Sisen's Eeveelutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made these up and wondered what everyone else thought.
Willing to take name suggestion on the ones that aren't well named

Geodeon (My favorite!!)
Rock Type

Evolves while holding hard stone on level up.

Aveon/Grypheon
Flying Type

Evolves while holding Sharp Beak on level up.

Antleon
Bug Type

No clue for evolution.

(I have no name for a fighting Eeveelution)
Combateon?
I have two different colors for it.
No clue for evolution.
Fighting Type

Evolves while holding expert belt on level up.

(No Name for Ground Eeveelution)
Ground Type

Evolves while holding soft sand on level up.

Toxeon/Meduseon
Poison Type

Evolves while holding (stick barb/toxic orb/poison barb) on level up.

Lustreon/Titaneon/Escutcheon (Some Final Fantasy shield thing)
Steel Type

Evolves while holding Metal Coat on level up/or trade?

Spectreon
Ghost Type

Evolves while holding spell tag(?) on level up.

Let me know what you think. Dragon is the only thing I haven't done...

-Sisen

I agree with kholdstaire, good recolouring and additions, but I'd like to see more of your own work. There already is an antlion Pokemon, and it's Flygon. Arthreon? (arthropod). Terreon for Ground type. I like the steel type best.

Yeah it is way too easy to see the bases, especially in the bug one. If you can, try making up bases to stick the parts on, then made additions to the bases after type-izing them.

He never said he had a problem with it, he just said that they would be much better if you used your own images instead of the already made ones.

Wow, sorry man but this sucks. This sin't art IMO, you just took some sprites and edited them with some other pics in paint. Nothing special.

Wow, sorry man but this sucks. This sin't art IMO, you just took some sprites and edited them with some other pics in paint. Nothing special.
Yeah and all those avatars I am seeing people with spliced pokemon are so original.

The bases are very apparent. Good ideas, though.
Thank you, they were just ideas. Like I expect them to be made exaclty like those previous Eeveelutions.

-Sisen

ghost, steel, Rock and ground own.

The other are just a lame rip off of current stuff that you put a color on. Sorry to say, but you're around 50%. REALLY NICE JOB on the ones that aren't basically plagairized.

Edit: grypheon looks like eevee had sex with charizard and produced lame.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There's a difference between a shopped/spliced avatar, and not being able to take the fact that your 'art' is a shitty excuse for recoloring some stock photos of previous eeveelutions with no skill.

seriously, you could at least be a good sport when people call you out for having a dumb idea, that you yourself should see as dumb, or else you're dumb.

you asked what everyone thought, and the consensus is pretty clear.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Sisen, your attitude about all this is really bad. First of all, sprites are meant to be simple - it's pixel art. It's not a serious art form, just something for people to do without actually having to use any artistic skill. This is completely different.

As soon as you make a thread outside of sprites, people expect you to at least have drawn something by yourself. It doesn't matter if you stink at drawing, because not everyone is a professional artist. But all you did was take parts from pre-existing images, change the colors on them, and stick them on ANOTHER pre-existing image. That doesn't take any skill at all so you can imagine how disappointed people will be.

You have good ideas, but you just have to work harder and not take short cuts. Also, listen to others. If you shut your ears to any criticism, you'll never succeed in anything in life.

Thank you aragorn.. Hopefully you will get trough this kids thick skull.

And if he tries to argue with you and claims that your art is unoriginal just show him your Deviantart page.. That will shut him up.

WTF? I never argued with anyone or trashed anyone elses art...
You either like something or you don't, I don't care if some of you are hormonal teenagers. You don't have to be dicks about it.

You're the one being an ass about everything here, Sisen. So far all the comments I have seen in this thread are constructive (save for shiny crobat's post [and maybe majesty's] but he is in the 'could be banned' user group so maybe it'd be smart not to take what he says too seriously??) or just soft opinions, nothing very harsh at all. If you make a thread it's obvious you're looking for criticism, unless you're arrogant to the point that you think you'll only get praise posts. People gave you that criticism. If you don't like what you hear, well, don't act all whiny and bitchy and accuse us of being 'hormonal teenagers'.
Also, about this...
Says the kid with Hasselhoff in a speedo for his avatar.
I think this is really dumb. What does his avatar have to do anything? It's not like he went and produced a thread named 'come check out my avatar its so good'. Not everyone has to produce their own avatars.

As for my own opinion of this stuff, I think you have some good ideas (like the aforementioned steel and fighting types), but others are just 'too easy' and don't look like pokemon (ie. the rock type - the rocks look really random in the middle of the body; ground type - what do long ears and a fluffy tail have to do with ground?) and the bug type is godawful, no offense though.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Well said, Doomsday. Sisen, you opened up this argument yourself by being both stubborn and defensive instead of accepting comments from people who clearly want to help (and also by the reference to khold's avatar even though khold has more artistic skill compared to what you've shown).

*sigh* There's nothing more annoying than something who won't accept criticism.

Anyways, nothing good is gonna come out of this thread. Locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)