Metagame Sketchmons

Now that smeargle has been released and we know the starmobile torques cannot be sketched as far as I'm aware (they aren't in smeargle's movepool), shouldn't they be banned in this tier because it cannot be sketched? I know this used to be the case with like chatter and other moves that were unsketchable by the move Sketch, but has this philosophy changed?

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Now that smeargle has been released and we know the starmobile torques cannot be sketched as far as I'm aware (they aren't in smeargle's movepool), shouldn't they be banned in this tier because it cannot be sketched? I know this used to be the case with like chatter and other moves that were unsketchable by the move Sketch, but has this philosophy changed?
Although the name of the tier is in fact "Sketch"mons, this is moreso a flavor option than a dependency on Sketch mechanics. In reality, the pool of moves that can be sketched is more like what STABmons uses, AKA w/e is clickable + whatever is clickable when hacked into the game.

Although the name of the tier is in fact "Sketch"mons, this is moreso a flavor option than a dependency on Sketch mechanics. In reality, the pool of moves that can be sketched is more like what STABmons uses, AKA w/e is clickable + whatever is clickable when hacked into the game.
this wasn't the case in gen 7 iirc because chatter was banned, but I assume this message means that the philosophy has changed?

I asked this question because I ran a draft league pre DLC1 and had the torque moves banned because I was unsure if they could be sketched, and now that smeargle is in the game and we know it cannot be sketched, I was leaning towards it being banned, but if this is the new philosophy behind the format, I can unban them to remain consistent with smogon.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
this wasn't the case in gen 7 iirc because chatter was banned, but I assume this message means that the philosophy has changed?

I asked this question because I ran a draft league pre DLC1 and had the torque moves banned because I was unsure if they could be sketched, and now that smeargle is in the game and we know it cannot be sketched, I was leaning towards it being banned, but if this is the new philosophy behind the format, I can unban them to remain consistent with smogon.
Dunno anything about gen 7 philosophy. I can only tell you how it works now. It's fine to unban them in your draft league :]

A highly unoptimized Sketchmons team I've been using the last few hours. It's got potential, would love to see a better teambuilder clean it up.

https://pokepast.es/9ba5cd90b4e37748

:Arcanine-Hisui:
Arcanine-Hisui @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Volt Tackle
- Extreme Speed

They finally did the best boy right with Hisui Arcanine and its bevy of high power recoil(less) moves with excellent coverage. GameFreak just needs to stop being cowards and give it Swords Dance. Volt Tackle is the Sketch move of choice, not helping much with Ground-types but gouging Water-types that want to try to eat Sun-boosted Flare Blitz.

:Latios:
Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Luster Purge
- Draco Meteor
- Armor Cannon
- Flip Turn

Gen 3 kids are eating very well. Luster Purge getting a very significant buff and native Flip Turn access has turned Latios into the hit-and-run murder machine he was always meant to be, and there's no Dragapult here to rain on his parade. Sketched Armor Cannon for perfect accuracy, great coverage with Dragon/Psychic, and very high power, especially when backed by Sun.

:Ninetales:
Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Tidy Up
- Encore
- Healing Wish

Weather setter, hazard clearer, last gasp for another sweeper, and general shit stirrer. Ninetales's unfortunate 81 Special Attack holds back Weather Ball a little bit, and having my hazard control be on a bootless Fire-type is definitely suboptimal, but I wanted to get this team posted while I have the gumption. Tidy Up and Encore are actually a problem together. Tidy Up is completely unblockable, unlike literally every other removal option (at least you've banned Gholdengo here, what the fuck was GameFreak thinking introducing that mon with that Ability in the same gen as Mortal Spin? Did they think Tidy Up on Maushold was enough to compensate?), and its speed increase helps disrupt Pokemon that see Ninetales as kinda-rightfully set-up bait.

