Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

It is a simple yes or no question:
Has gen 8 toxapex and only gen 8 toxapex ever been considered for a ban?

If yes I want to know the result of the voting.

If it hasn't just tell me it hasn't, don't explain to me why it hasn't, I have already had this conversation before.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
It is a simple yes or no question:
Has gen 8 toxapex and only gen 8 toxapex ever been considered for a ban?

If yes I want to know the result of the voting.

If it hasn't just tell me it hasn't, don't explain to me why it hasn't, I have already had this conversation before.
As far as the Crown Tundra metagames go, no. It was never suspected at all and it wasn't really that much of a problem to deal with. Before the CT, I dunno. I only started playing then

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
will sspl have a bsdp slot y/n
SSPL is quite a ways away, and that will be a conversation for the policy thread, whenever that goes up (in multiple months). If I had to take a guess, the answer is going to be no, but that will all depend on the policy thread.

What happened to Victini, seems like it should be good into this meta but I haven't seen it much in spl. Has it declined in viability? If so I hope it can make a comeback!

dex

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
What happened to Victini, seems like it should be good into this meta but I haven't seen it much in spl. Has it declined in viability? If so I hope it can make a comeback!
Victini will always be "niche" in SS OU for a variety of reasons. The easiest way to describe it is just by going down the VR and noticing just how many Pokemon that are good and highly used are very, very positive into Victini. SS OU is a metagame that has a lot of Landorus-T, Dragapult, Heatran, Weavile, and Garchomp, to name a few. While Victini can "tech" for some of these matchups, it can't do everything at once, and getting a prediction wrong usually means Victini isn't coming in again. There's just better Fire-types (Blaziken, Heatran, Blacephalon, Volcarona) and better Psychic-types (Tapu Lele), so it is difficult to justify Victini, an easily punishable offensive breaker that can't threaten some of the best Pokemon in the tier anyways.

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Not sure if 'this meta' is what you think it is considering how you were nodding your head at how the tier is some boring stall fest in an SV OU thread :worrywhirl:

But to answer your question, Victini is still very viable - it was ranked B+ in a recent aggregated viability ranking and can be extremely difficult to handle on some structures looking to take advantage of its expansive movepool. You need to consider that there are only so many matches played in team tournaments like SPL and not everything that is below the metagame staples will get used often - I am sure that Victini's time to shine will come eventually :woop:

Does reckless boost activate on a life orb?
for instance: will a reckless obstagoon holding a life orb get a boosted tackle?

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
Does reckless boost activate on a life orb?
for instance: will a reckless obstagoon holding a life orb get a boosted tackle?
Bulbapedia: Reckless increases the power of moves that have recoil or crash damage by 20%, except Struggle. Because recoil damage is proportional to damage dealt, Pokémon with Reckless will only take increased recoil damage when they do more damage.

So i believe the answer is No.

dex

Has Quick Claw been considered , I'm unsure if this is a builder diff but what exactly is counterplay to cheese playstyles like this https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-2089948162?p2
I believe it has been brought up before. Quick Claw isn’t a new concept in SS OU, and the tier has quite a few good users of it (Melmetal is exactly what Quick Claw wants) but I believe it was deemed just too inconsistent. It’s not as big of a deal as a Brightpowder proc, but maybe it’s something OU as a tier can look into later on if it becomes an issue. In SS, it’s likely not enough to be bannable.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Has Quick Claw been considered , I'm unsure if this is a builder diff but what exactly is counterplay to cheese playstyles like this https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-2089948162?p2
qc/qd has been brought up some in CG but the discussions never went much of anywhere beyond people complaining and the most useless metagame thread arguments i have ever seen

they should probably be banned in my opinion its mostly just nobody currently feeling like taking action on it/general indifference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)