfair calling it with two people tied was but again, really sorry ashwins72.

MTG Xerxes and ashwins72 you guys get to play off for the casual bracket prize! Since this is one finale I would recommend you play a bo3 instead of a bo1 (each of you plays white once for the first two, use lichess to randomize who is white for the 3rd game, if that ends with a 1.5-1.5 tie move to single games until someone wins one), although if you both want to stick with bo1 that's fair enough too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)