OU SM OU - Teambuilding Competition : October 2023 Revival (Week 1: Seismitoad on post #290)

I actually very much like all the teams this week, obviously a lot of good thinking went into a lot of the team structures - good job everyone! It's nice to have some activity in the SM forum again :boi:.

A couple of particular shout-outs:

- Team 6; I really like the thought process of :pinsir-mega: + glare :serperior: + :custap berry: :magnezone:. Very cool!

- Team 12; Bullet Seed :heracross-mega: + :rockium-z: :tapu-bulu: is such a simple but effective pairing. Super clean design space.

- Team 13; :moltres: is an absolute don imo. Difficult to build with though, so kudos for using it for the teambuilding comp :blobthumbsup:.

That being said, the team I am going to vote for is Team 3. I really like Mega-Aggron, and this looks to be exactly the type of build I like to pilot on the ladder. Again, a simple team structure, but very clean in execution.

So many choices, all those teams are excellent!
the teams I like the most:
-team 10: heat af, :houndoom-mega:+:tapu-lele: is a fun and nasty pairing.
-team 11: I really like the principle of the team, :espeon: is a nice pick and goes well with the rest of the team.
-team 12: effective grass spam, good composition with the boy :heracross-mega:.

My vote goes to team 2. The team is well crafted with an effective thought process and solid win conditions.

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
And with that, Team 2 by myself, KaiserKaiba, wins the first week of the SM Teambuilding Competition. It will be added to the Hall of Fame.
Let's move to week 2 now! According to the survey, this week's new theme is:

Week 2 : Eject Button

item_0547.png

Hit-or-Miss on paper, Eject Button is an item that has few uses in modern SM OU. Usually, the cost of Eject Button can only be borne by pokemon able to work without an item such as Toxapex or Slowbro. However, the trade is worth: Eject Button synergizes nicely with any Wallbreaker (such as Heracross-Mega or Medicham-Mega) or Trapper (such as Weavile or Magnezone).
For this week, the goal is to build a team with at least 1 pokemon holding an Eject Button.
Round shall end on Monday 13 march at 11: 59 PM GMT-5. Have Fun!

Last edited:
Eject Button + Alolan-Golem

:sm/golem-alola: :sm/toxapex: :sm/scizor-mega: :sm/kartana: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/tapu lele:

Hello again, here is my submission for the week.

This time, I opted to use a mon that is usually not on anyone's radar - Alolan Golem. This is because it is usually straight up worse than Magnezone. However, Alolan Golem has one niche over the floating magnet; the ability to trap Heatran. Eject button also works well with Alolan Golem, as its typing is quite terrible, leaving it unable to safely switch into many attacks.
:Golem-Alola: Our main man, he can trap and destroy :heatran:, :magearna:, :celesteela:, :skarmory:, & :ferrothorn: for our other team members.

:toxapex: I used to quite like the core of Toxapex + Landorus-T + Scizor back in like 2017-18, and I thought that this might be the perfect time to bust out the old structure; here Toxapex is our eject button carrier, and general wall.

:Scizor-Mega: Scizor appreciates the removal of thick steels, and so partners well with Alolan-Golem. Here, it works even better than Magnezone, as Heatran, who is a natural wall to non SP scizor, can also be dealt with.

:kartana: Another pick to abuse the trapping prowess of Golem, Kartana also acts as speed control and an anti-rain pick. It is also our defogger.

:Landorus-Therian: Defensive Lando is needed to shore up the teams weaknesses, and it carries stealth rock to boot.

:Tapu Lele: Our final breaker, specs Lele has a bit of non-synergy with Scizor, so watch out for that - having fat steels removed allows Lele to really spook the opponent, however.

