Project SM OU Teambuilding Workshop 2019 [Open!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone.

I'm requesting a team featuring Thundurus-Therian. Any team mates or set is fine.

Arigatou gozaimasu.
They're kind of bogged down with requests right now, but I can say from experience he works great on rain teams. Try using him instead of the standard Magearna or Tapu Koko, and keep the rest of the team pretty much the same as normal. Just remember to use Thunder!

M-Diancie used to be a boss in X & Y, but I've struggled to do much with it this gen. It doesn't sweep like it used to, nor is it a reliable hazard blocker or setter. I think it can still be an effective wallbreaker, so hopefully you all can come up with a team that lets it punch plenty of holes. Thanks in advance!

Hey, I have recently enjoyed the ban of Zygarde from OU, as it has allowed what has arguably been one of my favorite sets on one of my most favorite gen 7 Pokemon. Yes, I am talking about the one and only SPECS TAPU KOKO!

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
- Roost / Dazzling Gleam

This mon is a very amazing wallbreaker that is able to decimate Pokemon that would otherwise be able to stomach Electric moves like Heatran, Tyranitar, and Mega Scizor. I have always been a fan of this set, but unfortunately, during the Zygod meta it really fell off due to the huge popularity of Grass-types that rose in usage to check it. However, now that these aforementioned Grass-types are having less usage, this set can shine once more. Unfortunately, I have been having trouble trying to build around this mon w/o stacking weakness. I could use some help with a team featuring this mon. Offense preferred.

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
approved by lyd

I wanted to request a build around the defensive core of hippowdon + toxapex, which is a core I used to like a lot before USM went out, and seeing it in spl made me want to play it again.
Those two mons cover each others weaknesses quite well, while offering a lot of utility with SR, Haze, Toxic/Toxic spikes, to support the team.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic/Toxic Spikes
- Haze

I'm not quite sure about what the spreads/exact move set should be, but anyway, it's something up to you guys. I would appreciate some kind of bulky offense/balance but I would be glad with anything you guys would come up with anyway.

crawdaunt.gif

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / ???
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer / Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch / Superpower

Hey ya'll, Crawdaunt is one of my favorite wallbreakers and one of my favorite pokemon. Super satisfying to click moves with, and it can force chip on pokemon like tang, fini, and ferro.

I've been struggling to build it with pokemon that can both enable it to fulfill its role, as well as with mons that can take advantage of the forced chip. When I try to facilitate Crawdaunt's presence, my team often lacks important properties like offensive checks, speed control, or effective cleaners / sweepers.

I'm also open to other Crawdaunt sets like SD or DD. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MeeMoon78

Banned deucer.
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

I would like a stall team built around these two. Thank you.

+

Alakazam Mega + Magearna

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon

- Focus Blast

I wanted to make certain that I had a solid partner for one of my favorite Pokemon since I was a kid, Alakazam. I found Magearna to be a good answer due to its ability to deal with a lot of dark types that Alakazam may struggle with. If a psychic sweep isn't viable in the late game for Alakazam, I can count on Magearna to be able to pick up the slack after a boost or two. If the teambuilder would like to swap out Magearna in favor of something more interesting, they're more than welcome to do so though!

I would like to request a team built around the double dragon core of Mega Latios and Kyurem B

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Psychic/Draco Meteor/Hidden Power Fire/???

and
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Roost/???
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

To my knowledge, these are the two most common sets for Latios and Kyurem and for good reason, imo. I think they're both very splashable. As strong special attacking dragons, they have decent offensive synergy together in that they have similar checks that can be overwhelmed.
These two are some of my fave mons to use and just click buttons with and every time I try to build around them I end building something pretty awful lul. I'd like the team to be either offense or balance. If you could fit a Tapu Koko on the team as well, I'd like that, but it's not as important. Feel free to take any liberty to change the sets, but these are what I would prefer.
Thanks! :]

Hi, tried to build around Grass Spam with Tapu Bulu and Kartana but i'm not satisfied with my team. Thanks in avance !

I would like to request a team built around Electrium-Z Kyurem-B and Tapu Koko. Electrium-Z allows Kyurem-B to break through mons like AV Mage and Jirachi, but in order to do this, it requires electric terrain from koko to fully do so. Koko can also Volt/Turn safely into Kyurem-B. Having Electrium-Z allows it to run HP fire mainly for Mega Scizor but also for a way to hit Ferrothorn.

