Smog Awards 2021: Voting Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Also I am not a weeb. I don't watch anime or read manga. I like visual novels that sometimes happen to have japanese artstyles but I find anime eyes physically repulsive and the more un-anime-y something looks the easier it is for me to enjoy. This year I played 428: Shibuya Scramble, a VN with real actors instead of drawings, and it kicked ass. I do also enjoy games like Root Double but it is firmly in spite of the artstyle and absolutely not due to it.

To this day, despite infinite recommendations by many friends, I refuse to play Steins;Gate due to the overly animey artstyle. I deny that I am a weeb because I am not a weeb. Of course this is what a weeb in denial would also say, but that's irrelevant - I simply do not watch anime. Ask anybody who has ever shared a teamchat with me my linecount in the anime channels. Any time the topic comes up I shoo them away to the anime channel because I don't give a fuck. However I take great pleasure in discussing strong narrative-driven games in any artstyle, from Disco Elysium to the aforementioned 428:SS to - why not - anime-style games like Danganronpa if it happens to be in my way. But my love is entirely for the narrative and intrigue, not one bit for the anime.

And if you want to play a good visual novel you should try a game my friend made, on which I worked as proofreader/playtester/puzzle designer, called The Divine Deception. I would love you forever if you did. If you do not, I will continue to look at you in disgust and displeasure, much like I look at anime. Fuck anime.
ok danganronpa pfp

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
3ACDE9F2-089F-4AB7-9D57-43A2956B3FF4.jpeg

this is a welcome surprise after only being a mod again for half of 2021, so thanks to my fans, loved ones, and Patreon subscribers for really boosting my campaign

y’all are sweethearts :tyke:

if i win: FREE DRINKS* ON ME AT THE SMOGOFF AFTER PARTY!!!

*limit 1 per customer, must be of legal drinking age in the United States, and cannot be traded for food so don’t fucking ask

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
View attachment 409232

this is a welcome surprise after only being a mod again for half of 2021, so thanks to my fans, loved ones, and Patreon subscribers for really boosting my campaign

y’all are sweethearts :tyke:

if i win: FREE DRINKS* ON ME AT THE SMOGOFF AFTER PARTY!!!

*limit 1 per customer, must be of legal drinking age in the United States, and cannot be traded for food so don’t fucking ask
I think that Clementine will be interested in the free drink.

Just saw that I've been nominated for this.

No, I'm not honored to belong to this.

No, I don't find the grace in this nomination.

And I don't even see the point of this contest.

What is the prize supposed to be? Should we feel special to see our name there? How empty are our lives?

I am convinced that the world does not need any of that, much less in the current situation we are experiencing.

Contests like this are just one of the thousands of internet distractions that human beings face day after day, whether they are aware of this problem or not. We're turning ourselves into fucking fools because of this.

Into. Fucking. Fools.

We are not going to win anything by investing so much time in this game, time that we could be using to improve our physique, time that we could use to laugh with our family, time to read a book that we fucking want to read. Any progress we make to improve our lives helps, no matter how small it is.

Personally, my competitive attitude does not allow me to leave this forum without having achieved a relevant achievement. Still, I've also been working on myself in parallel to this game, and I have to say it feels a lot better than being named in any of these categories.

This is all I have to say for now.

Open your fucking eyes, have a good day and vamos Real Club Celta de Vigo.

Fardin

Tournament Banned

What is the prize supposed to be? Should we feel special to see our name there? How empty are our lives?

I am convinced that the world does not need any of that, much less in the current situation we are experiencing.

Contests like this are just one of the thousands of internet distractions that human beings face day after day, whether they are aware of this problem or not. We're turning ourselves into fucking fools because of this.

Into. Fucking. Fools.

We are not going to win anything by investing so much time in this game, time that we could be using to improve our physique, time that we could use to laugh with our family, time to read a book that we fucking want to read. Any progress we make to improve our lives helps, no matter how small it is.

Personally, my competitive attitude does not allow me to leave this forum without having achieved a relevant achievement. Still, I've also been working on myself in parallel to this game, and I have to say it feels a lot better than being named in any of these categories.

When someone asks me what it means to be depressed

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Into. Fucking. Fools.

Can I take your place in the nominations?

That’s all I HAVE TO SAY, for now… ;)

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor

It's an honor to be up for this year's Smog Awards. Thank you all for putting my humble voice acting thread among the other two threads. Regardless of the end result, I'm so glad that you (yes you poster on smogon(dot)com) have taken the time to listen to me practice my voice acting skills with some of the most iconic posts here. This thread wouldn't have been possible without the amazing posts of others and I stand on the shoulders of giants here with this nomination.

Thanks again and if you'd like any voice acting for projects, my inbox is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)