That concludes my team for the week. As you can see, the idea is very simple.
Cool idea for the competition this round Kaiba!​

Last edited:

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
RegenButton Spam featuring Altaria and Alolem
:sm/altaria-mega: :sm/amoonguss: :sm/toxapex: :sm/tornadus-therian: :sm/golem-alola: :sm/heatran:
(click on sprites for importable)

Super happy to finally showcase this monstrosity of a team
Altaria-Mega is a very unique Pokemon in the SM OU metagame, but it faces some issue in the face of bulky steel-types like Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Scizor and Magnezone. It also struggles with Toxapex and bulky Magearna, and the DD set requires a lot of support.
Having a Magnet Pulling teammate felt necessary, but instead of the usually far superior Magnezone, I went with the very underrated Alolan Golem, as it can trap Heatran and Magearna, removing the former and weakening the latter for Altaria. It's also great at softening Steels like the aformentioned Celesteela and Scizor, and it felt like the ideal partner.
Golem, however, struggles to switch into these mons; Scizor and Magearna can pivot out with U-turn and Volt Switch respectively, Heatran deletes it with Earth Power and even Celesteela can be a nuisance with Leech Seed, so having an Eject Button Pokemon on the team helps it trap those more efficiently.
Regenerator + Eject Button has been a tried and true combination for generations at this point, and instead of simply having one, this team features 3 RegenButton users in Amoonguss, Toxapex and Tornadus-T.
On top of that, Offensive Taunt Tran helps remove the likes of Toxapex, Gliscor, and even Chansey for Altaria to go ham on the opposition.

:altaria-mega:
Bulky DD Altaria is a very nice set here, allowing the team to have an AshGren switch in even prior to Mega Evolving thanks to the RegenButton mons; you can freely switch Pex or Amoonguss into Gren, get Ejected out and freely Mega with Altaria.
Facade is here to act as a status absorber, allowing Alt to eat Burns from Scalds and whatnot without immediately becoming deadweight.
Speed is there for Timid Heatran, and EVs are put into HP and SpD to more easily take on Koko, Greninja and even Latias.
EQ doesn't feel necessary here, but it comes in handy vs Magearna in general, while also hitting other Fairy resists that Golem can't always beat like Toxapex, Magnezone and Mawile.

:amoonguss: :toxapex: :tornadus-therian:
The RegenButton core is here to make the Stall MU easier, with 2 TSpikes absorbers on the team, and a way to pivot into common threats like Greninja, Kartana, Medicham and Scizor.
Nothing to crazy here, their main role is to sponge a hit to get Altaria, Golem or Heatran in safely.

:golem-alola:
Golem traps and weakens or outright beats the aforementioned mons with Wild Charge, Earthquake or Fire Punch, and Explosion is here as its last move to prevent set-up attempts form the likes of Latias, SD Tapu Bulu and Kommo-o. It's not the best Pokemon around, as it's really slow and can be taken advantage of, but it does its job here.

:heatran:
Heatran is here as a Rocker, additional Fairy / Psychic resist, and helps Altaria by trapping and potentially removing Toxapex from the equation.
Timid is chosen over Modest for opposing Heatran, SD Gliscor, Zapdos and bulky Lando.

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Medicham-Mega + Weavile Choice Band Balance

:SM/Amoonguss: :SM/Medicham-Mega: :SM/Tapu Fini: :SM/Celesteela: :SM/Landorus-Therian: :SM/Weavile:

For this week, I wanted to toy with the usual core of Medicham-Mega + Pursuit Support. Amoonguss + Celesteela will form a very solid backbone to cover our ass against most shit you will encounter, then, Tapu Fini and Landorus-Therian will fill the usual utility slots with both Defog and Stealth Rock. To be honest, this is extremely similar to a team that Kyo already posted in SM OU Team Bazaar thread, but I still think this "variant" of mine is worth to try.
:Amoonguss: Like Clementine said just above my post, Regenerator + Eject Button is a true-and-tried combination and, here, I will also apply the same idea with Amoonguss. Eject Button allows you to eat pivoting moves such as Volt Switch and U-turn and immediatly pressure with your dummy breakers such as Medicham-Mega, Weavile and Landorus-Therian. Finally, Spore is a fantastic tool to enable the offensive pressure from your breaker.