Kyurem-Black @ Electrium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Idk what to do with the koko set or spread should be so you guys can tweak them however way you guys need to.

Hello, I'd like to make a request for a team around Rockium-Z Garchomp and Scarf Protean Greninja.

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Feel free to modify Gren set as there are a lot of options available obviously :)
Thanks in advance!

maybe a team with greninja and zapdos? I'm pretty new to this so I guess a balanced team? Sorry for not being specific..

Tapu Bulku + Double Dance Magearna

I love both of these individually and they work great together. Grassy Terrain lets Magearna take hits from EQ threats like Lando-T that normally kill it before it can fight back. Bulu is an absolute tank with 3 forms of regen.

You can change these sets around a bit but I'd like to keep the double dance on Mag. I've used Corkscrew Crash Focus Blast Magearna before, but that was only because I had enough fairy coverage already. Would also like to toy with Terrain Extender on the Bulu.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

ponponyo

formerly ssunbae
hello, i want to request a team with life orb clefable
please change the evs/moveset if there's something more optimal
thanks in advance!

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

Hey guys can i ask for a team with Ditto+ CB HoopaU? I know ditto its not B or more but I think he can work well here. Ditto dislikes Sub ussers and CM ussers. Hoopa can deal with this guys and proceed to open holes in the enemy team as a breaker so ditto can clean in late game.

Would it be alright if I requested a mon that was already suggested, but with a different set? I'm specifically referring mega-chomp, as I see the stealth-rock set but not a more physically based SD one

yeah that should be fine.

on another note i'll be making a post tomorrow with some teams stay tuned, this is not dead :)
Firstly, thanks for the quick reply! And moving on to my request...

garchomp-mega.gif

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Mega-Chomp's sheer wall breaking power is insane and while the drop in speed hurts it can still do a lot of damage. I personally prefer the physical set, as it's easier to find things that hit hard on the special side that love having their checks and counters gone. It also, if combined with something like Tapu Fini, basically rips any stall team without Skarmory wide open unless you opt for Fire Blast over Draco Meteor. I wouldn't recommend it as it's a bit niche, but it is something to keep in mind. I'm not suggesting Fini as a core by the way, just as something that I've used and seen success with. If you can slow down the opponent with stuff like Thunder Wave or Webs (only tried the former) it can also just sweep as well since the loss in speed from it's normal form is negligible with everything slowed down to it's level, leaving power to be the big factor between the two and Mega-Chomp definitely takes the cake in that department.

Last edited:
Hi, I would like a team with Kommo-o with this set:

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

thank you!

Serperior @ Leftovers

Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Glare

If you wanted the definition of a pokemon that follows the snowballeffect it's serperior. With it's massively powerful stab leaf storm with no draw backs but a 10% chance to miss that boosts it's special attack every time it's used, it's a good thing it's mediocre stat spread and move pool hold it back from being broken like similar pokemon with op abilities on them like mega kangaskhan. Still it's fast and can gain traction to make up for it's lack luster starting power and poor attacking movepool with contary and glare to cripple or boost when needed. I'm hoping for some help to build a team that can take advantage of it's ability to steam roll and cripple while making up for it's inmability to deal with pokemon it simply cannot boost over like mega-lati@s, perhaps a grass/water/fire bulky offensive core?

Hello everyone,

I would be very grateful if you could help me with a team around the following core:
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

thanks in advance !

Greetings everyone!
In this post I would like to ask for a team made around one of the most feared Pokémon in BW1: TERRAKION.

I was first thinking to use CB Terrak or a Dual Dance set, but I dropped it in favour of just a SD set because EQ is a nice coverage move.

Since it's a pretty self-explanatory set, I don't know what else I can add.

Porthos (Terrakion) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

I would love to get into OU, specially using one of my favorite mons (sadly, I can't ask for a M-Aero team since the thing isn't viable, lmao:[ )
Thank you so much in advance!

EDIT: Since lyd said it was okay, I would preffer to have this Terrak in a balanced team. I know that I will probably have to wait more for my team since it's more specific, but I have no problem at all when it comes to waiting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)