:Booster-Energy: :Raikou:
Raging Bolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderclap
- Clanging Scales
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch

In a recent post on Raging Bolt's ban in AAA, Raging Bolt with Hadron Engine was described explicitly as a slower, bulkier, more powerful Miraidon, and that description is honestly pretty accurate. I smoked an Archaludon from full with Weather Ball earlier tonight. In fact, I didn't even have Clanging Scales sketched on this set until I started this post (I wanted the full nuke of Meteor) and I'm pretty sure my many losses tonight had nothing to do with that. Looking to be one of the strongest Pokemon out of the DLC.

:Slither Wing:
Slither Wing @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Bug
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Axe

Pretty standard Slither Wing set with Stone Axe sketched to punish Fire- or Flying-types that want to switch in, being the sole hazard setter on my team. Proto CB is threatening enough that unless you're looking to be OHKO'd consistently keeping Rocks up isn't super difficult, but I'm also in the 1200s.

:Exeggutor:
Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

This was originally a Bitter Blade Leafeon (who is totally excellent, by the way, I've seen it destroy lives) but my team was resultantly hilariously weak to Gouging Fire. This isn't that much better, but Earth Power will smoke it after Rocks chip, or at least put it in Extreme Speed range.

Overall I've been having fun tonight really digging into the ladder. It looks to be in a great spot now that the obvious problems have been fixed and I'm excited to keep playing.

A highly unoptimized Sketchmons team I've been using the last few hours. It's got potential, would love to see a better teambuilder clean it up.

Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Volt Tackle
- Extreme Speed

They finally did the best boy right with Hisui Arcanine and its bevy of high power recoil(less) moves with excellent coverage. GameFreak just needs to stop being cowards and give it Swords Dance. Volt Tackle is the Sketch move of choice, not helping much with Ground-types but gouging Water-types that want to try to eat Sun-boosted Flare Blitz.

Timid Nature
- Luster Purge
- Draco Meteor
- Armor Cannon
- Flip Turn

Gen 3 kids are eating very well. Luster Purge getting a very significant buff and native Flip Turn access has turned Latios into the hit-and-run murder machine he was always meant to be, and there's no Dragapult here to rain on his parade. Sketched Armor Cannon for perfect accuracy, great coverage with Dragon/Psychic, and very high power, especially when backed by Sun.

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Tidy Up
- Encore
- Healing Wish

Weather setter, hazard clearer, last gasp for another sweeper, and general shit stirrer. Ninetales's unfortunate 81 Special Attack holds back Weather Ball a little bit, and having my hazard control be on a bootless Fire-type is definitely suboptimal, but I wanted to get this team posted while I have the gumption. Tidy Up and Encore are actually a problem together. Tidy Up is completely unblockable, unlike literally every other removal option (at least you've banned Gholdengo here, what the fuck was GameFreak thinking introducing that mon with that Ability in the same gen as Mortal Spin? Did they think Tidy Up on Maushold was enough to compensate?), and its speed increase helps disrupt Pokemon that see Ninetales as kinda-rightfully set-up bait.

Raging Bolt @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderclap
- Clanging Scales
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch

In a recent post on Raging Bolt's ban in AAA, Raging Bolt with Hadron Engine was described explicitly as a slower, bulkier, more powerful Miraidon, and that description is honestly pretty accurate. I smoked an Archaludon from full with Weather Ball earlier tonight. In fact, I didn't even have Clanging Scales sketched on this set until I started this post (I wanted the full nuke of Meteor) and I'm pretty sure my many losses tonight had nothing to do with that. Looking to be one of the strongest Pokemon out of the DLC.

Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Axe

Pretty standard Slither Wing set with Stone Axe sketched to punish Fire- or Flying-types that want to switch in, being the sole hazard setter on my team. Proto CB is threatening enough that unless you're looking to be OHKO'd consistently keeping Rocks up isn't super difficult, but I'm also in the 1200s.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

This was originally a Bitter Blade Leafeon (who is totally excellent, by the way, I've seen it destroy lives) but my team was resultantly hilariously weak to Gouging Fire. This isn't that much better, but Earth Power will smoke it after Rocks chip, or at least put it in Extreme Speed range.

