SS OU SLOWKING HAZARD STACK STALL ft. Galarian Weezing

Are you for or against stall?

• Total voters
“War on Stall” was declared a while ago I’m pretty neutral, but I think the reason people hate stall so much is that a lot of stall teams are practically the same often only varying in items EV’s and sets (not to say I haven’t seen creative stall teams https://pokepast.es/f0bd348e495d5d91 this water spam stall is super fun to play and I’ve never seen suicune in OU so it’s a treat of a team) but a lot of stalls are VERY similar, so my goal was to make a different stall, and at first the team was utter garbage (thanks Pinkacross for the helpful comments on the first iteration) so I went back to the lab, tried to find some resources to help me. Lo and behold if you scroll a little down or a little up from Pinkas original post about the war you find Mimikyustardust’s post about what stall teams should have (and how to counter them ☹) as well as Eeveeto’s post about some odd stall Pokémon that are good. (Both of those posts helped out so much, shout outs to those two)
So after days and days of making teams realizing they’re crap and repeating the process we finally got to the slowking hazard stack, and if I can be honest I’m really proud of this team, sure it might be weak to a few breakers, and sure I probably overlooked a Pokémon that 6-0s the team but I don’t care, my goal was to make a different stall not the prefect stall. Also I’m sorry for the long intro I have a tendency in real life and while writing to never shut up (also before you write your hilarious and original comment about how this team sucks and stall sucks and that it requires no skill, give the team a chance) so without further ado l proudly present the Slowking Hazard Stack Stall!

(The solution is to embrace stall reject humanity)

Starting with the defensive core, because you should build every stall team with a core in mind.

7C80DB45-C69E-4902-A926-955D24E05CCD.png

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

- Toxic / Stealth Rocks

I know I know, you all are sick and tired of the pink blob, but it forms a nice core of immunities with Shedinja, and no other Pokémon has the special bulk and cleric move pool like blissey. Our girl takes Draco meteors like it’s nothing. Toxic on common special attackers to chip them down over time, or stealth rocks to further add to the hazard stack, seismic toss to chip down mons who don’t have healing, and aromatherapy to heal off any statuses her teammates acquire over the match (stop using heal bell it’s blocked by sound proof, it’s a rare ability to see but still) max def to prevent u-turn from dealing massive damage, from stuff like specs dragapult that blis would usually counter.

03EFDA17-9A5C-4EBC-B4AB-FD8D0AC13F96.png

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Protect

- Hex

This devious little fellow walls anything that doesn’t inflict status or carry coverage, like melm, non shadowball Lele, Fini, Koko and so much more. shed and blissey build a nice core being immune to some of each other’s weaknesses. Shedinja is mainly here to spread status with toxic and wisp as well as chip with hex once status is inflicted (and an electric immunity since we don’t have a ground type) You can run safety goggles but I wouldn’t recommend it this team wants to try to try to avoid using Defog since it also removes our hazards from the field, just remember to watch out for sand storm and hail. Max speed and special attack because defense, special defense, health, and attack don’t matter to Shedinja.

(However after reading some comments I have learned that Shedinja is a pretty shaky check to the stuff it’s supposed to check because a odd set can immediately invalidate Shedninja so you can also run gastradon)

242E862E-8F53-4A94-A3E3-DE979E48F51D.jpeg

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain / Sticky Hold
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald

- Toxic
- Recover
- Earth Power

Gastradon better checks rain with storm drain as most rain mons learn dark moves to invalidate Shedinja, it can stop arctozolt from bolt beaking the entire team to oblivion (arctozolt can however click freeze dry so you’ll need to play carefully around that) it’s a better electric immunity since it doesn’t die to regielekies ancient power. Sticky hold can be run to prevent the tricking of choice items, but storm drain helps the team against rain better. Scald is stab as well as spreading potential burns on physical attackers, earthpower is the move to click against heatran and BU zeroera. Recover is for healing purposes, and toxic chips down stuff without healing. Max Def and Hp do counter watershifu and other rain mons as well as Zeroera.

