Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Please use this thread to post simple questions about the CAP Metagame that would have relatively simple answers. For example, "When is X tournament starting?" or "Why is X CAP considered unviable?". For simple questions about the CAP Process, such as "When does the next CAP start?", "How are base stats for CAPs decided upon?", etc, please direct them at THIS thread instead.

Alright something interesting I noted lately is that Blissey has Heal Bell in its Gen 9 Egg Moves, but currently has no way to actually learn the move as we're completely lacking mons that can learn Heal Bell in other ways in the Paldea Dex.

This brings us to an interesting case in CAP: our very own Saharaja is a mon that learns Heal Bell via levelup, and can breed. Now while Saharaja and Blissey do not actually share an egg group, the new Mirror Herb mechanic means that, if Saharaja and Blissey were to actually exist in one game, Saha could and would pass Heal Bell onto a Blissey this way.

Does this mean anything for the CAP meta? Is there any chance Heal Bell could be made legal on Blissey here, or are we playing the safe game and not updating its movepool? Considering Blissey already had its movepool gutted pretty badly this gen and Heal Bell is quite the notable move on it, this is actually a fairly relevant case and something I feel could deserve some discussion.

Hey, I haven't been here for like 6 months and I've only just caught up with what the OU meta is like.

I'm wondering if there are any recent Miasmaw teams that are "passable" or even decent for the current meta?
I'd curious if Neutralizing Gas can still find some advantageous matchups now, even if there are a bunch of mus where Maw is pretty useless.
Thanks for any replies.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey, I haven't been here for like 6 months and I've only just caught up with what the OU meta is like.

I'm wondering if there are any recent Miasmaw teams that are "passable" or even decent for the current meta?
I'd curious if Neutralizing Gas can still find some advantageous matchups now, even if there are a bunch of mus where Maw is pretty useless.
Thanks for any replies.
Miasmaw is actually quite good right now, with it actually getting an indirect buff in DLC2, as the paradox abilities are now blocked by ngas. It is mainly seen on Hyper Offense teams running Scale Shot Loaded Dice Sets. I don't really have too many teams with it in my builder that weren't made pre-ID, but you can generally just get by with putting it on a standard screens HO team.

Thanks for the helpful reply DPM.

If anyone else that comes across this post happens to have a Maw team that is pretty confidently built well, I'd really love to see the team and it'd be much appreciated.

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Just a question out of curiosity: Have the DLC2 additions had a very noticeable impact on this metagame? Quite a few good mons dropped with DLC2.
They sure have. A lot of the big additions to OU have similarly big impacts in CAP. Take a look at the last VR update here for an idea of how stuff settled and adjusted, and CAPCL replays here for an idea of how teams look and games play out post-Indigo Disk.

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
When are the CAP analysis coming out? The thread says that they will wait until we have a stable DLC metagame, and with 3-4 weeks since DLC 2, It should be a stable enough metagame to continue.
Time will tell, especially since CAPCL is out and Archaludon being suspected we have to wait to see how the metagame plays out so just be patient :)

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
How would I make a CAP Pokémon? Is it ok if I send the four I’ve finished to a CAP staff person?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)