:Medicham-Mega: Very straight-forward pokemon, Medicham-Mega just needs to click its stabs to weaken everything that dare to switch on it. I prefer Ice Punch to be able to pressure Latias-Mega and Gliscor without relying too much on Weavile. Fake Out is too useful here to improve a bit the, overall, low speed control.

:Tapu Fini: Not only the being the sole defogger, Tapu Fini will helps us to soft-check countless threats such as Lopunny-Mega, Medicham-Mega, Ash-Greninja or Heatran. Both stabs for obvious reason and, here, I prefer more Nature's Madness to just weaken anything that try to abuse Tapu Fini and, at worst, force recovery and use that to sent "safely" another breaker and keep the pressure.

:Celesteela: Usually a pokemon I dislike, here it will complete our defensive backbone alongside Amoonguss and allow us to reduce the speed control by checking the fastest threat of the tier Alakazam-Mega. Moreover, it will provide another answer to Kartana and Tapu Bulu. I also like a lot Leech Seed as a way to give "recovery" for the rest of the squad.

:Landorus-Therian: The best glue of the tier will help to add more offensive pressure with the combination of Swords Dance + Flyinium Z + Stealth Rock. Moreover, Landorus-Therian will round well our team with its usual great bulk + exceptionnal double typing + good ability.

:Weavile: Good Speed, Pursuit is broken; Weavile is the kind of pokemon that often works much better in reality than on paper. Here, with the combination of Pursuit + Choice Band, Weavile has one job: removing bulky psychic such as Latias-Mega, Slowbro or Reuniclus.

Hope you will like the team. See you soon. S/O to Proftreez, MangoSteak and RufflesPro for the help.

:eject-button: Ferrothorn+Pursuit supported Medicham
:sm/ferrothorn::sm/tyranitar::sm/medicham-mega::sm/landorus-therian::sm/tapu-koko::sm/tornadus-therian:
While building the team, I tried to think of a pokemon able to punish both u-turn and volt-switch while making good use of the eject button.
:ferrothorn:: Ferrothorn came as the solution, punishing u-turns with iron barbs, resisting volt switch, and winning an emergency exit vs trappers like scarf magnezone thanks to this special item. You can choose between spikes to help Medicham and Koko vs fatter builds or protect to decide the moment when you will use the item and to have a better matchup vs Lopunny.
:tyranitar:+:medicham-mega:: Pairing it with both a trapper like tyranitar and a breaker in Medicham seemed logical as they help each other greatly. Tyranitar will punish pivot moves with pursuit or counter. Medicham profits greatly from Tyranitar removing bulky psychic types and is the main breaker of the team entering the field for free thanks to the eject button.
:landorus-therian:: Scarf landorus was then chosen to fully punish volt-switch users: either doing heavy damage, using defog, or pivoting on Medicham.
:tapu-koko:: Water-type pokemon were looking quite dangerous and needed a pokemon capable of withstanding hits from mainly Hawlucha : Tapu Koko answered all of that, pairing well with Medicham, becoming our Z user and another offensive pivot.
:Tornadus-therian:: Finally, Tornadus seemed great vs other fighting types and grass types becoming the final eject button user. Tornadus' capabilities to survive a wide variety of hits paired well with the eject button+regenerator. With this set you can keep attacking opponents to make damage vs Heatran and Ferrothorn with focus blast, and Landorus or Gliscor with hp-ice to finally switch out when they are forced to attack. Taunt finish the set as a way to prevent set-up, defog or hazards.

Observation Haki (Future Sight + Eject Button)
:xy/tyranitar-mega::xy/tapu lele::xy/slowbro::xy/amoonguss::xy/excadrill::xy/tornadus-therian:

:tyranitar-mega: + :tapu lele: - I'm very fond of Mega Ttar + Tapu Lele combo. Feel like it's one of those hidden combos that have very good synergy, even defensively (the one thing Tapu Lele can switch on are the fighting moves Mega Ttar baits). Ttar here is also the pursuit user of choice, which is effective w/ an Eject Button user. Using HP Fire on Lele so team doesn't fall to Mega Scizor

:slowbro: - Z-future sight is a very fun set I'll give it to you straight. The idea behind the team is to set up future sight -> go to eject button -> land w/ Lele. Now Specs Lele is in the field with Future Sight hitting (in terrain) coming in. Yeah ... nothing can really switch. Even after Eject button is consumed, you can use Tornadus-T to switch in Lele. It's not the same, but you get a future sight w/ terrain up followed by a Specs Lele.

