Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Is there any way to fight yourself in Showdown with two different teams? Wanted to test something
You'll need to make a second account and send a challenge to it from a different computer or through an incognito window. Thankfully, it's really easy to make an account, so it shouldn't be too much work to set up (aside from copying/exporting one team over)

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Is there any way to fight yourself in Showdown with two different teams? Wanted to test something
You'll need to make a second account and send a challenge to it from a different computer or through an incognito window. Thankfully, it's really easy to make an account, so it shouldn't be too much work to set up (aside from copying/exporting one team over)
In addition to Kirby's answer, you don't need an incognito window or a different computer. A second browser will do just fine

Looking through the new additions to the OU tier i noticed that hisuian-zoroark has the base stats distribution it used to have during PLA. However, wasn't it supposed to have the same base stats as regular Zoroark?
I remember quite clearly seeing in the leaks that was one of the stat changes that happened transitioning from gen VIII to IX, along with kleavor relocated 5BP from attack to sp. Def.
Was that somehow changed again?
They even have it stated on this bulbapedia article: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Base_stats

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Looking through the new additions to the OU tier i noticed that hisuian-zoroark has the base stats distribution it used to have during PLA. However, wasn't it supposed to have the same base stats as regular Zoroark?
I remember quite clearly seeing in the leaks that was one of the stat changes that happened transitioning from gen VIII to IX, along with kleavor relocated 5BP from attack to sp. Def.
Was that somehow changed again?
They even have it stated on this bulbapedia article: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Base_stats
Nintendo updated both Zoroark-Hisui and Kleavor to match their PLA stats in the 1.20 update, for some reason they were the only two hisui mons to have a discrepancy with their PLA stats.

Confirmed here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...chanics-research.3709545/page-29#post-9525015

What's the Psychic Terrain team that's been seeing a bit of usage lately? The one with Indeedee/Armarouge/Polteageist. I'm kinda curious to see what the hype behind it is.

Random questions. But I've been comparing Walking Wake to Dracovish. Being that they have the same typing and they kinda function the same, being that they would prefer to use their signature moves. I was wondering if Walking Wake is a better more complete version of Mr. Fish or a worse version. On paper, you would assume purely on stats one was better, but I feel Dracovish pretty OHKO everything that wasn't water or grass type under the right conditions. While this mon requires good predictions to use properly. Also, does it have the potential to be banned like Mr. Fish?

Random questions. But I've been comparing Walking Wake to Dracovish. Being that they have the same typing and they kinda function the same, being that they would prefer to use their signature moves. I was wondering if Walking Wake is a better more complete version of Mr. Fish or a worse version. On paper, you would assume purely on stats one was better, but I feel Dracovish pretty OHKO everything that wasn't water or grass type under the right conditions. While this mon requires good predictions to use properly. Also, does it have the potential to be banned like Mr. Fish?
Depends what you mean by "better" and "more complete".

Dracovish was a lot of stacking power specifically behind one move such that it would KO anything relevant without an Immunity in 2 hits. Walking Wake takes more support to hit that level of absurd power relative to the meta, so it's not stronger, but might be "better" in that its design is quite as basic Unga at a glance.

Potential to be banned is never strictly out of the question, but I think a lot of the early "way too OP" evaluations are starting to cool off and more discussion is to be had, whether or not those positions are "action but maybe not a quickban" or just better articulating the same stance they had initially.

Best tera types for these pokémon? Just don’t want to make a mistake with my Tera Shards

Breloom
Garganacl
Gholdengo
Rotom-W
Garchomp
Flutter Mane

Thanks in advance

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Best tera types for these pokémon? Just don’t want to make a mistake with my Tera Shards

Breloom
Garganacl
Gholdengo
Rotom-W
Garchomp
Flutter Mane

Thanks in advance
Breloom Fighting, Grass, Fire, Electric
Garganacl Water, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Steel, Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Poison
Gholdengo Flying, Water, Fairy, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Fighting, Normal, Dark
Rotom-Wash Steel, Ghost, Fairy, Water, Dark, Normal, Electric
Garchomp Steel, Ghost, Fire, Dragon, Water, Fairy, Flying, Dark

Flutter Mane is uber

See more information at this link for other mons best teras: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tera-type-index.3716401/

Breloom Fighting, Grass, Fire, Electric
Garganacl Water, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Steel, Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Poison
Gholdengo Flying, Water, Fairy, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Fighting, Normal, Dark
Rotom-Wash Steel, Ghost, Fairy, Water, Dark, Normal, Electric
Garchomp Steel, Ghost, Fire, Dragon, Water, Fairy, Flying, Dark

Flutter Mane is uber

See more information at this link for other mons best teras: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tera-type-index.3716401/
Thank you, AndViet! Would you say these are ordered by priority?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Can anyone provide me some links of Walking Wake gameplay? Preferably high ladder or tournament play.

Why is Hatterene in most Sun teams? Magic Bounce?
Magic Bounce is a big help for sun teams, particularly ones who feature a Fire-type without Boots such as Charizard, Scovillain, Ceruledge, and Iron Moth. Most sun teams already use Great Tusk but it can get overwhelmed by hazards + all the physical attackers it has to help deal with such as Kingambit.

In addition, Hatterene in sun is often seen with Eject Button which helps maintain offensive momentum, and Healing Wish which can give a potent breaker a second chance at weakening the opposing team.

Gonna reiterate a question I asked a long time ago, but will ladder challenges ever start back up? If so, when can we expect them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)