A245F9E2-54F6-45B8-B4D8-795A80FAE875.png

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atc
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

- Roost

The final Pokémon of the main defensive core, skarmory is a status absorber with its immunity to toxic, the spikes user on the team, ground immunity , contact chipper, and one of the physical walls.
you are mainly switching in skarmory on physical attacks and setting up spikes. Iron defense can allow skarmory to better wall a lot of physical sweepers and hit back hard with body press
Roost is for healing purposes, and Max HP and Def to take physical attacks as well as possible.

621945A4-44F5-48D8-BBD8-994CA287C3C4.png

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane / Heat-Wave
- Knock Off / Nasty Plot

- Defog

Tornadus covers a few roles. speed control + anti set up sweeper. since speed is something stall usually lacks a lot of stuff gets to set up in your face and eat the team alive since we don’t have an unaware mon, but Torn can usually put a stop to those sweeps with taunt, it’s also a regenerator mon so our team has longevity (and forms a nice regen core with slowking). Knock off of course is to remove the opponents items most notably heavy duty boots since it allows the team to wear down the opposing mons more easily with hazards. Hurricane is just for chip and possible confusions, heat wave for the same reason minus confusion. (Changed evs because of a comment, 168 speed is used to out speed the base 110s in the tier) However Nastyplot can be run to serve as a win con for the team since it doesn’t have one.

BA0C42D8-E2E6-49F3-A33B-164F17776389.png

Weezing-Galar @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate / Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 spA
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Strange Steam / Corrosive Gas

- Flamethrower
- Pain Split

(shout outs to Eeveeto I basically just ripped this set from them) Weezing is the second physical wall of the team it’s here as another contact chipper with rocky helmet, levitate can stop SD garchomp dead in its tracks, on the other hand neutralizing can stop Regen cores as well as adaptability (and other ability’s) from running amuck all over the team.
It checks non smart strike kart (and can fire back with a flamethrower) watershifu, buzzwole, rillaboom and hawlucha (flamethrower also 2HKO’s ferrothorn). Toxicspikes to add on to the hazard stack, Corrosive gas can be run to remove items notably heavy duty since it helps with the hazard stack aspect of the team. strange steam to chip stuff like garchomp, flamethrower for the stuff I aforementioned and pain split because that’s Weezing only real way of healing, weezing is very susceptible to being chipped over time (i thought of maybe adding umbreon to the team because it could wishpass to weezing and deny future sight but I didn’t end up making the cut maybe I should add it? Idk) so try to keep it healthy.

13E68FFB-95DC-4BD8-820A-AE4EDBCFC522.png

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Future Sight
- Earthquake

- Liquidation

(Another Eeveeto set) Last and certainly not least slowking! AV slowking eats special attacks for breakfast, chips down a lot of mons with its move pool, abuses hazards with dragon tail, picks up random K.O’s/massively chips stuff with future sight, can beat CM clefable with defense drops from liquidation, and forms a regen core with tornadus, and can be an anti trick mon for some stuff like clefable. Max HP and spD to tank stuff 4 atc to get that extra bit of damage.

Hope I did a good job explaining the team and I hope my fellow stall defenders are encouraged to make new and creative stalls :) have a nice day everybody. (No I didn’t proof read, yes I copied the all caps title because it’s funny) all rates are encouraged and appreciated

Just realized I forgot to post the paste for the team so here it is https://pokepast.es/cd789e19c9337915 (Shedinja version)
https://pokepast.es/08e458b8a5412ce8 (Gastradon Version)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi! I love using stall, and this team looks fun. Most of your sets are pretty good, but here are some suggestions that I have.

:ss/shedinja:
Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak / Poltergeist

Shedinja's attack is way higher than it's special attack, so running a physical set is better. Shadow sneak and poltergeist are both viable attacking moves. Poltergeist has low PP, but it doesn't make contact and hits harder.

:ss/skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Iron Defense
- Roost

This one is more up to personal preference, but I prefer body press and iron defense over brave bird and whirlwind. This set allows you to wall physical set up sweepers and boost to become threatening with body press.