Overall I've been having fun tonight really digging into the ladder. It looks to be in a great spot now that the obvious problems have been fixed and I'm excited to keep playing.
this team is AWESOME! exeggutor can get away with a lot using those 4 attacks. very strong!

It's a small tweak but I would really run Wood Hammer over Volt Tackle on Arcanine as it helps against both Water and Ground types. Volt Tackle is only better against Toxapex.
Done, and Exeggutor has been swapped out for Modest LO Lilligant (I didn't realize Boostei at Jolly +1 outsped Timid Egg under Sun) with Earth Power and Healing Wish, with Scorched Sands over HW on Ninetales.

Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Volt Tackle
- Extreme Speed

Timid Nature
- Luster Purge
- Draco Meteor
- Armor Cannon
- Flip Turn

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Tidy Up
- Encore
- Healing Wish

Raging Bolt @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderclap
- Clanging Scales
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Axe

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

I know you already swapped Exeggutor out for Lilligant, but even just for the sake of visibility and pointing out potential bugs in need of fixing, can Exeggutor-Kanto actually learn Flamethrower on cart? or is that just an erroneous quirk of the current teambuilder implementation? I know it says it can in the teambuilder, but Serebii and Bulbapedia both have only Exeggutor-Alola learning Flamethrower (and Draco Meteor, Dragon Hammer, Knock Off, among other things, despite them also showing up for Exeggutor-Kanto).

Since the ladder seems a little dead I figured I'd post a Mono Psychic team I came up with the is pretty fun.
Mono Psy Spam
1703253099752.png

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Memento*

Classic suicide lead. Taunt to prevent opponent hazards and setup. Was going back and forth between Memento and Destiny Bond and the sketch move. While Destiny Bond is great to eliminate an opponents pokemon, it is very situational and is not hard to outplay. Memento immediately puts the opponent on the back foot as they either stay in with a Pokemon with lowered offense or they are forced to switch with fear of being setup on.

1703253837833.png

Indeedee (M) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot*
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam

Parting Shot is the sketched move of choice. It give Indeedee a way of pivoting out after setting up the terrain and further pressures the opponent the Deoxys' Memento. If they stay in they are now - 3 in offenses and if they switch the new Pokemon is now -1.

1703254232211.png

Hatterene @ Eject Pack
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psycho Boost*
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nuzzle

Helps with preventing the opponent's hazards. Psycho Boost with Eject Pack gives it a one time 140 BP pivot move that jacks up to 182 BP in Psychic Terrain. Even with no offensive investment it hits like a truck, even doing about half to a max HP Archaludon.

1703255129849.png

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mighty Cleave
- Photon Geyser*
- Close Combat

First Booster Energy sweeper. This thing is too damn fast with Booster Energy even out speeding Adamant Sand Rush Excadrill. Photon Geyser is the sketch move of choice becoming a 130 BP move in the terrain while also ignoring abilities such as Sturdy and Unaware.

1703255536271.png

Iron Crown @ Booster Energy
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Expanding Force
- Secret Sword*
- Tachyon Cutter

The second Booster Energy sweeper and honestly my favorite one. The EV spread allows it to get the speed boost from Booster Energy. They fact that Iron Crown naturally get Expanding Force allows it to sketch Secret Sword which helps it deal with special walls like Blissey that would try to stop its sweep.

