Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
I have seen people say that Slowking can outpressure Garganacl, I know that Surf in a Rock type goes boom boom
But assuming Garga tera´d
How does Slowking pressure, a tera garga?

Why wasn't Walking-Wake, more like Walking-Mid. Sorry... But why wasn't Walking-Wake banned from OU? I'm aware the suspect test didn't get enough Ban votes. But what I mean is, why wasn't it banned? I remember people complaining about it, and how it was so much of a threat it was in games. And how if you didn't prepare for it you'd be screwed. I haven't seen much of it, but in most games, I wasn't really scared of it and outplayed it somewhat easily. Were people overacting to just a solid mon?
People managed to find ways to adapt to it

SpD Toxapex
Water Absorb Tera Fairy Clodsire
Blissey
Slowking with Chilly reception
Sylveon
Spedef Ttar with Sand
Scream Tail
Spedef Tera Fairy Gastrodon
Tera Water Garganacl
Azumarill

All of these mons can handle it defensevly

While stuff like Booster Energy/Choice Scarf Iron Valiant
dragon-types like hydreigon, baxcalibur, and roaring moon that punish the hydro steam lock
focus sash users such as meowscarada, ceruledge, breloom, and zoroark-h
Kingambit

Can potentially outoffense WW

I have seen people say that Slowking can outpressure Garganacl, I know that Surf in a Rock type goes boom boom
But assuming Garga tera´d
How does Slowking pressure, a tera garga?
Slowking with another regen mon denies any kind of progress for Garg and they pp stall him. Just switching between that core makes it for Garg to do anything, Future sight forces a recover from Garg while the other regenerator mon uses clear smog or haze to prevent curse Garg to get enough boosts to beat the core, while they also absorb Toxic spikes for slowking. Of course there is an issue and that is the block set to stop the core, but if you go slowking first at least he can scape from Garg with CR.

Two questions:

1. I believe I asked a good while ago, but what exactly is semi-stall? That sounds sexy. Would someone be so kind as to give an example of a semi stall core? Saw user Corviknight mention it and it got my juices flowing.

2. I'm on mobile right now, and as I'm typing this, I don't have the option to bold, italic, or anything. It's all greyed out. Did I touch something by mistake?

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Two questions:

1. I believe I asked a good while ago, but what exactly is semi-stall? That sounds sexy. Would someone be so kind as to give an example of a semi stall core? Saw user Corviknight mention it and it got my juices flowing.
A team that operates simlarly to stall but has more offensive options. Compare it to a hardcore stall that has six fat fucks that won't die, semi stall would only have like four, at most five, with the last slots dedicated to cleaning up once the enemy team has been driven insane by the playstyle

Why wasn't Walking-Wake, more like Walking-Mid. Sorry... But why wasn't Walking-Wake banned from OU? I'm aware the suspect test didn't get enough Ban votes. But what I mean is, why wasn't it banned? I remember people complaining about it, and how it was so much of a threat it was in games. And how if you didn't prepare for it you'd be screwed. I haven't seen much of it, but in most games, I wasn't really scared of it and outplayed it somewhat easily. Were people overacting to just a solid mon?
I think it was a little Kneejerk, but when it debuted Walking Wake was very suddenly exerting a lot of offensive pressure on the tier with little immediate counterplay apparent, which does mirror a pattern we saw in several previous mons who proved removal-worthy like Flutter Mane, LR Houndstone, Chien-Pao, Palafin, etc. Obviously nowhere NEAR the same degree, but it was matching a pattern players had been conditioned to recognize in bans, while having the abruptness factor of dropping literally the hour after it was shown to exist, which didn't leave much time to speculate or pre-build based on preview/datamine info as some players capitalized on from things like leaks or forthcoming-addition announcements like Home or previous Raid drops (Cinderace and Greninja for example).

Reading through the Suspect discussion thread, there is also a discernible number of people who mention going from a ban -> no ban position after playing the Ladder, which is the main purpose of Suspecting it by ensuring people get a large amount of play experience with/against the mon under their belt. Main things that emerged were seeing that while Walking Wake is a bit short of checks, it is extremely momentum dependent and its playstyle has a lot of ways to play against it even without specific mons, such as Weather removal or capitalizing on teammates it basically needs/always pairs with like Torkoal for Sun or Great Tusk as a Spinner/Blanket Check/Physical Breaker.

Learning to respond to the Sun Team rather than just Sun WW alone took it from Walking Wake to Strolling Stream.

A team that operates simlarly to stall but has more offensive options. Compare it to a hardcore stall that has six fat fucks that won't die, semi stall would only have like four, at most five, with the last slots dedicated to cleaning up once the enemy team has been driven insane by the playstyle
To add something to this, the last mon could also be something like a breaker or a trapper to make easier some match ups. In past gens band Tyranitar with pursuit, Dugtrio or Magma strom + taunt Heatran helped to either get rid of the most threating mon on your rival team which could lead to an instant win because your opponent couldn't break your defenses anymore or remove an important mon of your rival team in fat vs fat, like the toxic spikes aborber, the SR setter, the heal bell user, an so on.

