Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
How viable do you guys think Magnezone is for the recent shift? He got a few steel type competition so I thought he could potentially thrive with a specs analytic set.

Hello! I recently found my way into this tier due to my favorite Pokemon (flygon) is in this tier in singles, so, how is she currently used in this format and what are some good Pokemon to pair with him?

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
How viable do you guys think Magnezone is for the recent shift? He got a few steel type competition so I thought he could potentially thrive with a specs analytic set.
Magnezone hasn't seen a ton of use yet, but you're right to think Choice Specs + Analytic is good on it:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast

You can mess with the Speed EVs, but I think this moveset is your best bet when using Magnezone. Tera Blast Grass complements its dual-STAB coverage very nicely, only missing out on Rotom-H, which is taking a lot from your Analytic Thunderbolts anyway.

Hello! I recently found my way into this tier due to my favorite Pokemon (flygon) is in this tier in singles, so, how is she currently used in this format and what are some good Pokemon to pair with him?
I've mostly seen Dragon Dance Flygon on hyper offense lately, but Choice Scarf is still a fine set. Its issue right now is an increase in competition for its niches of offensive Ground-type and Choice Scarf user. The latter is really where you see it hurt in my opinion, as we got multiple new Choice Scarf users that are simply faster and stronger than it, such as Mienshao, Infernape, Lycanroc-D, and even Munkidori.

Magnezone hasn't seen a ton of use yet, but you're right to think Choice Specs + Analytic is good on it:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast

You can mess with the Speed EVs, but I think this moveset is your best bet when using Magnezone. Tera Blast Grass complements its dual-STAB coverage very nicely, only missing out on Rotom-H, which is taking a lot from your Analytic Thunderbolts anyway.

I've mostly seen Dragon Dance Flygon on hyper offense lately, but Choice Scarf is still a fine set. Its issue right now is an increase in competition for its niches of offensive Ground-type and Choice Scarf user. The latter is really where you see it hurt in my opinion, as we got multiple new Choice Scarf users that are simply faster and stronger than it, such as Mienshao, Infernape, Lycanroc-D, and even Munkidori.
Hmm okay, thank you so much for responding to me! That’s quite unfortunate that it isn’t all that great anymore but I still wanna see what I can do to make it work! Thank you again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)