1703255871033.png

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Luster Purge*
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Trick

One of the most important Pokemon on the team surprisingly. Choice Scarf paired with Trace keeps weather sweepers in check by copying their abilities and out speeds them. The newly buffed Luster Purge is the sketch move of choice. A terrain boosted 123.5 BP move with a 50% chance to lower the opponents SpDef gets out of hand quick, even for resistance.

been doing pretty well with trick room since dlc, keeping a consistent 1400 ELO is pretty difficult for me usually as a pretty casual showdown player, but I'm managing pretty well with this, maybe some smarter minds might push it further.
hatterene.gif

get in the box (Hatterene) (F) @ Eject Pack
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psycho Boost
- Misty Explosion
- Dazzling Gleam
standard TR lead, this one honestly changes on a whim based on what im running into on ladder - this is a very greedy hyper offensive set, if people are often trying to agressively kill hat, I'll swap to focus sash and just treat it as a full suicide lead, sketching armor cannon for coverage or destiny bond for cheese. otherwise just fire psycho boost after trick room, just be smart about your pivot - better to waste a turn of trick room pivoting into corviknight than getting something killed for no reason. misty explosion helps keep momentum after eject pack is consumed.
porygon-z.gif

your honor; LoL (Porygon-Z) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Tera Starstorm
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
tera starstorm is just silly on this thing. spdef clodsire is one of very few things that can take it well, and thats what psyshock is for - unfortunately leaving it pretty useless vs iron crown though. nasty plot brings the damage to absolutely absurd levels and works wonders if you can pivot this in versus something like a scarf lando-t that they cant afford to lose, nasty plot on the switch absolutely obliterates teams if you have 2 or 3 trick room turns left, ive seen +2 starstorm deal do >70% to blissey. its odd speed tier can be wonky, but sometimes can be used to your advantage since it outspeeds a lot of passive mons without TR up. leading pory vs full stall and just hard sending a nasty plot very often just obliterates them if they dont have a revenge killer.
araquanid.gif

dracovish 2 (Araquanid) @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Surging Strikes
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
the second half of the silly goose funny damage dynamic duo, this thing is arguably just as ridiculous as porygon, its just applied in different circumstances. a lot of physical walls resist water which makes a clean sweep a lot harder in practice, but i belive this thing would be legitimately broken without the prevelance of archaludon, mola, etc. only the bulkiest resists will manage anything more than a 2hko from surging strikes, frail resists get absolutely obliterated, and the multi-hit playing around focus sash on a team without rocks is a godsend.
if the enemy team doesnt have a consistent answer to it, pivot into this thing literally every chance you get. every time it comes in it'll just blow a wider and wider hole in the enemy's defenses, eventually they're bound to sack something that they crucially needed to check porygon or something else. surging strikes is what you click 99% of the time, you can go for liquidation to test for rocky helmet or save pp, but with the "win fast, win hard" nature of TR, 8 pp is usually more than enough.
corviknight.gif

lando-t = cringe (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Roost
- Brave Bird
this unassuming set is 100% the glue that hold this team together. aside from being the obvious scarf lando check (dragon ascent will ruin your life the absolute second it gets a safe switch in with TR down), its the sole bastion versus the semi-uncommon but immensely deady ambipom/cinccino. if it wasnt for this corv then leading hatt into one of those would be an instant loss. it has a neutral speed nature and some floating EVs in speed, which very notably allows you to underspeed most passive walls with TR up, so you'll beat them if they try to pivot out as corv does. its just a solid pivot through and through, and trick room as sketch catches a lot of people off guard. there's an argument for body press but i like hitting lando for neutral, and being able to kill yourself with recoil for some last ditch momentum at the end of the game is a very niche but useful option to have.
hoopa-unbound.gif

sounds like alotta (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psystrike
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
probably the member im least confident about, this thing has gone through so many moveset revisions from running mixed sketching upper hand, mixed sketching mach punch, physical with mach punch, thunderclap, all sorts of things, but that 170 spatk is just way too juicy to feel justified dropping him. id really like to run drain punch > focus blast but unfortunately uninvested drain punch misses the KO on bulky kingambit by a pretty wide margin. dark pulse also has some unfortunate numbers and ends up missing a lot of key OHKOs, without rocks this is especially painful. i was planning on doing some more testing with the first moves instead being psyshock and dark judgement, and obviously if you dont care about it not outright killing kingambit you can feel free to run something else over focus blast. last slot goes to trick room basically just for emergencies, not offering any defensive utility whatsoever, but its great to have in the back pocket in case they whiff/get a bad roll/have out a passive mon. has a similar odd speed tier to porygon, but is slightly slower, so be careful.
kingambit.png