:amoonguss: - my eject button user of choice. Really good vs. rain and greninja especially with eject button.

:Excadrill: + :tornadus-therian: - My true colors come out w/ these two sets. This core is straight out of ORAS and it's very effective. Utility drill has a niche in SM by being a great Magearna/Koko switch in. Sand Rush Drill doubles down and shuts all sets pretty much. I use substitute to call out common doubles that happen vs. drill, but SD, Toxic, or Rock Slide can all be used as well. AV Torn-T checks Zam, Lele, etc. in a pinch, while still providing a grass check alongside Amoonguss.
Speed on Drill is to outspeed +2 Mega Ttar under sand.

Alternate options:
Tornadus-T can run taunt + Z crystal since it's feasible to do double Z crystals when 1 of them is slowbro.

Azumarill Eject Button Rain
:sm/pelipper: :sm/swampert-mega: :sm/ferrothorn: :sm/tornadus-therian: :sm/greninja-ash: :sm/azumarill:
https://pokepast.es/69842695783b1d55

:pelipper: The standard rain setting pokemon; u-turn lets it pivot around, roost keeps it healthy, defog clears hazards and of course scald.

:swampert: Our first rain abuser. It uses substitute to protect it from toxic/burns and lets it get an extra turn against pokemon that usually force it out. The hp investment means toxapex scald in rain doesn't break sub.

:ferrothorn: Both the rocks and spikes setter for the team and provides a great set of resistances for the team. The twist is the item; eject button. this lets you get valuable momentum against any team, it also stops a volt switch/u-turn once to really get momentum on your side.

:tornadus-therian: The second eject button pokemon on this team but after it is consumed it can still pivot around with u-turn. Hurricane never misses in rain so its gotta run that, knock off is an amazing move; IMO every team needs a knock off user and torn is an excellent user. Last move is taunt to try and prevent hazards/healing/set up moves.

:greninja-ash: This pokemon is a massive threat on rain just due to its sheer power. I run ice beam on this to hit grass types as we don't need spikes(ferrothorn already has spikes) and surf > hydro pump because the extra power isn't too necessary and not missing is very nice.

:azumarill: I chose azumarill over manaphy for this slot because i thought it was able to abuse the support of eject button more as it provides it a safe way to switch in and it maximizes our set up opportunity. +6 aqua jet in rain also just hits like a truck.

Some replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1818868680-yxkwct7krn3znchelp3tbg3dl1s40xapw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1818905007-ex3pt0tdql66d6ug2qo6bhtuh8q39jepw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1818945727-dto0t7iybcjfcm28a2g3didq1bg6viipw (even though the team lost it showed it off quite well)

Hope you enjoy the team!

Eject Button Zone - Band Bulu + Specs Zone
1678519746783.png
1678511337781.png
1678511366766.png
1678511577281.png
1678511640194.png
1678511594471.png

I really like tapu bulu teams, so I decided to bring a classic synergy between these 2, taking inspiration from this team Ultra SM OU Bazaar
  • 1678519811104.png
    Garchomp will be selected as our rock setter, dragonium sword dance set, taking advantage of magnezone's abilities to trap celesteela and skarmory 2 of his best counters if he doesn't have rockium.​
  • 1678518259437.png
    Alakazam mega will be my sweeper once magenzone is in charge of weakening the opponent's steel types, thanks to its ability it works as a secondary control for heatran, it is used with energy ball to fight swampert in the rain.​
  • 1678518497799.png
    Tapu bulu with a band does not need much explanation, it just enters and breaks with its plant movements, thanks to the steel control offered by magnezone it does not have to predict the opponent's changes so much, you can use a cheerful nature in case you want to outspeed heatran modest.​
  • 1678518798770.png
    Magnezone is the star of this team, with the set specs he makes sure to do the most damage possible, in case you need better control against kartana you can use a scarf or air balloon with leviton for excadrill.
  • 1678519019931.png
    Toxapex is great offensive threat control, having the eject button can allow me to switch to my sweepers or magnezone to trap some steel type.
  • 1678519343728.png
    Tornadus is again a defogger and kartana control, taking advantage of his ability he also has the eject button, if you don't like to repeat an object you can take a rocky helmet instead.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Week 2: Toxapex Grass Spam
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c9e98a573234488
:tapu bulu: :kartana: :magnezone: ::toxapex: :Scizor-Mega: :garchomp:

Toxapex: On Grass Spam, it provides a good check to offensive fire types like Buginium Z Volcarona and Zard Y that the archetype traditionally struggles wih. Also provides a solid check to Ash-Greninja.

Tapu Bulu: Wears down shared checks like Tornadus-Therian to help Scarf Kartana to sweep. Helps somewhat vs rain teams and Ash-Greninja. Helps check SD Gliscor. On the offensive side Grassy terrain makes Kart much more threatening as well. The team's defensive pokemon all greatly appreciate Grassy Terrain recovery. It is the team's main wallbreaker, forming part of the Standard Grass Spam core with Kartana.

Kartana: Provides obligatory speed control and threatens to clean up teams after all the damage done by Tapu Bulu. Also provides emergency Defog support.

Magezone: Traps and removes steel types like Celesteela, Ferrothorn and Skarmory that wall the Grass Spam core. Provides support vs Choiced variants of Kartana and non-SD Mega Mawile, but this is often unnecessary as I already have good defenses against both. AV + Mirror Coat may also be run to help in the Heatran MU.

Scizor: Provides an obligatory check to MZam and non-HP Fire Tapu Lele. Also helps check most variants of Kartana. Pursuit helps put pressure on the MLati twins, which Scarf Kartana appreciates.

Garchomp: Provides an obligatory ground type to block volt switch. Punishes U-Turn users like Landorus-Therian. Rock Tomb helps keep up rocks vs Tornadus-Therian, which is greatly appreciated by the two Grass types. It also provides a good check to Heatran and can beat Psychium Z Volc(after it uses its Z-Move on Pex) in a pinch. Also helps remedy the MU vs Mega Medicham. SD Dragonium Z may also be used, as Magnezone removes 2 of its best counters in Celesteela and Skarmory.

Last edited:
Intro:
The eject button; in my opinion a severely underutilized within the context of a metagame as potentially high octane and offensive as sm and its personally one of my favorite items to toy with in the builder. While organically I wanted to build something revolving around eject slowbro, regenerator eject-pivots have pretty much been done to death (especially with trappers), I decided to experiment with a mon usually valued for its defensive capabilities that has seen a spike in usage over the past few years on select styles of offense: cresselia. Cresselia is notorious for two things: its disruption capabilities thanks to an expansive pool of support options including its signature move, lunar dance; and its immense bulk letting it avoid being ohkod (and 2hkod for that matter) by practically everything. I decided to pair cresselia with two fixtures on modern hyper offense: mega charizard x and magearna; with an eject button in tow cresselia opened positions for the two to abuse their natural bulk and typing to set up and tear holes in the opposition. Additionally, with lunar dance giving the duo an opportunity of a second life (particularly the rocks weak recoil magnet in mega charizard x), the offensive potential of the duo was an enticing prospect and one I immediately pursued. I decided to utilize the relatively forgotten excadrill as my dedicated lead and as a way to anti the most popular hyper offense leads in mew and mega diance, alongside an underrated option in utility thundurus-t, which I chose for its more threatening offensive potential then the usual serperior, forming my anti-hazard core (a necessity for hyper offenses abusing rock weak sweepers). Finally, I added dragonite as a final sweeper and means of patching up unfavorable matchups thanks to its combination of multiscale and extreme speed. Hyper offense is not a style I am very familiar with (or fond of for that matter), so making a composition I actually enjoy is a big plus. Now then, without further ado, I present to you:

ECLIPSE
Mega Charizard X + Eject Button Cresselia Hyper Offense:

(Click images for paste!)

