Smogon Battle Spot Leaderboard (updated as of Feb 2nd)

A few weeks ago, I made it to the top of USA singles with only a 1,896 rating and posted it on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1w0e1u/fluff_made_it_to_the_top_spot_in_usa_battle_spot/

Since then, the USA rankings have climbed up into the 1,900s and I found myself slipping down the ladder. However, last night I managed to climb back up to the top spot, this time with a 1,959 ranking (194-156): http://imgur.com/a/DqX6C

As commented in the reddit thread, my team is Noivern/Gengar/Azumarill/Mega Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Garchomp. There were times where I tried to replace them with some new members, but I ended up losing a lot more battles and falling even further in ranking. I'm aiming for 2,000 with this team before the season ends!

also first post since competitive post since like gen 4

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, I made it to the top of USA singles with only a 1,896 rating and posted it on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1w0e1u/fluff_made_it_to_the_top_spot_in_usa_battle_spot/

Since then, the USA rankings have climbed up into the 1,900s and I found myself slipping down the ladder. However, last night I managed to climb back up to the top spot, this time with a 1,959 ranking (194-156): http://imgur.com/a/DqX6C

As commented in the reddit thread, my team is Noivern/Gengar/Azumarill/Mega Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Garchomp. There were times where I tried to replace them with some new members, but I ended up losing a lot more battles and falling even further in ranking. I'm aiming for 2,000 with this team before the season ends!

also first post since competitive post since like gen 4
Oh so you're the guy I need to beat. I'm numbah 9 in that ss, ???. But most likely I'll never be #1 since like: too lazy =.=

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah... I'm not entirely sure where RMT-style posts should do in this forum. A lot of people post it here, so I did as well, but perhaps there should be a designated thread for it...? I'll make one.

I was in the 1800's for Specials but got a new DS, didn't realize is reset my ladder position :(

Oh well, waiting till next season then

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15218313/Rating.png

Not the most up-to-date (I did some VGC and got to 1600 something). So apparently, I'm the 2nd US Triples player and top US player overall. I really think Smogon needs to step it up next season.

If you want Triples tips feel free to ask me orrrrrr... I enabled vids on my profile because I thought they'd help people or something. http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/Z-575-5273-M/battle/

Dangit, looks like someone else in the U.S. got to 1923 in Triples...

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Got to #25 in the USA with 1759 Points in Singles, which is probably the best I did and as good as it's gonna get, haha. Pulled this with a team of Slowbro / Manectric / Gengar / Bisharp / Talonflame / Breloom :]

I have a challenge for you for the third season, U.S. Smogonites or anyone else of that matter. Beat my season 2 record. An average of 1750 over all formats.

I know we can show the world how good we are. I consider it insulting to all of us that none of us are near 10k points overall when we call ourselves the ultimate competitive pokemon website.

Edit: My second season results https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15218313/Season 2.png

Last edited:
I have a challenge for you for the third season, U.S. Smogonites or anyone else of that matter. Beat my season 2 record. An average of 1750 over all formats.
A quick note about challenges like these. The extent of ranks that players can reach more flexibly is highly dependent on the highest ranks of other players available for any of the battle modes at a given time, so 1750+ is perfectly reasonable to expect every battle mode to have players with that upper limit and beyond some time after the a new season has started (unless the battle mode becomes a ghost town). However, if someone were to ask players to beat a 2k or 2.1k rank for each battle mode then the challenge runs into issues because of how ranks work on Battle Spot. Remember that the higher ranked the player you beat, the more points you earn for that win. So for one season you could have players at 2k+, and a fair amount of them for each battle mode. But the spread of those 2k players are not distributed the same in later seasons and may not even hit a 2k spread of players.

When revamping this forum we decided to leave everything VGC related to VGC.
While VGC uses the same style of battle as seen in Flat Doubles they're different in that the usage of Pokemon permitted could be regulated differently depending on the decision of the host, such as permitting only the use of Kalos Natives which could change team-building considerations as the pool of threats/options are different.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, I've updated all the scores from this thread! Note that I've divided them by Season. While obviously, the current season will probably be the hot topic, feel free to go into your Global Link Profile to post scores from the older seasons!

VGC is very much like Flat Doubles, except the threat considerations are slightly different so that's really the only thing to think about if you can do well in its regular Flat.

Ying

2014 April Friendly Winner
edit: My current Battle Spot 3v3 Singles Rating: 2007 (183:138)
2007.png 169.png

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is my current Rotations rating, 1655. Not the best, but I only started laddering seriously on rotations recently! I've been using a team of Klefki / Mega Venusuar / Mega Kangashan / Garchomp / Rotom-W / Aegislash. I'm trying a new team based around a similar concept now though!

http://i.imgur.com/V0yhQvg.png

Currently 1748 in Single Rated - Tied 1st in my country for Singles (Australia)
Having an awfully hard time cracking the 1800 mark, have been using:
Breloom / Clefable / Garchomp / Porygon2 / Gengar (Mega) / Latios
They are not standard builds except the Breloom - Standard Technician build w/Focus Sash
Would any experienced players be willing to help me out with ideas battles etc?
I started battling in January (never battled Pokémon before - Played Red and Blue as a kid though) and need a few tips or pointers

Attachments

Last edited:

Currently how I'm doing in Season 3 (no. 1 in the USA overall and top 100 in the world overall). I need to train some stuff for Spring Friendly and Special. If you want tips or anything please let me know, I'm happy to chat pokemons.

Edit: Updated rating.

Last edited:
Seeing as how the Special Ladder for Season 3 has just finished, I thought I'd post my results for the ladder.

Due to many RL obligations I wasn't able to play as many games as I would've liked. However I was able to achieve 1742 on the Special Ladder with a 28W-14L finish. Based off of USA rankings, I am rank 27.

I do have to consider this a pretty big personal achievement as this is my first year learning and playing in the VGC format. Interestingly enough, I also noticed that every USA player with a higher ranking than me has more games played in the ladder. Not that it matters much, but I do like to commend myself for making it reasonably far with the limited time I had.

Attachments

Good stuff, klvkboom. VGC can be a fickle format.

So, yeah. Season 3 is over. I updated my previous post with how I did and here are a couple things that might be worth mentioning:
1. Broke into top 50 of the world for All Matches. Top 100 in All Matches has 98 Japanese players... 1 Korean and myself.
2. Top USA player for both Triples and Rotations of Season 3 (also top 100 worldwide in those).
3. No. 3 in USA singles and No. 6 in USA Doooooooobles.
4. I hate VGC, lol.
5. Flame Orb is one of Cresselia's top 10 items in Rotations. Gee I wonder who did that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)