Can indeedee utilize the Stored Power/Calm Mind combo on his own? Mayhaps the female would better serve?
It can certainly can run that set but there are better options, especially in OU. I’d recommend Hatterene, Armarouge, or Polteageist over Indeedee, he/she is really best served as a support pokemon for Psyspam teams in OU. That being said, Indeedee-F is down in PU, so if you want to, you can definitely try to make this work in the lower tiers.

Last edited:
Can indeedee utilize the Stored Power/Calm Mind combo on his own? Mayhaps the female would better serve?
It could but it does that better in lower tiers, in OU its mainly used for its support utilities. One of the biggest drawbacks of offensive Indeedee is that u do not have an immediate way to target steels without dedicating your Tera and Terablast from your moveslot, it does not get any of the super effective moves vs common steels like Mystical Fire, Flamet or Focus blast so even if being immune to sucker punch gambit and bulletpunch scizor is hella cool u cant hit em hard :/

You know who i have been toying with and was hella fun? CM Boomburst Scream Tail, your idea reminded me of that
I really wish you hadn't done this to me, my gimmick team revoles in part around psychic terrain, and I've been toying with what to do with Scream Tail, if I add it in at all (looking for a wishpasser).

May I trouble you for your set? I might have it be the main recipient of Fairy tera if it patches up holes well enough

Recently I have read in different people something about
"Yeah that Hydreigon set can really 6-0 you or you can 6-0 with it if played right"
The set isn't in those comments tho
Any idea what set is it about? And if it's NP+3 Attacks, isn't Hydreigon a bit slow to do such a task?

I really wish you hadn't done this to me, my gimmick team revoles in part around psychic terrain, and I've been toying with what to do with Scream Tail, if I add it in at all (looking for a wishpasser).

May I trouble you for your set? I might have it be the main recipient of Fairy tera if it patches up holes well enough
I was using it like this:

Scream Tail @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Went with Timid Booster Energy to outspeed even +Speed Booster energy Iron Moths so u can Tera CM and beat em with boomburst, Flamet for steels and Dazzling for stab vs dragapult which u are immune to its shadowball when tera and draco when non tera.

"Yeah that Hydreigon set can really 6-0 you or you can 6-0 with it if played right"
Any idea what set is it about? And if it's NP+3 Attacks, isn't Hydreigon a bit slow to do such a task?
I believe they talk about
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
a very potent stallbreaker

The set friend above posted with Sub NP is very good although i think u want Earth Power on Sub NP and leftovers as he posted which means tho u do less immediate dmg. Other set that is rly good is 3 atks Draco Dark Pulse Flash Cannon with Tera Steel and Stealth Rocks or Nasty Plot. If you are using Eject Pack or Sash lead then Rocks is better, if using LO or Lefties then Nasty Plot is usually better. Whats cool about this set is that Tera steel even tho u are slow allows you to lure and beat 1v1 faster threats like Dragapult, Valiant and Paradox Suicune. By beating those u free alot your team vs usually the fastest threat opposing teams run. Not only that but by becoming Steel type u remove the ability to get poisoned and u have incredible defensive utility with your levitate so things like Toxapex and Clodsire cant punish you much. Another rly cool set is Mirror Herb 3 atks NP or rocks as lead vs rapid spin tusk or QD volcarona

Is Specs Dragonite mainly used over Specs Mence for the surprise factor or does it have other advantages?
Specs Dragonite or mence isnt v common. Its mainly a surprise factor gimmick that can be used in mid to low ladder or sometimes in rain teams however rain usually functions alot better with kilowatr or dragapult doing similar things. If u had to compre tho the Mence and Dragonite as spatkers Dragonites ability being generally more useful gives it the advantage

Even though it is UU, what playstyle would Maushold be best on? Could it have good synergy with H-Zoroark for a digused, strong Ghost and Fighting coverage Maushold has trouble with?

Even though it is UU, what playstyle would Maushold be best on? Could it have good synergy with H-Zoroark for a digused, strong Ghost and Fighting coverage Maushold has trouble with?
Maushold id say would work best on a Bulky offensive build or even hyper offense as it doesnt provide very much defensive utility outside of hazard control (which btw removes your hazards too like defog) and ghost immunity. Partners like Knock off users so u can get rid of Rocky Helmet pokemons that would ohko Maushold work great with it, for ex Great tusk Knock off into Corviknight. Other partners like Magnezone, Strong fire types that can annoy steels and strong grounds work too. Zoroark doesnt immediately seem like a great synergy with Maushold as they share similar problems defensively and offensively its not like they rly break for each other however i could see some smart ideas like Low Kick Zoroark into Kingambit that would normally check your Maushold or Specs flamethrower vs Gholdengo etc.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I missed several gens of pokemon.

I'm trying to make a team on Showdown with a Kleavor in it and it seems that all possible formats don't allow it. Some say it doesn't exist in gen 8 and I looked it up and apparently its from gen 8 .

I'm really confused, can anyone tell me what tier Kleavor is allowed in on Showdown?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)