:ss/tornadus:
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane / Heat-Wave
- Knock Off
- Defog

Tornadus almost always wants to run near or at near max speed. This allows it to have a faster taunt and outspeed more stuff. 168 speed EVs outspeeds base 110s. The rest is dumped into defense to help it check things like kartana.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

tbh , the team is really weak to stuffs like choice banded urshifu-rs which is only countred by shedinja(not to say its really a shaky check since it can get knocked out during any point in the game due to unexpected sets) and life orb or protective pads kartana , though weezing-g can check non boosted kartana , but after a swords dance boost on something like shedinja or blissey , kartana becomes unstoppable (nothing can switch on knock off or stab boosted leaf blade )
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 200-237 (59.8 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 156-183 (46.7 - 54.7%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO
its pretty evident that kartana can single handedly 6-0 the entire team with some chip on weezing-g and since tornadus is 0 speed , kartana and quite easily outspeed and okho torn with +2 knock off
urshifu-rapid although doesnt ohko everything it still threatens the team and can potentially 5-0 the entire team (except shedinja as long as it does not have stone edge which is not seen on urshifu-rs)
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar on a critical hit: 180-216 (53.8 - 64.6%) -- approx. 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Skarmory: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(also guranteed 2hko with surging strike)
from all this , its quite evident that nearly nothing can switch in , on urshifu-rs or kartana .

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
tbh , the team is really weak to stuffs like choice banded urshifu-rs which is only countred by shedinja(not to say its really a shaky check since it can get knocked out during any point in the game due to unexpected sets) and life orb or protective pads kartana , though weezing-g can check non boosted kartana , but after a swords dance boost on something like shedinja or blissey , kartana becomes unstoppable (nothing can switch on knock off or stab boosted leaf blade )
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 200-237 (59.8 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 156-183 (46.7 - 54.7%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO
its pretty evident that kartana can single handedly 6-0 the entire team with some chip on weezing-g and since tornadus is 0 speed , kartana and quite easily outspeed and okho torn with +2 knock off
urshifu-rapid although doesnt ohko everything it still threatens the team and can potentially 5-0 the entire team (except shedinja as long as it does not have stone edge which is not seen on urshifu-rs)
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar on a critical hit: 180-216 (53.8 - 64.6%) -- approx. 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Skarmory: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(also guranteed 2hko with surging strike)
from all this , its quite evident that nearly nothing can switch in , on urshifu-rs or kartana .
this is completely untrue. sd kart can't touch gweezing as the usual set is knock, sacred sword, leaf blade, sd.

cb shifu is getting increasingly rare which 1) allows gweezing/skarm to switch in better and 2) shed is on this team purely to switch into lele, shifu and friends

honestly stall is kind of hard to change cuz as long as you cover most the meta threats you're fine.
this can struggle against sball lele or well played crawdaunt. This team also kinda gets 6-0ed by subswarm volc but there isn't much to be able to do about that(also if u run into bu zera just ff it 6-0s you). This team is also pweak to hail and cb kart so you might need to change a bit but there isn't much that should be changed as this is pretty solid

this is completely untrue. sd kart can't touch gweezing as the usual set is knock, sacred sword, leaf blade, sd.

cb shifu is getting increasingly rare which 1) allows gweezing/skarm to switch in better and 2) shed is on this team purely to switch into lele, shifu and friends

honestly stall is kind of hard to change cuz as long as you cover most the meta threats you're fine.
this can struggle against sball lele or well played crawdaunt. This team also kinda gets 6-0ed by subswarm volc but there isn't much to be able to do about that(also if u run into bu zera just ff it 6-0s you). This team is also pweak to hail and cb kart so you might need to change a bit but there isn't much that should be changed as this is pretty solid
You’re acting like Smart Strike isn’t a thing.

I will point out this team folds to any breaker that relies on Shedninja to wall them + Sand / Hail without Safety Goggles. Quick for instance, Bolt Beak / Blizzard from Arctozolt / Dracozolt and weather chip is going to wear down Weezing VERY fast, especially without Lefties/Black Sludge.

If you do run SG, you’ll be forced to Defog away your own hazards to keep Shedninja alive, which is far from optimal.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
i just want to point out except in hyper specific scenerios (like if you want minspeed shedinja you dont need any evs aside from attacking stats) you want to use all of your evs. yea i know 4 evs dont make much of a difference but literally they are there for you to use, why not use them?

i just want to point out except in hyper specific scenerios (like if you want minspeed shedinja you dont need any evs aside from attacking stats) you want to use all of your evs. yea i know 4 evs dont make much of a difference but literally they are there for you to use, why not use them?
because def and spdf don’t matter since shed has 1hp and I’m using hex which is a special move so I don’t need any attack evs

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
You’re acting like Smart Strike isn’t a thing.