The Team:
:Charizard-Mega-X:
One of the most devastating sweepers in the current metagame and part one of my breaking duo, mega charizard x acts as one of my primary breakers while blanket checking a pleathora of dangerous mons such as kartana thanks to its great natural bulk and typing. Very few teams are adequately prepared for mega charizard x—particularly a boosted one—and it can quickly snowball into a the opposition losing several key defensive pieces, before coming back in at full again to continue wrecking havoc (courtesy of cresselia's lunar dance). Substitute was chosen in order to abuse the switchin opportunities netted by cresselia, particularly on defensive ground types, while abusing status from the likes of toxapex. Earthquake was chosen over dragon claw in order to better abuse toxapex and to prevent heatran from doing anything goofy, as I valued the consistency more on a substitute set over the offensive potential of dragon claw. Standard evs with a jolly nature as I found tying with other base 100s to be more useful then the minuscule bulk increase.

:Cresselia:
The star (or moon I guess) of the team and my abuser of the eject button, cresselia acts as a one-time pivot and blanket check to essentially the entire metagame, creating openings for me to position my sweepers and supporting the team with its wide array of utility options. The first three slots are in my opinion indispensable for any non-trick room (or purely defensive) variant of cresselia, with ice beam preventing the likes of garchomp or landorus from freely setting up and synergizing excellently with the speed control provided by paralysis support in thunder wave, and lunar dance revitalizing a weakened sweeper and maintain momentum. Magic coat allows me to guarantee safe entry for my sweepers by preventing status or rocks from defensive mons, enticing them to attack cresselia thereby activating eject button and allowing safe passage for its teammates to devestate the opposition. The speed investment allows it to get the jump on standard rotom-w, letting it lunar dance before being forced out by its eject button as well as surviving a +1 twinkle tackle from timid variants of calm mind magearna. The rest is allocated into physdef to take on repeated hits from the likes of mega medicham and mega lopunny, hitting a jumppoint in the process.

:Excadrill:
My dedicated lead and part one of my hazard control duo, excadrill in my eyes is a criminally underrated mon given the metagame trends, preventing most common lead variants of mew and mega diancie from setting and maintaining their hazards while bypassing the former's taunt with rapid spin and the latter's magic bounce thanks to mold breaker. Excadrill synergizes extremely well with thundurus-t, with the duo covering nearly every common hazard setter in the game bar garchomp. Rock tomb is preferred over toxic as a means of threatening tornadus-t, preventing the likes of volcarona from setting up and slowing down mons such as mega medicham or landorus-t for its slower teammates to abuse. Standard evs as bulk isn't valued with sash intact and I found the ABR tech of absorbing 4 water shurikens from pre-evolved a-greninja to be unnecessary with dragonite, cresselia and thundurus-t.

:Magearna:
Broken rabbit and part two of my breaker duo, magearna is a fixture on hyper offense structures thanks to its excellent defensive typing, great bulk and breaking capabilities with a wide array of coverage and snowballing capabilities. Calm mind 3atks was chosen alongside an aguav berry as I found it to be a more proficient breaker into more balanced structures then commonly seen shift gear or double dance variants, as well as providing flexibility into the troublesome groundtypes such as gliscor, landorus-t and garchomp that may otherwise impede my breakers. The evs allow magearna to eat, while hitting a jumppoint in spatk and creeping uninvested mega scizor (and by extension most mega mawile variants), survive jolly landorus-t earthquake from full and avoid the 2hko from mega alakazam's focus blast.

