SV UU SinisTar 3: The Meta Threat

Note: Name is wordplay based on the inclusion of Metagross to the team, not that this is game-changing in anyway

Screenshot 2024-01-12 103930.png

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Sinistcha @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Matcha Gotcha
- Shadow Ball
- Strength Sap

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Roar

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Dragon Tail

Quaquaval @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Aqua Step
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Metagross @ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Psychic Fangs
- Knock Off

The whole reason I started working on this team back in the Teal Mask meta; I love me some Tyranitar, and I definitely love some Dragon Dance Edge-Quake action. I may decide to drop Stone Edge and Leftovers for Rock Blast and Loaded Dice again as I have no sound-based moves to hit through substitutes, and the damage and accuracy is comparable if not potentially better, but Leftovers helps offset Sand Stream damage after Tera. Tera Flying for set-up opportunities and immunities/resistances to Fighting, Bug, Grass, and Ground.

The second member of the team, and, along with Tyranitar, the namesake of the team. Alongside Tyranitar, it provides an excellent offensively-oriented defensive core (if I'm using the term correctly; apologies if I'm not), with Grass/Ghost resisting or being immune to Fighting, Ground, Water, and Grass, and Rock/Dark resisting Dark, Ghost, and Flying. Matcha Gotcha also has a chance to burn incoming physical attackers, and Strength Sap can momentarily cripple them also, allowing Tyranitar an easier time switching in and setting up. Tera Poison for Toxic immunity and the resist to Bug and Fighting.

The third member of the team, and the last of the ones from my original version (as shown in the Sample Teams thread for the UU metagames). Flamethrower, Flame Body, and Will-O-Wisp is to help provide burn, Roost for healing . . . standard stuff really. However, I've gotten more use out of Roar as both a pHazing tool and an anti-pivot tool; bonus is the fact it is a sound-based move, which allows it to bypass Substitute. Tera Poison for Toxic immunity and the resist to Bug and Fighting.

The fourth member of the team, Hoodra provides a solid defensive core with Moltres, resisting a total of 14 of the 18 types together, resisting or being immune to each others' weaknesses, and having somewhat complimentary movesets with Roar and Dragon Tail specifically. Sassy nature over Calm/Careful for more power with Dragon Tail and potentially Gyro Ball if the meta proves to be consistently fast enough for it to outdamage Flash Cannon. Body Press over Flamethrower because, well, already have Flamethrower on another member of the team, and Body Press would be used off of a higher stat anyhow. Also Sap Sipper to wall Amoongus and Sinistcha (Dragon Tail can get Sinistcha out if it tries to set up). Tera Poison for Toxic immunity and the resist to Bug and Fighting.

Mambo #5: at this point I have solid defensive profile, but I noticed something in particular when playing actual matches. My opponent and I were switching around a lot. So, not only did I need a hazard-setter to help generate and maintain momentum while forcing switches, I also needed my own form of hazard removal to help slow or even stop my opponents' momentum. Quaquaval fits the latter half of that puzzle with Rapid Spin. It also has the potential to snowball late-game with Moxie and Aqua Step/Rapid Spin boosts. Tera Electric for Thunder Wave immunity, resistance to Electric and Flying, and generally

The latest member to join the team, and the one I'm least confident about as far as the set goes. Stealth Rock to help pressure opponents switching around, Knock Off and Psychic Fangs for additional utility, and Bullet Punch for Priority against Ribombee, Grimmsnarl, A-Ninetails, Ogerpon-Cornerstone, etc. Spe EVs are so it can outspeed standard Sinistcha sets, though it may be better if it were slightly slower due to how Clear Body works. Tera Steel for losing Dark and Ghost weaknesses and gaining more offensive power with Bullet Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)