I will point out this team folds to any breaker that relies on Shedninja to wall them + Sand / Hail without Safety Goggles. Quick for instance, Bolt Beak / Blizzard from Arctozolt / Dracozolt and weather chip is going to wear down Weezing VERY fast, especially without Lefties/Black Sludge.

If you do run SG, you’ll be forced to Defog away your own hazards to keep Shedninja alive, which is far from optimal.
ok first I said that sd kart usually doesn't run smart strike i didn't say that it doesn't run it as a whole. sd smart strike is rare. you shouldn't struggle with scarf kart with a skarm but band kart might provide problems.

also whats wrong with defogging your own hazards? stall is playing for the long game and stall usually has enough longevity to continue defogging and switching around.

ok first I said that sd kart usually doesn't run smart strike i didn't say that it doesn't run it as a whole. sd smart strike is rare. you shouldn't struggle with scarf kart with a skarm but band kart might provide problems.

also whats wrong with defogging your own hazards? stall is playing for the long game and stall usually has enough longevity to continue defogging and switching around.
I wouldn’t count out Scarf Kart either, as it is often paired with Magnezone, which means Skarmory is essentially an non-issue in that mu.

Back to my original point: Having to defog puts a lot of pressure on the pilot of the stall team if one of your mons is unusable to wall important breakers that beat your Defoger, Potent threats like Zerora, Physical Regileki, Band Melmetal, Urishifu, Mixed Nidoking, etc. are going to be a serious headache.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
because def and spdf don’t matter since shed has 1hp and I’m using hex which is a special move so I don’t need any attack evs
fair enough, shed is usually the exception since at least three of its stats are literally worthless. skarm and king can take those extra 4 though

again, no big deal either way, but you have access to them, why not use em?

I see what you are trying to say , but if read my post correctly , it says leaf blade and not smart strike , +2 kartana cannot win 1v1 vs healthy weezing-g , but kartana can deal some chip damage everytime weezing-g comes in (weezing is the only answer to boosted kart) and just switch out. Weezing lacks reliable recovery as a result it will be worn down over time and kartana in most scenarios will be able to pick up the ko on a weakend weezing-g.
Kartana doesnt really need smart strike to break the team as it can deal chip damage and come back later on special walls - blissey and even shedinja .
I would request you to read the entire post before commenting about something which is already mentioned about in my post
The calc again :
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 156-183 (46.7 - 54.7%) -- 66.8% chance to 2H
KO

The second part , though cb urshifu is rare , even the scarfed version threatens the team a lot
252+ Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar on a critical hit: 135-162 (40.4 - 48.5%) -- approx. 3HKO
252+ Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 123-145 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Yes , i do know that shedinja is the check on urshifu , but its the only check , and since it has only 1 hp , it becomes really difficult to save it in certain scenarios.

Edit : I would suggest using 252 speed torn to outspeed and and threathen a ko on kartana ,adamant weavile and urshifu ( note : everytime kartana comes in , switch to skarm if you know its not sd , else switch to torn on a potential sd , threaten it out and u-turn on the switch in to heal yourself , dont put too much pressure on weezing-g , try your best to keep it as healthy as possible , also torn needs to be healthy to switch in on those knock-offs and stuff)

