Smogon Champions League II - Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Several rules have been adjusted by the TD team to account for situations that have come up in previous teamtours. Rules for SCL, as always, can be found in the OP of the commencement thread - we strongly advise you to read through them again.

The most notable things that have changed are the duration of the tier lock, as it will now extend for the entirety of regular season, and rules regarding sellbacks. Again, the new rules can be found in the OP of the commencement thread in the hide tags.

Theia

Say my name until you love me
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
RE: Auction

The Auction has been scheduled for Sunday, August 28th at 1 PM GMT -4. Player signups will close 48 hours before the start of the auction.

SCL Week One will go up on September 5th.

Theia

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Hi and good morning everyone! The host team would just like to remind everyone of the recently added rule about playing on an alt in official tournaments, more specifically that whatever account you choose to play on should be identical or as close to your forum name as possible or has to have been listed on your signup post and that you have to use that account for the entire tournament. Failure to do so will result in an infraction.

Thanks for understanding!

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
World Defender
RE: Aliss

During the Week 2 game between Gilbert arenas and GXE, one of GXE's teammates accidentally posted a paste of GXE's team in the Smogon Tournaments discord while attempting to post a link to the game. They deleted this message within a few seconds, and both the host team and TD team agreed that the context and damage done did not warrant a tournament ban.

Aliss, who was present in the Smogon Tournaments discord and saw the message prior to deletion, decided to repost the paste of GXE's team, which remained up until a moderator realized what was linked and deleted the message. This is entirely unacceptable to do in a public discord server, is an action that damages the integrity of tournament games, and violates tour rules about ghosting.

Aliss will be tournament banned for 6 months.

Theia

User Safety Lead
RE: Shoguns Week 4 Lineup

The Showdown Shoguns submitted an invalid lineup at the beginning of Week 4 that violated the tournament's tier lock rules. This error was also not caught by the host team upon submission, and was only realized after the week was posted. As a result, the Shoguns' lineup for Week 4 will be made the same as their Week 3 lineup.

Affected matches:
xavgb vs Bushtush
Lyss vs Poek

Affected managers:
shiloh Gingy elodin HSA

Theia

User Safety Lead
RE: The Strap

The Strap showed activity prior to the start of the tour, but around when Week One was posted, seemingly quit all of his tours and left his team's Discord server. He never returned, gave a reason, or even responded attempts made by his managers to contact him. This clearly violates the minimum activity expectations outlined for participating players.

The Strap will be removed from SCL II and barred from SCL III, as well as infracted for unsportsmanlike conduct. The Orange Islanders will receive 3k sellback credits for use at the midseason auction.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
RE: dcae vs LilyAC

They agreed to play on Friday but dcae never showed up so the game was rescheduled for Sunday @1AM GMT -7. dcae did not show and LilyAC talked with freezai, a manager of the opposing team, before calling act after waiting for the mandatory 30 minutes. freezai clarified that their team had no substitutes available to play within the 30 minute period LilyAC was waiting.

Notice must be made via a teamwide Smogon Tournaments Discord tag; Smogon VMs/PMs and Showdown PMs may not be recognized as legitimate
The rules do state that a teamwide tag must be initiated, which LilyAC did not do, but the host team agrees that the reasoning behind the rule is to ensure that someone who is capable of providing a substitute is notified before the act call is posted, with ample time to find a replacement. This was the case here where a co-manager was notified and looking for a replacement, but was unable to provide a substitute.

Result: LilyAC will be given the activity win over dcae for Week 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)