nothing personnel (Kingambit) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick

your emergency sweeper, if all your trick roomers are gone, sack everything, click swords dance and pray. it's also decently bulky, so it isnt a bad pivot off of psycho boost if it doesnt kill early game. lum berry is basically filler, just ensures you dont auto lose to will o wisp if this is your last mon standing, could easily put a damage item here. ive debated running sunsteel strike or knock off as the sketch, but emergency priority that doesnt rely on a coin flip is absolutely great in a pinch.

-horribly weak to fire all around. do your best to keep TR up all the time if they have a fire-type sweeper, because the second it goes down it'll walk all over you.
-roaring bolt can be really annoying. if they're healthy with a calm mind up it might be gg.
-reuniclus is also incredibly obnoxious, you'll likely need to intentionally let TR go down to deal with it
-strong special attacks in general are difficult to play around due to the one defensive TR setter being all in on physical defense
-if corv dies you instantly lose to population bomb sketchers
-a bit specific but incredibly deadly, a defensive team backed by a powerful cleaner will completely dumpster you. if they can comfortably stall trick room and pivot into a threat on the turn it goes down its over. more of an innate issue of TR here but still noteworthy - smart switches and protecting moves, and regenerators can absolutely play around your funny numbers

EDIT: pokepaste if anyone wants it, I forgot memento existed so there's an updated hatt set, as well as the judgement set on hoop
https://pokepast.es/f2974bdd1affa085

Last edited:
1703854872396.png

December is almost over and I'd like to talk about Ogerpon-C and why you shouldn't sleep on it.

I've made 16 sketchmon teams during the month, and Ogerpon-C has served me well on a lot of them. Ogerpon-C already offers a lot to your team before you even have to think about a sketch move. I used it as either a lead or an anti lead, but it also functions well as a sweeper/wallbreaker. With Ivy Cudgel and Power Whip you have very solid neutral coverage against a lot of the metagame. The only relevant & common resists are King Gambit, Iron Crown, Archaludon and Goodra-H. The King & Crown are worth dying for if you can chip them with your lead.

Ogerpon-C has a great moveset full of utility and coverage moves such as: Spikes, Encore, Taunt, Swords Dance, U-turn, Trailblaze, Play Rough, Horn Leech, Knock off, Low Kick, Superpower, Stomping Tantrum etc. All of which can be situationally useful.

Combine Ogerpon-Cs naturally good movepool with sketch options such as: Stone Axe, Court Change, Tidy up, Sacred Fire, Accelerock, Ice Shard etc. makes it a powerful and unpredictable offensive asset. Here are some roles in which it excells.

Lead: Stone Axe + Spikes/Taunt/Encore/U-turn/Low Kick: Full on hazard lead. Get rocks up and then either prevent their hazards or break holes in their team.

Anti-Lead: Court Change+ Trailblaze or Tidy Up: This was better when Sticky web was still unrestricted earlier this month. Against most lead you can trail blaze to break their sash (Electrode-H, Cyclizar, Ribombee, other Ogerpon forms etc.), then either finish them up and court change next turn, or vise versa. Another option is Tidy Up, but that leaves their lead with their sash intact.

Wallbreaker - Anything you'd like: Sacred Fire, Earthquake, SD, Tidy up, U-turn, Spikes, Fighting/Ground/Fire coverage etc. Again, Ogerpon-C has very few reliable switch ins. All it takes is a lucky predict or a 1/8 crit from Ivy Cudgel is all it takes to tilt your opponent.

Replay of lead Ogerpon-C 6-0
6-0d by lead Ogerpon-C

I'm sharing my team that I'm been doing well with everyone and wish you all a Happy New Years. I managed to get two accounts pretty high up on ladder. It's my first time posting, not too familiar with the attachments, so please forgive me.

