Finals Smogon Champions League II - Finals [Won by Power Plant Dynamos]

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Speaking of money, I think we should all recognize the effort and clarity of vision implemented by the hosts. As always, it's quite difficult hosting a major tournament, never mind a team tournament, but as a third party observer, I think they did excellently this year, with no major hiccups. It would be really cool if the site were able to reward hosts that generate content and do mostly thankless work, perhaps we could think about determining some sort of revenue share to ensure that our tournaments keep being held consistently and with professionalism.

-MOTP "teal6"

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Speaking of money, I think we should all recognize the effort and clarity of vision implemented by the hosts. As always, it's quite difficult hosting a major tournament, never mind a team tournament, but as a third party observer, I think they did excellently this year, with no major hiccups. It would be really cool if the site were able to reward hosts that generate content and do mostly thankless work, perhaps we could think about determining some sort of revenue share to ensure that our tournaments keep being held consistently and with professionalism.

-MOTP "teal6"
I seriously agree - should you tag or PM Chaos and ask him how much Smogon makes? I think that's an extremely reasonable starting point. Of course there are other sources of money (donations by fans like me could be one) but if you specifically point out revenue sharing, that's really a question for Chaos not for this thread - right?

Anyways this isn't my job, I've just been inspired by all of Aqua Jet's literal posts to try and improve this website so I'm trying to follow his example.

Also what's MOTP?

-MOTP "teal6"
This is the best idea i've ever seen in age, now mods will have a good reason to act like they did these past 2 years lmao :swole:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I seriously agree - should you tag or PM Chaos and ask him how much Smogon makes? I think that's an extremely reasonable starting point. Of course there are other sources of money (donations by fans like me could be one) but if you specifically point out revenue sharing, that's really a question for Chaos not for this thread - right?

Anyways this isn't my job, I've just been inspired by all of Aqua Jet's literal posts to try and improve this website so I'm trying to follow his example.

Also what's MOTP?
As a user I've always held in particularly high esteem, I appreciate the kind words here PIF. Unfortunately for a variety of reasons I will not be able to ask those questions personally, however hopefully the right fuse has been lit! MOTP in this case stands for "Man of the People", as my efforts, ethos and outlook are intended to improve the experience of any given user. A rising tide lifts all boats, as they say.

- "MOTP" teal6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)