Smog Awards 2021: Voting Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2141.png

I am an ENIGMA. A PROBLEM and a MYSTERY for everyone involved. What am I going to do next? The questions never end. so enigmatic. i would not be so bold as to suggest you vote for me in the most enigmatic user category, as I am simply a MYSTERIOUS OBSERVER in all of this. but it's the obvious choice.

so mysterious

On behalf of the wider PS! Community, I must respectfully urge you all to vote Jayi for Most Overlooked User. His most regrettable and embarassing actions have lacked the glow of the public spotlight for far too long. No longer should he be able to forget major historical events, fail basic math and biology, or get his HDMI cable taken by his parents without the extensive public ridicule that he deserves. For the sake of establishing the most righteous, equitable, and democratic results, Jayi must be awarded the overbearing parental attention that he requires to function in society.

Also support the art homies lol
shut the fuck up

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
shut the fuck up
In response to this and Violet's post, I'd like to tell the story of Jayi's desk. Jayi was having a tough time on the popular game FIFA, 16 losses in a row with no wins. In a moment of rage, Jayi slammed his controller into his desk, creating a hole. Jayi knows if his parents find out, not only is the slipper coming out but his HDMI cable is getting taken. The dude hid it with some books. He moves out for uni... and takes the books with him. His mum did indeed find the hole in the desk, and I'm fairly sure he came home to her with slipper in hand.

If we continue overlooking users like Jayi, these stories will never see the light of day.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
How did anybody nom me for best contributor I thought me and May were the only ones who looked at RBY analyses ever. Wtf. Thanks.

Also I am not a weeb. I don't watch anime or read manga. I like visual novels that sometimes happen to have japanese artstyles but I find anime eyes physically repulsive and the more un-anime-y something looks the easier it is for me to enjoy. This year I played 428: Shibuya Scramble, a VN with real actors instead of drawings, and it kicked ass. I do also enjoy games like Root Double but it is firmly in spite of the artstyle and absolutely not due to it.

To this day, despite infinite recommendations by many friends, I refuse to play Steins;Gate due to the overly animey artstyle. I deny that I am a weeb because I am not a weeb. Of course this is what a weeb in denial would also say, but that's irrelevant - I simply do not watch anime. Ask anybody who has ever shared a teamchat with me my linecount in the anime channels. Any time the topic comes up I shoo them away to the anime channel because I don't give a fuck. However I take great pleasure in discussing strong narrative-driven games in any artstyle, from Disco Elysium to the aforementioned 428:SS to - why not - anime-style games like Danganronpa if it happens to be in my way. But my love is entirely for the narrative and intrigue, not one bit for the anime.

And if you want to play a good visual novel you should try a game my friend made, on which I worked as proofreader/playtester/puzzle designer, called The Divine Deception. I would love you forever if you did. If you do not, I will continue to look at you in disgust and displeasure, much like I look at anime. Fuck anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)