Last edited:
One thing I will say is your team is very original, congrats. The thing is your team has a lot of flaws. First, relying on Shedinja as your Electric Immunity is not the greatest idea. Regieleki kills it with Ancient Power and Blissey can get overwhelmed by Rapid Spin + Electro Ball, which can allow Specs Dragapult to break through very easily. Second, Banded Tyranitar clicks Stone Edge for free as it 2-hit KOs the entire team. Third, Rains Physical Breakers such as Barraskewda/Crawdaunt basically 6-0s the team. The only thing that annoys Crawdaunt is full life Skarmory, so your opponent could set rocks and force your Skarmory out (making double switches) until it is in range of +2 Life Orb Crawdaunt ; after that it 6-0s the team. If you do not run Unaware Clefable, Crawdaunt literally can literally stay in and kill everything. With Barraskewda, the opponent has to play carefully but if he plays well and clicks Crunch predicting Shedinja, it's over : it just clicks Liquidation for free (even Slowking gets 2-hit KO'd). Third, like some people have already said Zeraora 6-0s the team. Fourth, some setup sweepers like SD Kartana as mentioned before or SD Garchomp can sweep if Weezing-Galar is chipped enough (it's pretty easy to do it tbh). Overall, I wanna say that relying on Shedinja to counter certains Pokémon is not the best idea as they can start running moves to eliminate it on switch-in (Shadow Ball Lele or the uncommon Stone Edge Shifu) or just switch-in Tyranitar/Alola-Ninetales so it dies to weather. Running Safety Goggles is not gonna save you because when rocks are up, Shedinja will not be able to check the threats anymore. I like the originality, not trying be rude but this is a little bit weak for a stall. Would recommend running something like Flamethrower Unaware Clefable to be able to beat SD Kartana/Garchomp and a solid ground type (Preferably Gastrodon that is able to eat Liquidation thanks to Water Absorb) to be able to cover up your team weaknesses.

Last edited:
Glad some of sets are being used.

That said, this team has many weaknesses, but Kartana for sure isn't one. Torn, Skarm and Weezing all check it well enough. If this team is weak to Kartana, every Stall team is.

Urshifu and Lele do give problems, but that's why Shedinja is there, I guess.

Main problem I see are Rain teams. The bad fish learns Crunch, while Seismitoad learns Knock Off, so Shedinja wont be saving you pretty often. Tornadus-T with NP also wins in the long run, though only Zapdos is a long term check of that.

Arctzolt in Hail totally destroys this too.

Changes I would do:
-Remove Shedinja and put Gastrodon, pdef one. This would allow to have a long term BU Zeraora check and rain check in one. I wouldn't trust Shedinja in a meta with Hail and Sand. Speaking of Hail, even if Gastro is still weak to Freeze Dry, at least it forces Arctzolt to predict instead of just 6-0ing with Bolt Beak.
-Put Corrosive Gas to Weezing. Even with good Heatran checks, it still can launch annoying Toxics to them. Without item, it will die faster. The move also helps the hazards spam this team has.
-Switch EQ for Liquidation to Slowking. Still hits Tran, helps vs Volca more and sometimes can beat CM Clef (who is a big threat) with defense drops. Also, now that Shedinja isn't here, put some EVs to defense, helps vs Watershifu.
-This Stall is more passive than most, a win condition is needed, especially vs other Stalls. NP + Defog Torn could be one.

Glad some of sets are being used.

That said, this team has many weaknesses, but Kartana for sure isn't one. Torn, Skarm and Weezing all check it well enough. If this team is weak to Kartana, every Stall team is.

Urshifu and Lele do give problems, but that's why Shedinja is there, I guess.

Main problem I see are Rain teams. The bad fish learns Crunch, while Seismitoad learns Knock Off, so Shedinja wont be saving you pretty often. Tornadus-T with NP also wins in the long run, though only Zapdos is a long term check of that.

Arctzolt in Hail totally destroys this too.

Changes I would do:
-Remove Shedinja and put Gastrodon, pdef one. This would allow to have a long term BU Zeraora check and rain check in one. I wouldn't trust Shedinja in a meta with Hail and Sand. Speaking of Hail, even if Gastro is still weak to Freeze Dry, at least it forces Arctzolt to predict instead of just 6-0ing with Bolt Beak.
-Put Corrosive Gas to Weezing. Even with good Heatran checks, it still can launch annoying Toxics to them. Without item, it will die faster. The move also helps the hazards spam this team has.
-Switch EQ for Liquidation to Slowking. Still hits Tran, helps vs Volca more and sometimes can beat CM Clef (who is a big threat) with defense drops. Also, now that Shedinja isn't here, put some EVs to defense, helps vs Watershifu.
-This Stall is more passive than most, a win condition is needed, especially vs other Stalls. NP + Defog Torn could be one.
First thank you all for the amazing rates of this team I was not expecting it to get this much attention :0

Secondly thanks to all of you lovely people I see this teams weaknesses (and I will be editing the RMT accordingly to make this the best team possible) thanks again and have a nice day :)

(also Eeveeto I was wondering what move I would replace for corrosive gas on gweezing and what set I should run for nasty plot torn as a win con)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)