Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
I'm assuming this calculation involves Tera Fighting :Zacian-Crowned: but it's slightly off:

+3 252 Atk Tera Fighting Zacian-Crowned Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 342-403 (85.9 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

To ensure you always survive a +3 Tera Fighting Close Combat from :Zacian-Crowned: you need to run 228 / 248 + in HP / Defense respectively:

+3 252 Atk Tera Fighting Zacian-Crowned Close Combat vs. 228 HP / 248+ Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 331-391 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The remaining 32 EVs can be allocated to speed so that you outspeed everything up to max speed :Eternatus: at +2.

This is the spread I recommend when using Defensive DD :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Ground / Dark
EVs: 228 HP / 248 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
- Earthquake / Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser / Knock Off
- Morning Sun
Tanking zacian is far less useful than creeping Bikes at +2. A small chance to die to tera fighting is fine

How is it that in March, 170k games were played in the Ubers tier, and 228k were played in Anything Goes? People are currently complaining about Miraidon and Last Respects, yet it appears that players enjoy using broken Calyrex-Shadow.

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
How is it that in March, 170k games were played in the Ubers tier, and 228k were played in Anything Goes? People are currently complaining about Miraidon and Last Respects, yet it appears that players enjoy using broken Calyrex-Shadow.
I’ve not looked at the ladder stats for this month specifically but you’ve got to remember that the ladder for AG also includes little Timmy loading his in game team, as well as people loading 1-2 Pokémon just to be funny. Ladder stats for AG are far from the be all and end all. Fun and enjoyment are ultimately subjective, the best metrics we have to go off of are tournament sizes in which Ubers tends to see significantly more players. The other thing that you’ve also got to remember that AG attracts a different crowd, notably due to its lack of Species and Baton Pass Clause. Calyrex-S is far from the only difference.

How good are psychic terrain teams in Ubers? We've got Deoxys-Attack and Necrozma Dusk Mane, two very different abusers that are top mons on their own, while also supporting things such as flutter mane to not get revenge killed by priority.

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
How good are psychic terrain teams in Ubers? We've got Deoxys-Attack and Necrozma Dusk Mane, two very different abusers that are top mons on their own, while also supporting things such as flutter mane to not get revenge killed by priority.
They're not something you see at all. Indeedee is the biggest issue there, while in theory Psychic Terrain teams are great, in practice you're bringing an atrociously awful Pokémon to a game, whose one niche can be overriden by going hard into a top 2 Pokémon in the tier (Miraidon' s Hadron Engine which summons Electric Terrain). Manual Psychic Terrain runs into a similar issue, perhaps there's a niche for it but you'd certainly never be able to get away with it even remotely consistently.

This might be less an ubers thing and more a community thing, but why is the term "stability" used the way it is? Every time I see it referenced in ubers discussions it seems like a bullshit buzzword that can mean whatever you want or nothing at all

When applied to a tier its meaning is highly ambiguous, however my natural assumption is that that an unstable metagame is one prone to rapid and sudden shifts in metagame trends. Then in the ubers surveys it's defined as the better player winning most of the time. What?

a) that's not what stability means
b) if you use an established word to communicate and then have to immediately clarify its definition, that's a flag to check if the word is appropriate
c) there are better options. "Competitive" would be better, or alternatively just say it "rewards skill", which is even more clear

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

Okay, so I am returning to ubers for the first time since an eternity, I've made a quick random team around Groudon using the probabilities in the stat usages. Here's the result.
- Groudon (mandatory)
- Calyrex-Ice
- Arceus-Ground
- Grimmsnarl
- Zacian-Crowned
- Kyogre
At first glance, what team archetype it is, and what role each Pokemon should have (and which ones should I replace with other mons, if necessary)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)