Sketchmon-Ladder.png

Here is the paste. https://pokepast.es/8cc0ac9cccf8e552

Scarf Lando: It's an amazing lead with intimidate. Scarf allows for it to check a huge chunk of the meta and revenge KO threats that would outspeed the rest of the team. As the rest of the team is pretty slow, (somewhat patched up with Jirachi glare, but nonetheless pretty slow. Dragon Ascent and Earthquake are great STABs and U-turn is amazing pivot. A huge part of lando lead is to scout for what the opponent wants to do and pivot into Jirachi or Alomomola. Hydrapple is also ok, but I added it to the team very late, I will talk more about it later. But the whole idea is to pivot into the wall breakers safely and punch a hole in the oppnent's team.

Jirachi: Glare Jirachi is very demon. Period. Para Flinch is annoying as we all know, but this team doens't rely on winning with paraflinch. Jirachi is used more pivot and with Glare for speed control. Otherwise Gallade would be outpeed by other threats easily. Steel gives Jirachi many resistanace that we can use wish to heal ourselves or our teammate up.

Alomomola is another great pivot mon that can tank hits and soak up damage with regenerator. Moveset is pretty self-explainatory. Not much to say about it honestly. Mortal Spin to remove sticky web and other hardzards. If we face up against steel, namely Archaludon, we can pivot to Gallade for an OHKO.

Gallade: The ultimate wall breaker for this team. And also this is where the team started. I had a lot of trouble and frustration playing against stall. I hate all the switching and pivoting of pex, amoongus, and clodsire. I wanted a pokmeon that can beat pex, tinglu, and clodsire. That's where Gallade fits in perfectly. We have STAB of psycho cut for pex and clod. Bitterblade to hit corvk, and sacred sword to hit chansey/blissey. Swords dance is there to punish baneful bunker. Bitterblade can also provides us healing for life orb recoil, which is helpful.

Ursaluna: Does Ursaluna stuff, facade for neutral STAB, earthquake for the other STAB.The other two moves can be anything, I had swords dance at one point, had slack off on the last. Crunch is chosen to hit ghost types and surging strikes to bypass random iron defense mons. Again, the key is to find safe switch for Ursaluna to come and do big damage. Which this team has plenty of opportunities to do so.

Hydrapple: Lastly, Hydrapple can be swap out for anything. I found myself somewhat weak to water spam so I added Hydrapple with partingshot. Amoongus can do the same thing but Amoongus doesnt offer much damage. I used to have Scizor on this slot, and I also tried Ogerpon-Rock for more offense. I have another version with Specs Poryzon-Z for big Normal Speical offense. It really depends on your preference. Gholdengo was here before it was banned. Looking through the list of available options right now, there really isn't any good speical offense options to pick from.

Not sure what else to say, might add more thoughts later, But for the time being, Have Fun!!

Slaking @ Life Orb
Ability: Truant
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Skill Swap
- Drain Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
View attachment 612675
just dropping this here. food for thought. Slaking's movepool is decent too.
It’s good but Idt it’s that good cause it can get walled and fails into paradox mons (is tusk banned?)
Iron Hands @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
Speaking of paradox mons iron hands now gets a new and improved electric stab in bolt strike to sketch making it highly powerful

It also makes it an ideal tr sweeper paired with smth like

Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Teleport
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
I have no idea if t spikes sketch is best for this it’s just a random move however it seems like a strong mon for tr teams

How do we go about getting a permanent ladder for this meta?

It’s one of my favorites, and fairly intuitive to team build for since the only difference from OU is the ability to add surprise moves.

How do we go about getting a permanent ladder for this meta?

It’s one of my favorites, and fairly intuitive to team build for since the only difference from OU is the ability to add surprise moves.
Non Perma ladders becoming perma ladders don't happen often, for inh and pic they became permas because of 2v2 and NFE officially not being oms anymore and shared power because it had such a high ladder activity during it's month. So for sketch to become a Perma it'd prolly have one of those two things happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)