:Thundurus-Therian:
Part two of my hazard control duo, utility thundurus-t is an extremely underrated option as an excellent anti-lead (and in general utility pivot) thanks to its host of unique attributes over serperior. Thanks to its typing, thundurus-t is able to abuse tornadus-t and beat taunt variants in a 1v1 matchup regardless of set, dissuading it from preventing early hazards. Additionally, said typing allows it to avoid paralysis and effectively beat most utility serperior in a one on matchup, preventing it from acting as a disruptor in the early game. Finally with a combination of bolt-beam coverage, taunt, and a rocky helmet, thundurus-t generally finds itself to be far mroe threatening against the opposition then serperior as leaf storms low pp and limited coverage can easily be taken advantage of by common resists in the form of heatran or celesteela. Forgoing defog may seem like an odd option given the amount of rock weaks on the team, however I found the utility of taunt and thunder wave to be more beneficial for the structure, and taunt allows you to prevent hazrads from most rockers alongside excadrill bar the aformentioned garchomp. The evs allow you to avoid the ohko from pre-transformed a-greninja hydro pump, while still ohkoing offensive variants of landorus-t with hp ice.

:Dragonite:
Generally my dedicated cleaner, dragonite offers a unique host of traits that allow it to patch up unfavorable matchup thanks to its access to the coveted prioirty in extreme speed and ability in multiscale. Multiscale is an absolute godsend of an ability, guarenteeing either some form of set up or a trade opportunity. With cresselia's lunar dance, dragonite can utilize this trading ability in the mid game in order to subsequently set itself an opportunity to clean in the late game. Drag-z might seem like an odd option and inferior to the traditional fly-z, however it allows dragonite to remove rotom-w (a traditionally safe answer) while still hitting landorus-t, opening up mega charizard x in the process. Standard evs with a jolly nature were chosen over an adamant one in order to outspeed mega lopunny at +1.

Closing:
Hyper offense is pretty notorious for the amount of variance in sets that can be present within the same six, so feel free to edit the team to your liking. Some alternatives I've considered are shuca magearna, z-move magearna, lum dragonite, fly-z dragonite, 3 atks mega charizard x, defog thundurus-t, scarf excadrill and trick room (yeah you heard me) cresselia. If it kills shit and it meshes well, go ham.

Shoutouts to KaiserKaiba for some input during the building process and MangoSteak for test games. Pretty late with my submission, but it's been a pretty busy week for me. Nonetheless I hope y'all enjoy the team. Also I'm shit at writing conclusions. Bye.

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Time for the voting phase! You are already familiar with the process, however, instead of using the Smogon voting system, we will use Strawpoll to organize the vote for the next theme of the week. So, please, click on the following link (https://strawpoll.com/polls/xVg7jQXdRnr) and make sure to vote on this website!

Team 1 by Vittorioso
:Golem-Alola: :Toxapex: :Scizor-Mega: :Kartana: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Lele:

Team 2 by Clementine
:Altaria-Mega: :Amoonguss: :Toxapex: :Tornadus-Therian: :Golem-Alola: :Heatran:

Team 3 by KaiserKaiba
:Amoonguss: :Medicham-Mega: :Tapu Fini: :Celesteela: :Landorus-Therian: :Weavile:

Team 4 by Maktyum
:Ferrothorn: :Tyranitar: :Medicham-Mega: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Koko: :Tornadus-Therian:

Team 5 by RufflesPro
:Tyranitar-Mega: :Tapu Lele: :Slowbro: :Amoonguss: :Excadrill: :Tornadus-Therian:

Team 6 by CM Reuniclus
:Pelipper: :Swampert-Mega: :Ferrothorn: :Tornadus-Therian: :Greninja-Ash: :Azumarill:

Team 7 by Alexdevi
:Garchomp: :Alakazam-Mega: :Tapu Bulu: :Magnezone: :Toxapex: :Tornadus-Therian:

Team 8 by Cdijk16
:Tapu Bulu: :Kartana: :Magnezone: :Toxapex: :Scizor-Mega: :Garchomp:

Team 9 by Proftreez
:Charizard-Mega-X: :Cresselia: :Excadrill: :Magearna: :Thundurus-Therian: :Dragonite:

Remember that you can only vote for one team.
Voting will last until Thursday 16 march at 11 : 59PM GMT-5. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)